Thread: 4.2 dk pvp

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosties View Post
    Oh wait i see your lack of wit, gotcha... add something helpful if you care to post, otherwise keep your lack of gracious comments to yourself champ, thanks...

---------- Post added 2011-07-03 at 12:19 AM ----------

So because you can heal your ghoul with your death coil that makes it more viable eh? icic...
    Please tell me where I mentioned ANYWHERE in my post about healing my pet? Please gain a rating higher than 1500 before quoting me and then posting something irrelevant about my post.

Reroll something else while the noobs who played Frost DK TSGs to Glad QQ on the forum for you.

DKs are pretty much guaranteed a mid-season buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    Okay, I'll add something helpful.

Read what he said again. Better yet, try and explain why Frost DK has better survivability than Unholy right now. Oh, you can't. Nice.

Frost:
    I still take 25% damage even with my AMS up.
    I gain no RP from it.
    My Death Coil costs more Runic Power.
    I don't have Death's Advance, which can save me.
    Oh, if I need an on-demand Pet Sac, well.. SoL.
    I don't have Anti-Magic Zone, either.
    Oh, I could use my Hungering Cold defensively just like Pet Stun and potentially save my life.. but instead I get interrupted.
    Well, sometimes I can get a CoI root off and maybe live.. I'll most likely die anyways though.

Frost/Unholy:
    IBF: 20% Damage Reduction.
    Death Strike: Shitty 7% compared to the 15% of what we had.
    Both have Pet Sac but as I said, one is on-demand and the other isn't.

Unholy:
    Oh, my Death Coils are cheaper.
    I gain Runic Power which fuels my Death Coils through Lichborne.
    I don't take any damage when I pop AMS from casters, at all.
    On-Demand Pet Sac.
    Anti-Magic Zone.
    Ghoul Stun which is instant.
    Ghoul Leap, if transformed, can interrupt in which CAN save you.
    I can't be slowed less than 75% of my normal movement speed if my UH runes are depleted, that means while you're being slowed 50% just by my Desecration I'll still be moving 25% faster, thus I can get away and live.
    Glyph of Death Coil aka 15% more healing from Death Coil.

You forgot about the fact that frost has an almost passive 6% damage reduction
    Also, a shorter cooldown on it's strangulate which can also be considered a defensive CD.
    So how well do you think that improved AMS and AMZ are going to protect you when you're getting trained by a warrior/hunter/rogue?
    I'd rather take the 6% damage reduction and L2LOS and/or L2JUKE interrupts.

Fact of the matter is, Frost is not nearly as dead as everyone wants to claim it is.
    The damage is still good, you just can own people in duels anymore (with LOLDEATHSTIKE.)
    With a decent healer the pressure should still be amazing.

(Other notes: How much damage do you think you'll be putting out when you don't have a ghoul up cause you sac'd it and the summon ghoul is on CD?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SethAJS View Post
    Hey I am looking for a good DK pvp build for 4.2, if anybody knows any it would be really helpful to me. Also if someone could give me rotations/macros with the build that would be cool!
    Thanks
    SethAJS
    delete your DK and play a real class instead, there is enough syndromes playing that mongo infected class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taniziation View Post
    delete your DK and play a real class instead, there is enough syndromes playing that mongo infected class.
    Good response to the state of DK pvp, really informative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundayz View Post
    Good response to the state of DK pvp, really informative.
    thx just look at this ss of a dk
    tinyurl.com/3bf43

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taniziation View Post
    I smell frost mage.

Also, a shorter cooldown on it's strangulate which can also be considered a defensive CD.
    So how well do you think that improved AMS and AMZ are going to protect you when you're getting trained by a warrior/hunter/rogue?

Fact of the matter is, Frost is not nearly as dead as everyone wants to claim it is.
    The damage is still good, you just can own people in duels anymore (with LOLDEATHSTIKE.)

(Other notes: How much damage do you think you'll be putting out when you don't have a ghoul up cause you sac'd it and the summon ghoul is on CD?)
    2 min ghoul Cd
    You spec'd strang and not desecrate? lol k that's why you haven't broken 2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakell View Post
    2 min ghoul CdYou spec'd strang and not desecrate? lol k that's why you haven't broken 2k
    So in response to points I gave, you follow up with a mind numbingly dull pun about my spec choice and arena rating or in your opinion lack-there-of. GG, bro. Come back when you have something more useful to add to the thread.

By the way, your spec should change depending on your comp. PvP is not cookie cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakell View Post
    Please tell me where I mentioned ANYWHERE in my post about healing my pet? Please gain a rating higher than 1500 before quoting me and then posting something irrelevant about my post.
    Still here? thought you were doing the 15% more ghoul heal as a defensive cd? k

very simple dont pvp with dk in 4.2 ^^
    but if you have to go unholy
    interruptable HC is really stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Drakell/simple
    No on a pale horse? Tisk tisk

And you ended the season at 1761.

=\

Quote Originally Posted by Kynn View Post
    Reroll something else while the noobs who played Frost DK TSGs to Glad QQ on the forum for you.

DKs are pretty much guaranteed a mid-season buff.
    they had their buff...unholy is strong.

---------- Post added 2011-07-03 at 10:34 PM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Drakell/simple
    No on a pale horse? Tisk tisk

And you ended the season at 1761.

=\
    How did a frost DK not break 2.2k...like wow.

rofl your saying Unholy has better survieability than frost? lolol wow...
    as someone who doesnt play a dk im inclined to trust the person who comes out and states hard evidence and backs up his 'theories' with evidence from talent trees etc. compared to you. who goes 'lolol'. seriously that is plain stupid.

So because you don't know how to play Unholy Frost is better? Nice to know.

First off, you don't need to sacrifice your Ghoul anyways. You can sacrifice your Gargoyle, as-well.

Second off, you get into the Arena as fast as you possibly can and the first thing you do is summon your pet. Why? Because then it will get off of CD sooner and most likely by the time you use Pet sac it will be up. That means, you use it right after pet sac and guess what.. pet sac comes back up again, right? Well so did your Raise Dead.

Third, most people went with Desecration spec last patch that were playing at high ratings, but you wouldn't know that would you? Meaning they didn't get 6% damage reduc most of the time unless they wanted to sacrifice damage, as-well. Unholy can do the same thing ATM.

It's not completely dead, but it's getting kicked in the balls for now. Don't believe me? Well wait until the season starts and look at most of the top DKs. Frost was even in a better place before they made permanent Death Runes than they are now.

If you want to play the worse spec atm (which is still viable to an extent, don't worry you can make it just as high.. or as low, as you did last season!), then go ahead and be my guest, I couldn't care how high you make it.
    Last edited by xBreak; 2011-07-03 at 10:24 PM.

Deleted
    death coil that makes it more viable eh? icic...
    Sorry, but this also proves that you know very little about DKs. Having a stronger Death Coil improves your survivability because it'll do more Healing, which you noticed. However, you didn't notice that Lichborne (2nd tier in the Frost tree) makes YOU Undead. This allows you to heal yourself with Death Coil. Using Lichborne/Death Coil to heal yourself is one of the basic tricks a DK has for survivability.

Still here? thought you were doing the 15% more ghoul heal as a defensive cd? k
    and you must be the idiot who doesn't understand that you can heal yourself with death coil. With unholy it's 15% more healing. Can't believe you are such a noob that you wouldn't know you can heal yourself with DC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    So because you don't know how to play Unholy Frost is better? Nice to know.

First off, you don't need to sacrifice your Ghoul anyways. You can sacrifice your Gargoyle, as-well.

Second off, you get into the Arena as fast as you possibly can and the first thing you do is summon your pet. Why? Because then it will get off of CD sooner and most likely by the time you use Pet sac it will be up. That means, you use it right after pet sac and guess what.. pet sac comes back up again, right? Well so did your Raise Dead.

Third, most people went with Desecration spec last patch that were playing at high ratings, but you wouldn't know that would you? Meaning they didn't get 6% damage reduc most of the time unless they wanted to sacrifice damage, as-well. Unholy can do the same thing ATM.

It's not completely dead, but it's getting kicked in the balls for now. Don't believe me? Well wait until the season starts and look at most of the top DKs. Frost was in a better place before they made permanent Death Runes than they are now. Fact.

If you want to play the worse spec atm, then go ahead and be my guest, I couldn't care how high you make it.
    First off, where did I say I didn't know how to play unholy? I playaed it until the frost bufftacular known as 4.1

Second, Unholy is being completely blown out of proportion with the buff it recieved.

Yes, the survivability against casters is unparalleled. But, Frost will do better against melee cleaves.

Third, I also never said I played the strangulate spec during season 9.
    My spec was made after the nerf to Dark Succor and I find the damage mitigation to be more beneficial.

Everything I've said is theorycrafting for season 10 (for people with the intentions of still playing frost.)

frost is dead compared to unholy. Anyone saying zomg frost will still be king!111!1 is either a rbg hero or is some 2200 hero

I never said you said it. I'm telling you that you don't know how to play Unholy and yes I already knew you were a reroller from the second I saw your post.

If you even try to argue that you know how to play Unholy, I'll just ask you why you even said "(Other notes: How much damage do you think you'll be putting out when you don't have a ghoul up cause you sac'd it and the summon ghoul is on CD?)" ...

And if you read what I said.. I said all top players were Desecration spec last season meaning most didn't go HoD spec aka they didn't have 6% damage reduc anyways. Yes you can go HoD spec but again, Desecration spec was better last season (and you didn't go it) and now this season Unholy will be better, but you won't go it. I'm just trying to help you break 2k.

You get more healing as Unholy, you have Death's Advance which btw being able to take no damage from Melee because you can simply dead zone them or out-run them > taking 6% less (and hell, as I said, you can spec BB), and an on-demand pet sac (either your gargoyle, or actual pet), and BTW in case you didn't know.. a lot of Melee do have abilities that count as magic and will get your RP up. (e.g. Rogue's poisons, Ret Paladins in general, DKs, Enh shammy and the only two that I can think of that really don't is Feral & Warrior.)

And PS: I never said Frost was dead. I just said that Unholy > Frost right now for Arenas. Frost is still viable, I'll agree to that, but Unholy is better right now. (I'm not posting again because I don't need to keep explaining it over and over again)
    Last edited by xBreak; 2011-07-03 at 10:54 PM.