Thread: Crit vs Mastery

Crit vs Mastery

So with this new gear we're going to have more crit than mastery?
    I really liked when I was in the 19/20 mastery in the T11 stuff, my Hand of Light was the main source of my DPS, now is just, meh.
    It's just sad!

So, can we avoid it or we will be stuck with low mastery?

Reforge, reforge, reforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do ya mean with that Eugenik? Reforge everythin' to master as we did with T11 gear?
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

I don't think that reforge will be the sole answer to our problem.
    What if you get, and you will, a haste + crit gear, will you reforge out of crit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. If possible, do not reforge out of stats that are of value. Namely crit and mastery.
    In such a case, reforge out of haste. Can't be done nothing about strange itemisation. If you happen to have more crit in the end, so be it ... it's not like apparatus has turned out to be a great trinket anyway.

So ... Yes, your "damage done" section will change, away from HoL probably. But that doesn't mean you will be doing less damage than before.

With askmrrobot's t12 bis (which is probably wrong atm) you get 18.75 Mastery. I checked it and it seems pretty right (depending if HoR Heroic is still BiS), just use what they have and change put it to Tier 12 11 Heroic and change the pieces you can't get.
    Last edited by davep; 2011-07-02 at 05:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    With askmrrobot's t12 bis (which is probably wrong atm) you get 18.75 Mastery, I'd have to relook at the gear but I could probably easily get over 19. Don't see why you are complaining.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/paladinretribution#v1-o7235102601-v,HOx,0N0B,,E58
    You are wearing a Tank Belt and Neck wasting a significant amount of strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Ya I saw that and changed it, was trying to post an updated link but it didn't work.

Just looked at what they had for Tier 11 Heroic and it's at 18.17 where the one I had up with edited cloak, belt and bracers showed 18.75. Meaning we get more mastery from this tier then last in the normal gear.
    Last edited by davep; 2011-07-02 at 05:57 PM.