Can my PSU handle this build?

I just ordered some new parts for my computer(sandbridge i5 2500k, MSI P67 motherboard and 8gigz of ram)

my specs will be:
    CPU: intel i5 2500k (sandybridge)
    GPU: ATI Radeon 6850
    MBO: MSI P67
    Memory: 8gigz of ram

Question: will my 550w PSU be enough?

Thanks in advance

Which 550W PSU ? A good 550W PSU will handle it. In reality this configuration won't use more than 300W, but it's good to have a bit more. About 500W is perfect.

Deleted
    if its a quality psu you could even overclock the hell out of it and it would handle it

Last edited by aisatsana; 2011-06-30 at 10:39 PM.

It will handle it just fine. You can even add a second 6850.

alright, thanks alot, appreciate it! I just saw a post about psu calculator, and it should be fine.

cosair usually have an 80+ rating... which is great. for wow it should do the job fine, however you did not mention the speed of your ram or the ammount of disks that you use. im assuming you are using w7 64bit which uses superfetch. if you are using the fastest ddr3 ram with a few hard disks while having a lot of things start up when you boot windows it might come close to your psu peak during startup and doing ram intensive and hard disk intensive (mainly swap file if you didnt turn it off) tasks.

but unless you torture your pc like i do you should have no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmetal View Post
    cosair usually have an 80+ rating... which is great. for wow it should do the job fine, however you did not mention the speed of your ram or the ammount of disks that you use. im assuming you are using w7 64bit which uses superfetch. if you are using the fastest ddr3 ram with a few hard disks while having a lot of things start up when you boot windows it might come close to your psu peak during startup and doing ram intensive and hard disk intensive (mainly swap file if you didnt turn it off) tasks.

No, not really. He has 492W on the 12V rail. A 6850 uses about 120W.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmetal View Post

Hard Drives use around 10-15 watts tops and RAM is even less around 3-9 watts varying the clock speed/timings/voltage. At bootup my system pulls 250 watts or so from the wall with 5 Hard Drives and 4 Sticks of RAM. This is also with a more power hungry 6970 lol
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO