10+ Year Old Account

Beth'tilac P1 Raid Damage

Hey guys, we managed to down Shannox yesterday after 6 pulls, and I must say I love Firelands (maybe except the trash), but anyhows, we're working on Beth'tilac now and the raid damage in P1 seems to be a little taxing on the healers, so when we hit P2, the healers kinda run out of steam and we wipe because the heals can't keep up. Any suggestions on how we can reduce the incoming damage. We have our warrior chain taunting the dangling spiders with vigilance on the blood dk, but that doesnt seem to be helping much since the raid damage is insane.

Group Setup:

Blood DK (Tanking Beth above)
    Prot Warrior (Below)
    Marks Hunter, Arcane Mage, Shadow Priest, Destro Lock, Frost DK (DK goes above)
    Holy Pally, Holy Priest, Resto Shammy (Pally goes above)
    I like being asian :3

We did it with two healers and oneshotted it (and no we're not some amazing top guild in full 372 gear). The extra DPS might help you if you can manage the healing. Our setup was very similar to your, having the exact same DPS, adding a arms warrior, and with a paladin tank instead of the blood DK. We had the warriors and the DK go up together with a resto druid, with a disc priest solo healing down stairs. Healing was never an issue down stairs due to everything dying instantly.

Sounds more like a healer issue, ours had no issue. Maybe group up more for AoE heals.

The raid damage should be fairly low, but if taunts are an issue bring your holy pally down, and optionally your frost DK down too (You only have 1 taunt below when you could potentially have 3).

We kept our Prot Warrior below with Vigilance on our DK up top. With that, he always had his taunt up and kept bringing down Spinners as they spawned. The Spinners were cleaved down via tank damage and our 2 DPS on the bottom that were designated to kill Drones.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    We kept our Prot Warrior below with Vigilance on our DK up top. With that, he always had his taunt up and kept bringing down Spinners as they spawned. The Spinners were cleaved down via tank damage and our 2 DPS on the bottom that were designated to kill Drones.
    You may also not want to taunt down EVERY spinner. Leave 2 hanging on the web, when the top team announces they are jumping down then you Taunt the last 2 Spiders hanging and the top side Tank and top side Healer can just jump right back up there making the time she is pooping all over the raid very minimal.

Set a central stack point in the middle of the room to help with heals.

DPS on the bottom team should not need to move much - the tank kiting drone(s) should position himself so that the spiderlings have to run through DPS / frost/snake traps / RoF etc. to get to him.

Stacking like that + assigning one/two DPS to nuke spinners made the AOE dmg a lot more manageable.
    Ilam - <Gardian> | Wiping with Benefits - Frostmourne US - armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Our 10 man guild (average item level of players would be 359 or 360) had 1 tank 1 dps and 1 heals (pally) go up and the rest stayed down while i (r-druid) healed down the bottom. We actually had alot of trouble 3 healing it but went to 2 healing it and 2 shot it because the little spiders were dying faster and stuff so less raid damage down the bottom, not sure how well other classes would fair but it was perfectly reasonable as a resto druid.

Hi there.

Any idea why would our main tank is getting blown up by Beth while tanking her during P1 ?
    We're a pretty recent guild so we must have an ilvl of ~360, but good and dedicated players.
    We were me (rogue), our MT (warrior) and his healer (pally, full 359 + 378 legs from Shannox we killed earlier), and he was really having trouble healing him through the damages. Like for the first seconds while tank is on CD he manages to keep him topped, but as soon as they fall, he said even with Wings+Haste buffs he couldn't manage to keep our tank alive (and of course I was never healed and slowly die from Ember Flare, as he couldn't even waste a GCD on someonelse than our tank).

Any outcomes of warrior being absolute shit to tank Beth during P1 ?
    (Also we'll probably switch to Prot Pally top & War bottom with Vigilance on ProtPal, but still ... He is 360+ geared and taking damages like if he was naked...)

(Long time reader, first time poster <3)
    Last edited by Kortiah; 2011-07-01 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    Hi there.

Any idea why would our main tank is getting blown up by Beth while tanking her during P1 ?
    We're a pretty recent guild so we must have an ilvl of ~360, but good and dedicated players.
    We were me (rogue), our MT (warrior) and his healer (pally, full 359 + 378 legs from Shannox we killed earlier), and he was really having trouble healing him through the damages. Like for the first seconds while tank is on CD he manages to keep him topped, but as soon as they fall, he said even with Wings+Haste buffs he couldn't manage to keep our tank alive (and of course I was never healed and slowly die from Ember Flare, as he couldn't even waste a GCD on someonelse than our tank).

Any outcomes of warrior being absolute shit to tank Beth during P1 ?
    (Also we'll probably switch to Prot Pally top & War bottom with Vigilance on ProtPal, but still ... He is 360+ geared and taking damages like if he was naked...)

(Long time reader, first time poster <3)
    For an issue like that, you must post your Tanks Armory, and a WoL Parse. It may be the Warrior, it may be the Paladin. It may just be a perception when it happened one time and all the other attempts were better.

Deleted
    A few notes:

1) Rotate your tanks going above so they can have CDs up for each phase, that helped us a little bit.
    2) Consider having the DK stat down below, frost DK with chillblains makes spiderlings GG. Not the most ideal class to send up imo.
    3) Consider sending 2 DPS up above, it'll make phase 3 faster. If your DPS down below can handle it it's much better this way.
    4) Huge mana drain is the AoE she does when no one is tanking her. Make sure you get a tank up ASAP and also stack up and use CDs to mitigate the dmg while it's going.

I would do DK/Hunt on Spiderlings, Mage on Spinners and they all help on Drones when possible. Lock/Priest up above.

PS: We don't taunt spinners unless people need them to get up.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-07-01 at 01:25 PM.

Sorry if this has been said already, but here's how we killed her:

First: Raid comp was this.

The Feral Tank, Holy Paladin and Enchancement Shaman went up top.

The Prot Paladin (me!), Holy Priest, Resto Druid, Fury Warrior, Mage, Warlock and Hunter stayed bottom.

The Warrior and I were on Drones the entire time, the Mage was on Spinners (hanging from the web so they only spit poison, if you knock them down they melee AND spit poison) and then the Drone if there were none up. The Warlock and the Hunter were on the Spiderlings first, Spinners second and the Drones last. Make sure the tank who is on the Drones keeps them pointed AWAY from the raid, as that frontal cone move does a lot of raid damage, also make sure that they are kiting the Drones if Spiderlings get close (you do not want them eating a Spiderling). If the DPS is having trouble killing the Drones, have your melee DPS who is going up on top help kill them while they're on the ground. Make sure all Lings are dead by the time Phase 2 starts, and finish off any Drones that happen to be alive before engaging Beth'tilac.

This is the strat we used, and we killed her after 10 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by 0wn3d View Post
    The raid damage should be fairly low, but if taunts are an issue bring your holy pally down, and optionally your frost DK down too (You only have 1 taunt below when you could potentially have 3).
    Note distracting shot is a taunt so the hunter can bring them down too.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrkur View Post
    For an issue like that, you must post your Tanks Armory, and a WoL Parse. It may be the Warrior, it may be the Paladin. It may just be a perception when it happened one time and all the other attempts were better.
    I don't have any WoL Parse yet, don't know if our RL forgot to turned it on or didn't upload yet
    Here's the armory link : EDIT : Can't post any links while new to this forum Search for "Boulys", BE War, EU Arak-arahm if you please <3
    We only did 2-3 pulls as it was already late and we were just extending our raid to see what it looked like, but all attempts went the way of Warrior-Raping.
    He blew his Shield Wall as soon as he reached top, while waiting for our healer to go up. The best attemp we managed to have is about 15sec after the first Devastation, where he was taking too much damage to survive due to the lack of defensive CDs...

Do Spinners hit the MT while alive ? Because I'm not sure they were top priority for our bottom-DPS and it's possible they were some left alive few seconds (not saying that was the case, but IF it was ?)

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 08:25 PM ----------

Bump ? Too many Beth'tilac thread on "lol P1 damage"
    Last edited by Kortiah; 2011-07-01 at 06:24 PM.