To the Looter goes the spoils

I am wondering what mobs this drops off of in AV. Would love it if i could just farm something like harpies, can I?

Mobs and players. Just start looting.

I need specifics on which mobs. I can farm thousands of some mobs quicker then i could farm 200 of others.

I think all of them have a chance to drop it. Can't remember if the mobs in the mines drop loot though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't wowhead have this kind of information? Either way, I got mine on a player, better safe than sorry imo. :P

Deleted
    Got mine (on my alt :s) from a player

Yeah, I got mine off a player too. Personally I'd say that's where your luck will be. Just try to be inconspicous (sp?) in a huge battle and loot people.

Don't think mobs drop it. Just keep looting dead people, pray that you get into an AV where people are actually fighting instead of rushing drek. Which, never happens anymore sadly.

According to WoWhead, only 2 mobs are listed as dropping it, but they have an obscenely low droprate (like .3% or less), which probably indicates a false positive, or that the item no longer dropps off of any mobs at all.

Most likely the most reliable way to get it would be to be quick looting the corpses of the opposite faction.

15+ Year Old Account
    It drops only off the named mobs and players with very small chance.

Just start looting the players whenever you see the corpse nearby.

On a side note, the tower achievement is quite easy to get as an alliance boomkin. horde like to stand on the outside of a tower, one little spell and they go flying off. Very nice to allow me to cap like that. So far the record is 4 times on someone falling for that same stunt. Luckily i got perfection ages ago back when you could still gave larger premades without going against a premade always.

Deleted
    Got it on every alt from looting players, wasn't really hard to get.

Got it from players, few npcs seem to drop stuff anymore.