Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Just noticed something else - both of those fans will require a 4-pin connection, correct?

I'd have to look at my mobo and see if I have enough connections for them... >_>
    Well, mine has like 5 cpu fan plugs on the mobo itself, lemme look at yours though..Yours appears to have four. Not sure if your case has a fan controller or a hub. You don't have to get that fan, pretty much any 120 will fit with the clip afaik.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-06-30 at 05:18 AM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a VERY crummy case, so definitely not.

YAY DISCONTINUED!

---------- Post added 2011-06-30 at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Well, mine has like 5 cpu fan plugs on the mobo itself, lemme look at yours though..Yours appears to have four. Not sure if your case has a fan controller or a hub. You don't have to get that fan, pretty much any 120 will fit with the clip afaik.
    So - basically, I'd be looking at a 120mm case fan that's 3-pin instead of 4, correct?

This one looks nice?

s
    econd thought - volume consideration - Pick me!
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2011-06-30 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a VERY crummy case, so definitely not.

YAY DISCONTINUED!

---------- Post added 2011-06-30 at 01:24 AM ----------

So - basically, I'd be looking at a 120mm case fan that's 3-pin instead of 4, correct?

This one looks nice?

s
    econd thought - volume consideration - Pick me!
    Let's try this again.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherb.../cs-012074.htm

Also, you can use either, they should work fine, any LED fan you connect though you won't have the option of turning the LED off, so make sure you like the color :P. Anyways, off to bed, work in 6ish hours, be back a bit after that to answer any further questions
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-06-30 at 05:33 AM.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's try this again.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherb.../cs-012074.htm

Also, you can use either, they should work fine, any LED fan you connect though you won't have the option of turning the LED off, so make sure you like the color :P. Anyways, off to bed, work in 6ish hours, be back a bit after that to answer any further questions
    Ah, very nice. Still going to look at a 3-pin fan for ease, and I want to get a Scythe fan after looking at some stuff - they are generally quiet for air moved and reliable, unless I am mistaken?

Ah, very nice. Still going to look at a 3-pin fan for ease, and I want to get a Scythe fan after looking at some stuff - they are generally quiet for air moved and reliable, unless I am mistaken?
    They are quite reliable and pretty quiet for the air moved.

But if you are like me and hold quality above all else, then shelling out $25 for a Noctua NF-P12 is a great idea Utterly silent and they move a tooooon of air. I have two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed something else - both of those fans will require a 4-pin connection, correct?

I'd have to look at my mobo and see if I have enough connections for them... >_>

EDIT - is there harm plugging a 4-pin fan into a 3-pin slot?

Only difference is the fan can't run variable and the speed can't be detected, correct?

£3.82 ex vat
    (£4.58 inc vat)

10+ Year Old Account
    Those CM's push quite a bit of air. At max rpm's around 2000-2100 right now according to speed fan it's not too noticeable above the rest of the fans, obviously if you have a quieter setup or less fans you might notice it, but it's not a distracting amount of noise.
    Move air, yes. Aren't noticeable? Not so much. It sounds like an electric carving knife is in your computer case once you get to 2k RPM. And it has a certain whine to it that makes it definitely noticeable as well. Performance wise, it wasn't anywhere near what I expected so I ended up getting a better cooler.

If you're going for a 212+ like cooler, look into the NH-U12P SE2 from Noctua. It's basically a better version of the 212+ with an easier mounting system.

Deleted
    Someone allready answered so i will just edit this out (:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muya View Post
    Move air, yes. Aren't noticeable? Not so much. It sounds like an electric carving knife is in your computer case once you get to 2k RPM. And it has a certain whine to it that makes it definitely noticeable as well. Performance wise, it wasn't anywhere near what I expected so I ended up getting a better cooler.

If you're going for a 212+ like cooler, look into the NH-U12P SE2 from Noctua. It's basically a better version of the 212+ with an easier mounting system.
    I think you either have a bad 212+ or a really quiet case anyways. As shown in the pictures and my case I use, I have quite a few fans already going, turning the fan on all the way and to it's lowest setting I don't hear a big difference in noise from it.