Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adwarfdk View Post
    I giggle when I see people saying they should get banned or get the kill taken away. If it was unfair they wouldn't of been able to get. Maybe people should play the game smarter like they did and deal with it.
    Doesn't make sense.Ensidia were able to get the engineering bombs and use them on the lich king, they still got banned for it. Not everything that is available is fair.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterdecay View Post
    Doesn't make sense.Ensidia were able to get the engineering bombs and use them on the lich king, they still got banned for it. Not everything that is available is fair.

Blizzard should of thought of that before allowing it? :O

Deleted
    I am amazed at some people here that justify this kind of behaviour. It is a blatant and planned abuse of game mechanics if anything. They faction changed just so they could get the raid ID wiped. they kept their achievment for killing it in the horde and go alliance or vica versa and thats abuse of game mechanics. I remember a time when Blizzard would bam ppl for finding ways to get past the language code and send messages between factions.

It's in the design of the game, did not require any exploit, ergo it is legit. Grats to them on their undoubted first kills which I still won't give a toss about.

Why would Blizzard do anything about this when the entire guild paid them extra money on what they are already paying? I don't see why Blizzard wouldn't reward this type of behavior, as it nets them more income.

Quote Originally Posted by Adwarfdk View Post
    I giggle when I see people saying they should get banned or get the kill taken away. If it was unfair they wouldn't of been able to get. Maybe people should play the game smarter like they did and deal with it.
    So people now need to pay 25xPrice of faction change to be eligible to compete for world first? god your stupid.

I can't believe how many people say this doesn't count, that they cheated by exploiting the system. They took the time to clear to unlock heroic, paid for the xfer, and achieved the kill. You could argue the faction change gave them a competitive edge as far as time is concerned, but they still did the heroic kill on their own merits, and should get credit for it.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    So people now need to pay 25xPrice of faction change to be eligible to compete for world first? god your stupid.
    If YOU'RE going to call someone's opinion stupid, perhaps a grammar check would do you good?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    If they want world firsts then why not? I don't think anything was stopping them in the past.

Deleted
    Ban the cheaters!

Deleted
    Not your money, why problem?

OMG people are whining because some other people paid real money to change factions in a game, and then saying this doesn't count as a 1st kill?

WOW.

Yes it's a first kill. Obviously. Please use your brain. They killed it before anyone else, ie "first kill".
    I don't want to get into trouble for flaming, so I'll just say - stop being what you're being, and get a life. There are other things to get worked up about.

It's up to Blizzard to rule on something like this, but since they didn't have rules in place that discourage or forbid this, I say, what the hell is the problem?
    It's not even a exploit of game mechanics. It's a paid service that Blizzard set up, and set it up to reset your raid ID. Blizzard's fault all the way if they think this is a problem.

Gratz on your 1st kill of heroic Shannox, Stars.

Christ, people are annoying with their whining.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jockenponken View Post
    I am amazed at some people here that justify this kind of behaviour. It is a blatant and planned abuse of game mechanics if anything. They faction changed just so they could get the raid ID wiped. they kept their achievment for killing it in the horde and go alliance or vica versa and thats abuse of game mechanics. I remember a time when Blizzard would bam ppl for finding ways to get past the language code and send messages between factions.
    I think you need to look up the definition of game mechanics.

This is a paid service. And Blizzard is the one who coded it to reset raid IDs.

Honestly, go read about some world news if you want to get all worked up about something. At least that stuff is real and important.

you mad bro? only people should be mad are those top guilds who has the ability to compete world first kills...99% posters in this thread is not in top guilds...It has done many times by top US guild back in WoTLK, quit whining . its not against any rules.. if you dont believe me, before you start crying maybe read the original post by Boubouillie"that kind of thing happened in the past and it's not really surprising to see it used again to grab first kills. "this forum need more tears and trolls.is this right thing to do ? probly not but is it against any rules ? cheat? ...no, definitely not .

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    on one hand, not being allowed to compete on equal footing is not great, but on the otherhand doing something questionable like this isn't going to earn them any favours. My Solution, an addon, or Blizzard UI that starts a stopwatch on the raidID when the first trash mob is killed, the stopwatch continues until the raid is cleared, or the raidID is reset and offers a report of how long (in real time, not in game time) it took to down each boss. That way it wouldn't matter when each region got the patch, because you could just compare the real world times. Go forth and make it happen

oh teh nerdrage... look, faction changing to get to the hardmodes: not really sportsmanlike.
    kill a hardmode boss which most of the people have not killed on normal, on the same day (perhaps one day later? dont care) as you start trying it: skill and an accomplishment.
    facts are: as far as we know they did not exploit any boss mechanics, they downed him fair. as to whether it is a world first, no doubt, did anyone kill him before them? nope. nevertheless, it is not a world forst in that sense, that they won the race against all other raiding guilds. still, this "race" is never really absolutely fair to start with, as US resets before EU etc. and now everyone: get outside and do something purposeful ^^ so many mad bros on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Alterraia View Post
    Doesn't count, they exploited a feature of the game, i.e. cheated, so this is a waste of a post. Don't track crap. I just killed a worg using Thunderfury, wearing a pink dress, and used the rainbow generator trinket while I /kissed my mojo frog. And I had 4 dwarven women doing a sword dance around me, after using the archy item. All of this at once. I'm pretty sure that's world first. That's just as noteworthy as this kill.
    i claim world second

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dascylus View Post
    It falls under "obtaining a competitive advantage over other players" in the EULA. Or in other words, exploiting, which can oftentimes result in permanent account suspension based on the severity of the exploit taking place. The fact that these actions were premeditated won't help their case with Blizzard's customer support staff. You can say you were testing the encounters as much as you want, but the straight facts is you did something with the full intent on gaining a competitive advantage over other players and maximum punishment should be expected.
    Tbh, other guilds could've done the same thing so I dont agree that is is an exploit.. Who cares anyway, we dont get free cookies if they get a world first or not :<

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Gotta love these people writing essay posts about people getting a life and finding something real to whine about.

To be honest, I can't believe the stupidity in this thread. Top guilds that get inside information, test for countless hours on the ptr, and use whatever exploits they can, they don't bother you, but if a guild does something within the rules but isn't commonplace, it's like they murdered children. How could this possibly be an "exploit." Who the fuck cares? They did not exploit the fight, and they all transferred faction. That's it. If transferring faction resets your raid ID, it obviously isn't their fucking fault. What if they all wanted to change faction? Obviously they did this to get a world first, but it doesn't change the fact that faction change exists. If they did this in 2 weeks, no one would care. How pathetic and hypocritical is that? Just because it got them a "world first" it suddenly becomes a crime that all you fucking nerds rage about? Some of you are so pathetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alterraia View Post
    Doesn't count, they exploited a feature of the game, i.e. cheated, so this is a waste of a post. Don't track crap. I just killed a worg using Thunderfury, wearing a pink dress, and used the rainbow generator trinket while I /kissed my mojo frog. And I had 4 dwarven women doing a sword dance around me, after using the archy item. All of this at once. I'm pretty sure that's world first. That's just as noteworthy as this kill.
    I love what you did epic

Its clever. Fact is top guilds sit on PTR or in some cases are testing before it even reaches PTR so how is that fair? Yet no one complains about that. This is way better then that garbage. Congrats Star for clever usage of Blizzard's main way to bleed more money from players.