15+ Year Old Account

GCD capped on alysrazor

So, i just finished wiping a bit on alysrazor (25m).
    I'm one of the lucky few who gets the fly around the entire fight.
    I noticed that after it didnt take very long for me to GCD my shadowbolt. My idea was, that due to this, at 25 stacks drainsoul would be a dps increase over shadowbolt (above 25% still).

This could be completely wrong, im just guessing since my shadowbolt was around half a second (or less) cast. Will do some math tomorrow, but if anyone feels like it, or has other ideas, go ahead.

That was pretty much the case on Sinestra, and I don't think it was beneficial to DS then.

15+ Year Old Account
    guess its spam clicking those bolts than.

random yet related comment: I noticed drainsoul's duration stays around 15 seconds (so more ticks in that time) yet drain life cast time gets reduced... any reason why this is?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    That was pretty much the case on Sinestra, and I don't think it was beneficial to DS then.
    Sinestra was only 100%. This shit goes up to 200%. I would say worth testing. Actually gonna bugger our RL next week letting me go up in the air. Thou ground is lovely too. Barely have time to cast any SBs as you spend all the time spamming DOTs on all those lovely long lasting adds/boss.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    Sinestra was only 100%. This shit goes up to 200%. I would say worth testing. Actually gonna bugger our RL next week letting me go up in the air. Thou ground is lovely too. Barely have time to cast any SBs as you spend all the time spamming DOTs on all those lovely long lasting adds/boss.
    actually its 4% per stack, and so far i´ve not managed to go beyond 25 stacks. (is it capped?) so i'm not sure where your 100% comes from.
    Also, our tanks/ground squad seem to be killing the big adds just fine so no need to dot them (unless we happen to fly down).

I'm guessing that these extreme haste values also mean agony over doom?

Deleted
    So for Demo no Soulfire, no point in Bane but two points in Improved Corruption ( better benefit form haste than BoD I think ), one in Doom and Gloom and Just press the SB button for Impending Doom with Glyph of Corruption ? Amirite ?

15+ Year Old Account
    hhm, didn't think of the insane empending doom procs, will try it out next time.
    Though affliction has the advantage of getting a full heal in a few seconds by spamming drainlife.

Drain soul isn't better than shadowbolt unless you have upwards of 400% haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking through my logs, my drain soul at 25 stacks was ticking ~ every .6 seconds. Since a tick of drain soul does more then half of the damage of shadowbolt its pretty close. I found it was a solid dps increase going from attempts were I spammed shadowbolt to attempts that I switched to drain soul. I know there are a lot of factors but on a 7minute attempt where I shadowbolt spammed and had about the same uptime of the alysras razor buff, I did 35k, on our kill that was 8:20 where I used primarly drain soul I did 55k

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Looking through my logs, my drain soul at 25 stacks was ticking ~ every .6 seconds. Since a tick of drain soul does more then half of the damage of shadowbolt its pretty close. I found it was a solid dps increase going from attempts were I spammed shadowbolt to attempts that I switched to drain soul. I know there are a lot of factors but on a 7minute attempt where I shadowbolt spammed and had about the same uptime of the alysras razor buff, I did 35k, on our kill that was 8:20 where I used primarly drain soul I did 55k
    i'm pretty sure that, if the difference is 20k dps, there is more happening than just swapping to drainsoul. I must say simply throwing one drainsoul while flying is a lot easier than trying to spam shadowbolts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    i'm pretty sure that, if the difference is 20k dps, there is more happening than just swapping to drainsoul. I must say simply throwing one drainsoul while flying is a lot easier than trying to spam shadowbolts.
    The difference is between using drain soul, and the fact the 2nd attempt actually hit execute phase, but you could tell the much higher DPS throughout the fight. And even not looking at the overall DPS, the peak dps where I hit 25 stacks on attempt one using shadowbolt, was a bit above 80k (before she falls and takes increased damage). And the peak DPS on where I hit 25 stacks using drain soul (before execute) was 100k.

There is a chance that I wasn't spamming shadow bolt as efficiently as possible, but both our affl locks saw saw the same 20k DPS increase (35k to 54k) with the same switch from shadowbolt to drain soul.

Quick easy comparison:

I wish I could post the logs so you could pour over it but ours are private for the time being, so you'll have to take what I say with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Zinnin; 2011-07-02 at 05:13 PM.