Question about Expertise - Ret

So with my current, very poorly itemized gear, I have a lot of Expertise I don't need (assuming Glyph of SoT).

Reforging away from all of my Expertise still leaves me at 30.

So my question is this: If I leave a few items without reforging away from Expertise, I can easily cap my 26 WITHOUT using Glyph of SoT. Should I swap out Glyph of SoT for now and leave my items with Expertise unreforged (This gives a perfect 26).

Or should I keep Glyph of SoT and reforge away from all that Expertise, leaving me at 30.

If the answer if drop the Glyph of SoT, which glyph should I pick up? Glyph of CS? (Already using Exo and TV Prime).

Danke!

Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post
    So with my current, very poorly itemized gear, I have a lot of Expertise I don't need (assuming Glyph of SoT).

Reforging away from all of my Expertise still leaves me at 30.

So my question is this: If I leave a few items without reforging away from Expertise, I can easily cap my 26 WITHOUT using Glyph of SoT. Should I swap out Glyph of SoT for now and leave my items with Expertise unreforged (This gives a perfect 26).

Or should I keep Glyph of SoT and reforge away from all that Expertise, leaving me at 30.

If the answer if drop the Glyph of SoT, which glyph should I pick up? Glyph of CS? (Already using Exo and TV Prime).

Danke!
    Ideally you always want to use the 10 expertise from the SoT glyph. If you can make use of a decent portion the rating it gives it is by far the best glyph in its category.

If you're at 20 expertise without the SoT glyph and 30 glyphed, it should still be the best glyph for you.

The Glyph of SoT is the best glyph in game, imo. It gives you 10 pure Expertise, that's about 350 in expertise. So, if you're with the best gear that you could get and, reforging it, you still get above the expertise soft cap, that's not a problem.
    It'll make bosses parry even less you.

Quote Originally Posted by hajime View Post
    The Glyph of SoT is the best glyph in game, imo. It gives you 10 pure Expertise, that's about 350 in expertise. So, if you're with the best gear that you could get and, reforging it, you still get above the expertise soft cap, that's not a problem.
    It'll make bosses parry even less you.
    this. firelands has many parry fights -_-
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    I swapped out SoT glyph for the first time ever today, after I hitted 26 expertise with just one piece where exp isn't reforged off.

I'm pretty sure glyph of cs is better with this setup, but if I could choose I'd rather get rid of some exp and put it back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you have at most 22 expertise without the glyph, the glyph is still a dps increase (i.e the glyph gives you at least 4 of your needed expertise). If you have 22+ expertise without the glyph, you should use Glyph of CS instead.