Poll: Do you stutter?

Thread: Do you stutter?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I wouldn't call it stuttering. Since I tend to be more social online, when I talk IRL I try to use bigger words than I'm used to and can't find the right word immediately, so I just pause for a few seconds, then use a smaller word

Since you can think before you hit enter online, I can generally word everything I say better. I guess I got so accustomed to doing that, and it doesn't work IRL.

If I get REALLY into talking about something, or telling a story, I never have that problem.

If that made any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I actually cant pronounce my r's... i say w instead. It's terrible when you get that look... Atleast i got harrased during the years of 8 - 14 and just dealt with it... but christ almighty i remember how people were little shits in taking the piss haha
    If you speak a language that has R's that are clear and sharp then start replacing the R with "DT" as it makes the proper tongue action on that. Say a word like "port" and pronounce it "podtt" a lot and I mean a lot aloud and you'll learn the proper way of saying R. Trust me it works.

If you speak english then the R isnt as clear as it is in some other language and I cant really help with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    If you speak a language that has R's that are clear and sharp then start replacing the R with "DT" as it makes the proper tongue action on that. Say a word like "port" and pronounce it "podtt" a lot and I mean a lot aloud and you'll learn the proper way of saying R. Trust me it works.

If you speak english then the R isnt as clear as it is in some other language and I cant really help with that.
    Im english, and i have a shit voice for it too. It's almost like i do it on purpose people think

When I transition a point to another point I sometimes get caught on it and stutter.

However, public speaking I'm actually fine. I'm actually a much better and commanding speaker standing in front of a room of people than not, I make better points and ad lib extremely well... and I never stutter.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do mainly if I'm talking to someone new (I've got moderate-to-severe social anxiety) or if I'm geeking out with a friend over a mutual interest and my brain's going faster than my mouth. This also happens sometimes when I type, though luckily I catch most typos before I hit 'send.'
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Oh wow, 2 years old thread revived? :|

Deleted
    Yes. When someone doesn't get what I'm trying to say, I end up stuttering, mixing words and usually saying things that do not make any sense. It's annoying because it confuses that person even more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    if i speak englisch (my 2nd language).... Yea happens from time to time when my mouth wants to be faster than my brain
    In German... rarely, most likely in extreme situations
    This happens a lot to me. Not so much in my mother tongue or while speaking English, but very often in German.

Either when I'm really nervous or when I talk too fast. It can really be embarrassing at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't stutter so much as get ahead of myself and say a word that's further along in the sentence in my head than it is in my mouth.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Nope but when Im nervous I have a horrible habit of saying really stupid random things and then when someone gets confused, I try to explain and say even stupider and embarrassing things when I shouldnt have said anything in the first place:P

I've had a stammer ever since i was 4 years old, dont know how it came about, dont know how it will go away. One thing ive noticed about it, it happens most when im trying to form sh, st, sk, sounds. Another thing ive noticed is my mouth/tongue does not form the sound correctly, and i get stuck on the sound. Also a common thing is a run out of breath. So i try to breath often and try to correctly form the sound. I've been very analytical about it my whole life, but its hard to break old habits :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I stutter when I am nervous or feeling awkward and I really hate the that because I feel as if everyone around me is making fun of me for stuttering. >.>