10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Let's share the wealth!

I've been wracking my brain out looking for some new progressive metal bands to listen to, so i want to hear what the MMO-champ community has to suggest. I'm open to any kind of metal and/or rock, just list some bands you'd recommend and we'll share the wealth among us metalheads and hopefully enlighten some people with some good tunes =). I apologize if this has already been done, i've never actually done this myself before O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    I was never a big fan of metal, my teenage years listening habits consisted mainly of the "Seattle sound", Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden etc, then i sort of evolved into an electro phase, when electro really went main stream, late 90's early 2000's, lots of house, liquid D&B.

But in terms of music the best thing that ever happened to me, was discovering Opeth, oh man what an amazing band, i used to disregard anything involving screaming, but Opeth really put metal into perspective for me, and opened up the door to other metal bands like Mastodon, Katatonia, Porcupine Tree, Tool. Im still not a really harcore metal fan but i really appreciate some of the genre variations, and i dare to say the current Metal scene has some of the most talented and skilled musicians of all time.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a huge fan of opeth, mastodon and tool, the other two I have only heard a few songs from, but I'll give them a shot. Thanks =)

Edit: look at my location lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojo View Post
    I'm a huge fan of opeth, mastodon and tool, the other two I have only heard a few songs from, but I'll give them a shot. Thanks =)

Edit: look at my location lol
    Get "The Great Cold Distance" from Katatonia, masterpiece dare i say :P

Oh and btw they are touring the States with Opeth this summer.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give it a listen =). Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.