10+ Year Old Account

Driver stopped working and has been recovered

Using my 7 day free gametime, I thought I'd check in on my charracters, But I got some problems with the game.

If I activate SLI, the game screen will go completely black and I get a Driver stopped error.

with SLI disabled, I am fine, but I get GPU bottlenecked (with a GTX 580 ), but thats only on All max, while flying in Areas with long draw distance. (mount hyjal for instance)

Is there something I can to fix this? cant remember having this issue before.

Deleted
    I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but make sure you have DX11 turned on in the options. You said "free game time" so I am assuming you are coming back from a break and may have missed it.

Have you tried uninstalling your driver and then reinstalling it?

Deleted
    Have had the same problems after 4.1, But mostly in valley of wisdom. Sometimes it just go back to normal after failure. But time to time i get blue screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found out what the issue was.

I was running in Windowed mode, and since SLI only works "properly" in Fullscreen mode, it caused the driver errors.

got my 2500k @ 4,8Ghz and both GTX 580's at 950Mhz 2150Memory, upgraded not to long ago and wanted to see how it played wow.
    The free 7 days game time I think everyone who had a frozen account when 4,3 went live got, not sure though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    It's pretty untrue to say SLI only works in fullscreen. It works just fine in windowed mode. It honestly sounds like you running your 580 clocks too high, particularly the core. Memory is usually stable up to 2225 or so, whereas the GPU clock tends to crap out at 850 if you're lucky.
    Its only WoW that caused this Issue for me, and I've done intensive testing on my Cards and Both of them, as well as my CPU are under water

But It might also have been a factor to consider that I still got 3,3Gb of data that I havent downloaded yet