Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Thanks for the good posts (i was honestly prepared to be flamed much more).

The bottom line for me and the message i was trying to relay is that wow is not a spreadsheet. Even though there is much math and formulae behind the game, there is no reliable way to get reliable numbers when there's movement, periods of non-casting, variable lag during the fight period, human reaction time, predictability of what other players can do, no fixed group composition, etc.

Haste is good mathematicaly and mechanicaly, but in all studies about holy paladin it seems people are focussed only on throughtput spreadsheets, while for example the CRIT (even if RNG) has a regen component that is hard to "math" (due to sometimes makes you skip a divine light for holy light) has infusion of light procs that are hard to "math" also, it has higher illuminated healing shields that are also hard to math, etc.

In a perfect spreadsheet world, haste is king. In a completely RNG world with so many equations and variables, i prefer to keep Divine Light @ 1,9s and forget haste, for now, pending more experiences from me.

I'll shut up now. I know you all think i'm wrong, its OK. For people reading this and asking for advice, don't go with my unproven theory please, i dont want to mislead anyone.
    You're still confusing the crap out of me. You're right about one thing, that WoW is not a spreadsheet and you can't just follow the math in 100% of situations. Sometimes you have to use your reasoning to figure out what the math is telling you and what it means for your healing, and then choose to follow or not follow it. Where you lose me is your reasoning to not follow it, I cannot understand how you come to such a conclusion.

How does crit have a regen component? Infusion of Light procs DL too, just because infusion proced doesn't mean you get to use HL every time, as often as not (especially on heroics) I find myself using Infusion of Light procs on DL which actually ends up costing more MPS. Of course haste has the same effect, so that's one thing to consider - can I cast with all this haste and not hard Oom on every fight - the answer to that should be yes if you play properly. But you're making up mechanics that aren't there, crit is not a mana regen stat at all. That's like saying haste is a regen mechanic because you get to cast your spell faster and then sit there and melee the boss. Ehhh...no, neither haste nor crit are regen stats, they just allow you to regen by increasing your HPS and leaving you windows of opportunity to gain mana back. Haste increases HPS more.

Btw Infusion of Light is factored into calculations when figuring out how much HPS you gain from crit. It is possible to math it out.

You're right about another thing, movement/lag/human reaction time etc. That stuff matters, and the stat that counters is best is.... HASTE!. The way you make up for those situations where you fall behind is by increasing your HPS to catch up, and by getting casts off quickly to catch a person before they die. Haste is both mathematically better and logically better.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-07-03 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    "due to sometimes makes you skip a divine light for holy light"

That's the logic for classing crit as a mana regen stat, but it's pretty dubious. It's true that you can sometimes cancel/downrank a consecutive cast because a crit heal topped the target off, but to label that as a true "regen" component of crit is taking it a bit too far in my opinion.

Deleted
    crit is kinda cool now but to put it over haste is wrong imo. casting more heals is always better than to rely on a crit heal which might never come. so "spaming" a heal is always the better option, at least thats how i heal

As a holy paladin I can tell you that crit is almost useless. However as the OP points out, you want procs of infusion of light. Meaning you need enough crit to have 3 stacks of infusion of light up all the time. However, to reach that you don't need to stack crit. The only time I have problems with having 3 stacks of IoL up is when I play pvp, where I barrely have any crit.

So back to the stat priority. You want Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Mastery/Crit

Oh and, YAY!!! Holy Light + Beacon got buffed (=Happy panda now!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    As a holy paladin I can tell you that crit is almost useless. However as the OP points out, you want procs of infusion of light. Meaning you need enough crit to have 3 stacks of infusion of light up all the time. However, to reach that you don't need to stack crit. The only time I have problems with having 3 stacks of IoL up is when I play pvp, where I barrely have any crit.

So back to the stat priority. You want Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Mastery/Crit

Oh and, YAY!!! Holy Light + Beacon got buffed (=Happy panda now!)
    you mean conviction