Gaming Laptop Concerns

Hey,

I recently purchased a new gaming laptop since I travel frequently and I am not entirely sure if it is running as well as it should be. Have been able to fly around fine on ultra with 60 fps, however, in a 25-man raid setting during a boss fight, my fps drops severely, sometimes hitting 10 fps. Pertinent specs can be found below:

Processor - Intel® Core™ i7-740QM, 1.73-2.93GHz, (45nm, 6MB L3 cache) - Standard
    Graphics Video Card nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1,536MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11-
    Ram 8,192MB (8GB) DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (2x4GB)
    Primary Hard Drive - 750GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache Buffer (Serial-ATA II 3GB/s)-

I have updated my graphics card and have fiddled around with the settings, but nothing I do seems to be improving my fps by much. If someone could help me figure out what settings I should comfortably be able to run wow during boss fights, or give tips to improve the performance of my computer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you maybe post the settings you are using in-game (Simple screenshots of the settings window will do)?

Otherwise, this seems perfectly normal... Flying around not particularly looking at anything other than predefined scenery isn't going to tax your system that much, however if you add in having to dynamicly render characters, spells and audio your going to see a big drop in fps as you get the large increase in data needing to be processed.

10+ Year Old Account
    A mobile GPU/CPU won't be able to run at Ultra. Turn down shadows and multisampling...

Definitely post your in-game settings. If anti-aliasing is turned up, it could greatly decrease your FPS.

I have a pretty beefy computer that I built 5 months ago with mostly top of the line parts and when I run in maximum settings, I still only get about 30-40 fps in 25 mans. If I'm out in a field somewhere, I get around 120 fps. In cities mostly 60-100.

Thank you all for your replies thus far.

Here's a link to the settings I have on currently: i.imgur[dot]com/bRzvc.jpg

Also, would it be worthwhile to invest in a new video card? Or would other parts need to be upgraded for wow to run on full ultra?

Thanks again.