Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rboa View Post
    blizz gives paragon stuff for world's firsts (check out the arch sword)
    I take it that you are referring to Glorenzelg. In this case I would advise you to grab a dictionary and look up the meaning of paragon. The guild chose that name because they found it fitting and virtuous, Blizzard used this word in the flavour text because of its meaning.

I'd like to insult you for your arrogance but know not to. Darn, sometimes I wish this was 4chan.

Why do people care so much about this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post
    Rrrrright. You are trolling a forum for a game you haven't played in months.

Sure.
    Okay.

*HE* is the one acting stupid.
    I quit the game just before the guild I was in got to Heroic Lich King. I still visit the forums and keep updated on how WoW is through my brother (who still raids, in a semi-hardcore guild ) and this website. I used to be hardcore, but my beliefs of the game "going to shit" are what caused me to quit. I still follow the game in hopes that it was turn a new leaf, change it's ways, etc etc.

Personally I find it perfectly reasonable to post on even though I no longer play, especially when I have ~2 YEARS played time between my two mains. The game is/was a significant part of my gaming life, which happens to be my #1 hobby. Hell, HALF of being a "hardcore" player is knowing the community, the thoughts, feelings, and news about the game.

Sorry for getting slightly off topic, but just because someone has quit the game doesn't mean they don't have valuable input. (note: not sure about the guy you quoted, but don't be so quick to judge?)

Deleted
    Why are so stupid why do you care what the hell they do srs some people get life -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    Why are so stupid why do you care what the hell they do srs some people get life -.-
    Ah yes, who died and made you king? You got no say in regards to what "a life" is, so zip it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're wow players, not rocks stars. How can they possibly sell out? "Sell out" generally refers to musicians (among other things) who give up their creativity and individuality in hopes to capturing a broader, more mainstream audience. This is totally different because they're not creators, they're just participants in a game...and just because they're getting paid for it they're selling out? Do people really care enough about paragon to label them as sell outs? lol?

If they can get bank for playing a video game, then good for them. I personally don't worship the ground they stand on, so idgaf where they get their money from or what they "sacrifice" to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread....

/places tinfoil hat squarely on head

Ah, yes. I see now. And no. I cannot possibly fathom this happening from a guild like Paragon.

/tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

It can't be that simple!

*places tin-foil hat on.*

Oh shit.

Those greedy bastards!

Selling in-game items for in-game currency is permitted by Blizzard.

Selling in-game items for real world currency is not, neither is vice-versa - selling real world things for in-game currency.

Hopefully clears up a bit of the confusion that seems to be floating around in this thread.

On topic: I think we'll have to wait and see what happens. If they start selling world firsts, then yes, I suppose they have become sellouts to greed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Ah yes, who died and made you king? You got no say in regards to what "a life" is, so zip it.
    what do you have from talking and caring about others?yuo like this in RL also?someone does something and u go talk shit about it everytime?srs find something to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    what do you have from talking and caring about others?yuo like this in RL also?someone does something and u go talk shit about it everytime?srs find something to do
    Uh, what?

I only said, and I quote directly here: "Ah yes, who died and made you king? You got no say in regards to what "a life" is, so zip it.". Which is true. You're in no position to tell anyone to "get a life", thus zip it.

Guess what Video games are becoming Huge. Like NFL huge. 20 years from now events such as the NASL and GSL will be serious sporting events all over the world. Large sporting events require huge amounts of money, this money comes from advertising, hence sponsors, hence Dream.

Is this a good thing?

Depends on how that market is handled, Dream don't have the best rep. in the business for "Moral Marketing" but at least they are willing to support Paragon as Pro Gamers. If Dream takes the genre to a place we as gamers don't like one thing is for sure, that we, as enthusiasts have the power to mold this new medium's advertising and not have it tainted by LCD marketing and cheap ploys (see Dante's Inferno EA Marketing in google for more)
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Deleted
    I don't see a lot of constructive discussion here. If you feel there is a reason to discuss famous E-sport teams cooperating, please create a new thread in a different, less conspiracy-implicative tone.