Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is up with Just Cause 2 being only supported by Vista/Win7?

Seriously? there has to be a ton of gamers out there still using XP, if not casual PC people. WTF kind of business savvy is that?

oh and Steam is having a pretty nice sale going on right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    Seriously? there has to be a ton of gamers out there still using XP, if not casual PC people. WTF kind of business savvy is that?

oh and Steam is having a pretty nice sale going on right now...
    It's called evolution. I don't see support for Win95 around anywhere either yet I know people who uses it!
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Steam sales are awesome. XP is fading out completely in the next 4 years, this being more and more common is expected. I still use Xp tho

M$ stopped supporting xp like a year and a half ago. upgrade allready.

idd i just brought 6 games over the last 24 hours for £9 , proper bargin and just cause 2 was one of them
    Roll on 2morr's sale

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    M$ stopped supporting xp like a year and a half ago. upgrade allready.
    I didn't know 2015 was a year and a half ago.

According to the Steam users stats 80% of people have Vista or Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I didn't know 2015 was a year and a half ago.
    Not sure where you got your info, but they stopped supporting XP on the 13th of July 2010. Source

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post

Not sure where you got your info, but they stopped supporting XP on the 13th of July 2010. Source
    Says its still supported till April 8, 2014.
    I still use XP 1 year after they apparently stopped supporting it. Sense makes?
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-07-02 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post

Understanding of what one has read is important.

• Support for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) ends on July 12, 2011.
    • Support for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) ended on July 13, 2010.*
    • And then there is....

If you're running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) and you're not ready to upgrade to Windows 7, you should install Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), a free update.

Suddenly the support has not ended afterall! And to make sure of it...

Note: There's no SP3 for the 64-bit version of Windows XP. If you’re running the 64-bit version of Windows XP with SP2, you have the latest service pack and will continue to be eligible for support and receive updates until April 8, 2014.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Says its still supported till April 8, 2014.
    Oh, didn't notice that bit. Still, it's only the 32 bit version that's getting supported, and it seems like it's just monthly security fixes.

---------- Post added 2011-07-02 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Understanding of what one has read is important.
    Hey, it was a tiny asterisk, it's nearly 2am here and I worked a 10 hour day today so my brain's a lil fuzzy. Cut me some slack!

Probably because it requires DX10...

Good! This (the software) industry really needs to stop slugging in its own mud and move on. Chrome has adapted rolling releases, Firefox is moving in that direction too, HTML5 is supposed to be the last "versioned" release. Move on already, XP is dead and Windows 7 is superior in basically every way - this coming from a devoted XP user.

Also, assuming Poodles is right - there is no DX10 for WinXP or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    Good! This (the software) industry really needs to stop slugging in its own mud and move on. Chrome has adapted rolling releases, Firefox is moving in that direction too, HTML5 is supposed to be the last "versioned" release. Move on already, XP is dead and Windows 7 is superior in basically every way - this coming from a devoted XP user.

Also, assuming Poodles is right - there is no DX10 for WinXP or lower.
    There is no moving on as long as the current generation of consoles and their DX9 based hardware leads the gaming market sadly. :|

Yeah, I'm glad I got a mostly working crack of W7 (yells at me to verify it, but it only happens a few times a day). It sucks, cause I love XP, but it happens. At a certain point old software/hardware stops being supported by the new stuff.

Deleted
    Noes! please tell me there's an option on Windows 7 to make it look like Windows XP and not have overkilling security? :S

Anyway, suppose XP is about to run out off it's time and starting to get outdated :'S
    Soon we'll all be slaves to the 7 overlord, tamtamtam.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-07-02 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Noes! please tell me there's an option on Windows 7 to make it look like Windows XP and not have overkilling security? :S

Anyway, suppose XP is about to run out off it's time and starting to get outdated :'S
    Soon we'll all be slaves to the 7 overlord, tamtamtam.
    7 isn't that bad. You can make it look like XP for the most part, and you can disable all the annoying features that were mandatory (basically) in Vista.

Windows XP doesn't fix the "paged pool memory problem" automagically. It happened with SC2, so I actually couldn't play it without tinkering and downloading some extra stuff I wouldn't need with Win7.

I don't know about this game, but it was released at about the same time so I wouldn't be surprised.

Of course, I could also be completely wrong, but XP is not as good as people might think. Especially if you want to play SC2.
    Last edited by Gungtah; 2011-07-02 at 03:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a new computer and upgraded it to XP (yes I consider 7 -> XP an upgrade). But one day we will be forced to let go of our good OS and all its simplicity. My beef with the new ones is that its just pandering to the mindless majority who don't know jack squat about computers and will buy stuff for the little (and mostly annoying) bonuses, instead of a trusted and properly working OS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess thats a hint to go to windows 7. Its better, its a lot better. I mean come on your on a 10 year old OS, what do you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    Cuz XP is like 7+ years old?

Proud Member of Respected and Despised (SWTOR USA PST Empire).
    Dark Days are Coming....