Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Looting Eternal Ember for Legendary by mistake

Yesterday, when we had killed the first boss in Firelands and 3 Eternal Embers dropped, we had Master Looter, but with Epic loot threshold so when our master looter who is a feral druid opened the loot from the boss he looted the embers when they where ment for me.
    Can you please fix this?
    As soon as our masterlooter realised he couldn't trade the Eternal Embers to me, he made a ticket.
    This is the response I just got to my ticket.
    Greetings,

As the Eternal Ember can only be looted, or given to a person on the quest “All-Seeing Eye”, and is not intended to be traded between players, we are unable to assist with transferring this item to other players. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

Regards,

Game Master Team
    Blizzard Entertainment Europe
    Our masterlooter got the same response.
    I think this is stupid and unneccessary, I don't understand why they have to do this.. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Noui; 2011-07-01 at 08:33 AM.

Wow that is rather stupid, I agree. We had the same problem with someone getting an ember they shouldn't have.

I see no reason for this and no rationale behind it. Surely Blizzard should recognize that it was a mistake and transfer the loot. They've always been reasonable about it in the past.

Yeah, thanks for agreeing with me. I really hope they will

Deleted
    What 'colour' is Eternal Ember?

I mean, green, blue, epic..?

Does this mean ML has to have the threshold set to lowest?

So get this, we had a similar experience with a GM. I'm not quite sure how it ended, as I logged off before it was all resolved (Or not.)

Yesterday we obtained a total of 2 embers. They got looted to the right person, our shadow priest, and we moved on.
    Between yesterday and today's raid our Shadow Priest decided to race change, causing him to lose all his quests. When we got our third one to drop we realized he wasn't eligible to receive the new ember, but still had the old two in his bag from before. The loot master, a feral druid, went ahead and took it himself and opened a ticket right away while we moved on in the raid. About an hour later a GM responded and told him something along these lines:

"I'm sorry but we can't give the ember to Fermented(Our shadow priest) because he wasn't eligible to receive the ember when it dropped. Because there's so much competition for the legendary staff we cannot trade ember's between players."

We then made clear he had already looted 2 and was only not eligible for this one because of the faction change. He went on to say something along the lines of:

"Well the issue it that we can't give him the ember that dropped today because you(Our druid) already looted it. If you left it on the boss, then we could help you because we just cannot trade the ember's between players."

Now overall I think it's silly. He can't give him the ember from our druid, but could of given it to him if it was still on the boss? I know from experience GM's have the power to generate any item and also take any item from any player. He could delete our druids and mail the new one to our shadow priest. They just seem to be very picky about the Ember's right now and how they're distributed. I've had GM's trade items between players because of accidental looting before, but in this case they can't because of the "competitive nature" of the legendary staff and it's embers. Seems like a silly policy to me.

I'll update this when I find out how it all ended up next time I speak to the other officer who was handling it.
    Last edited by Bulwarked; 2011-07-01 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zackkaufen View Post
    What 'colour' is Eternal Ember?

I mean, green, blue, epic..?

Does this mean ML has to have the threshold set to lowest?
    A blue I'm pretty sure. It was like a whole 5 hours ago, hard to remember (lmao). And it just means the ML should turn his auto-loot off, lol. And set the loot threshhold to blue, yes.

Eternal Embers are rare (blue), our threshold should have been rare, but it was set to epic.

Deleted
    As there was a MasterLooter,Blizzard will not be willing to interfere.
    Sorry, but you will have to try another time.

What's stupid is that Blues ARE dropping in raids as we had a blue shield drop in there and as all greens and blues are supposed to automatically go for our guild bank for mats for guild enchants, it's just been set that way.

Blizz just mucked up ESPECIALLY with the late change between living embers and eternal embers, it's not like folks who spent time on the ptr would have been able to really been clued in.

Heck, even as of patch day, I hadn't seen it published where the Eternal Embers actually came from for sure, not even from Blues.

As someone who's waiting on a couple of Embers, I sure hope they fix it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    What's stupid is that Blues ARE dropping in raids as we had a blue shield drop in there and as all greens and blues are supposed to automatically go for our guild bank for mats for guild enchants, it's just been set that way.

Blizz just mucked up ESPECIALLY with the late change between living embers and eternal embers, it's not like folks who spent time on the ptr would have been able to really been clued in.

Heck, even as of patch day, I hadn't seen it published where the Eternal Embers actually came from for sure, not even from Blues.

As someone who's waiting on a couple of Embers, I sure hope they fix it...
    A similar thing happened to you? :/ that sucks

Something similar happened last night in our raid. If Blizz doesn't want us trading them, make them BoP but tradeable for two hours like EVERYTHING else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzicans View Post
    Something similar happened last night in our raid. If Blizz doesn't want us trading them, make them BoP but tradeable for two hours like EVERYTHING else.
    I agree with this, but also agree it should be fairly simple for ML to give them to the right person.

Deleted
    Exactly. Quite stupid of Blizzard to not want to intervene there...

Just pretend it's ICC, you enter, put on Masterlooter AND treshold Rare (blue), so this doesn't happen again.

Make another ticket, maybe you a get a more friendly GM.

Deleted
    Your feral druid raid leader was on the all seeing eye quest?

Deleted
    We had the same problem, and EXACTLY the same reply ;/ They don't wanna help you with it and don't wanna fix it appareantly.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    As there was a MasterLooter,Blizzard will not be willing to interfere.
    Sorry, but you will have to try another time.
    You do realise, it wasn't master looted right? It got auto looted to whoever clicked the boss first after it died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Answer this please.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    You know, I got a level 80 prot paladin (holy dual spec) and it has always been on the shadowmourne quests.
    If there's a (!) you run over and accept the quest. Just because having a stray (!) somewhere is just annoying.

The thing with your petition is that the wording is a bit off. Should have clearly explained that there was a mistake with the looting threshold and the loot was accidentally auto-looted.
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2011-07-01 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Answer this please.
    Does it matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nagina View Post
    Does it matter?
    Ofcourse it does