Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    No it isn't. If you leave one alone he won't do much other than slamming your face to the ground because well, the reasons seem fairly obvious, but in longer matches where people will mostly focus you (like in mage/priest/ele) there is SO much that can distinguish a very good shaman from a crap one. Purges, shocks, shield-twisting, grounding, earthbind roots, thunderstorm, hexes, etc, everything needs to be played out near perfectly to make them viable, herpadurp shock lava burst LB LB LB hasn't worked for about 6 months, so elemental is far from the most faceroll caster.
    Listing up names doesn't do anything. Arcane mage is hard, since you have to spellsteal, counterspell, switch armors, iceblock, root and sheep, cleanse curses, all perfectly. You can do this with everything, it's hardly an arguement. Also, just because it's not viable, doesn't mean the spec is hard.

Deleted
    Seriously If I get stuck freezed or whatever , I have to trinket it
    if Im worthless against the most casters and all melees not retripaladins tho
    If I get stunned I can trinket or thunderstorm then If I get stunned again (rogue stunlock) I have already take too much dmg to do something after the stun
    so I gotta heal
    My point is : elemental shaman are the easiest class to lockdown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Listing up names doesn't do anything. Arcane mage is hard, since you have to spellsteal, counterspell, switch armors, iceblock, root and sheep, cleanse curses, all perfectly. You can do this with everything, it's hardly an arguement. Also, just because it's not viable, doesn't mean the spec is hard.
    Not always, but I never said the spec was hard, I just said it had a really high skill-cap right now due to how useless most people are when playing one. If a spec is underpowered the person playing it has to be an exceptional player compared to most he's facing, that's just how it works, even for arcane mages (even though those are more of a category of their own, if you can't cast AB you're worthless, and that's that, comparing elemental shamans to fire mages would be more accurate, I think, but it hardly matters).

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Not always, but I never said the spec was hard, I just said it had a really high skill-cap right now due to how useless most people are when playing one. If a spec is underpowered the person playing it has to be an exceptional player compared to most he's facing, that's just how it works, even for arcane mages (even though those are more of a category of their own, if you can't cast AB you're worthless, and that's that, comparing elemental shamans to fire mages would be more accurate, I think, but it hardly matters).
    Skillcap means the skill required to get the maximum out of the spec. In wich Elemental doesn't score to high. What you're refering to is the skill required to do well in competitive pvp.(with not scoring to high, I mean compared to some other specs, I do not mean any random person who plays elemental is skillcaped.)
    Last edited by glowzone; 2011-07-03 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    No, it is the most faceroll caster ever since it has been implemented.
    Erm. Arcane mages?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISsOjfHgtws

t
    his was at level 80.
    Last edited by Tyler-Stormrage; 2011-07-03 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added link
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Can't wait to see Thrall's kid and Garrosh's kid in school together -"HAHA MY DAD'S ARMY BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR DAD'S ARMY"

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I
    - Purge. Again, recently nerfed, but for a reason. Especially fun against (most) healers and ret paladins.
    You monster :'(
    But yeah, if played right Ele can be very...how do i put it? Boot-to-face?
    And the hilarious moment when someone dispells your flame shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayloon View Post
    Well , its not easy to kite when you got get snared or frozen (DK) or slowed or stunned
    Yes we got some improvements and I guess I haven´t tried it for so long now
    But still one of the most casters that requires most survivalskills because they have not so many snares
    Sure frostshock,earthbind and thunderstorm
    The thing is that all those can be broken pretty easy
    If you have tired to kill a rogue you will see that its almost impossible to kite it
    and a warrior well they just wait untill I do all my slows and such then they will bladestorm

---------- Post added 2011-07-03 at 11:35 AM ----------

And Lukas 45
    "Why would you also compare with mages anyway? Mages are the class with most snares and kiting/surviving abilitys. "

I compare with a mage because they are so much alike
    now I can say frost is frost
    but fire is pretty much same as elemental
    like this
    Blastwave = thunderstorm without knockback
    Running and casting scorch = running casting Lightning bolts
    then they have this stun from fireblast when they get the procc and the blaze speed
    and ofcourse the iceblock + blink

they got more survival
    I would say that a firemage + a destruction warlock is two upgrades from an elemental shaman in spellwise

Asb
    I like your opinions and I guess I have focus more on our weekness instead of godness
    and in future arena I would say it might work but still I feel so easy to lock down
    when a shaman gets stuck they are doomed
    just release your hands from keyboard and just die
    (depends if you have use all your survivals)
    now I compare warlock ,priest and mage again
    They can stand still in a stun and take damage and then survive
    or break it with their survivals I mean blink doesn´t have to much cooldown
    and warlock well they got awesome healthregen and as destruction they have a pet to cc with + healthstone = instantheal
    Pirest got disperssion + fear then good selfheal and they got awesome slow on mindflay
    Wait wait wait .Did you just call Destro warlocks overpowered ? Elemental Shamans are in a WAY better position than Destro warlocks . And don't link me Adouken's videos to prove me wrong . He's pro and he's doing BG's . Not arenas . Which Shamans can actually do

Deleted
    Nononon I didn´t say destro warlocks where OP
    just that hey have more dmg reduce and escape
    like succubus cc and they got fear and the armor that reduce magic dmg + their dmg
    Shamans are like boomkins in someways but less cc/armor

they should at least fix their mana issues.

if they don't want them to have an OMGWTF button like every other class, that's fine, but if they expect us to utilize our tools to survive you must AT LEAST give us enough mana management to WANT to use those spells more then one time.

Elemental is the only spec I can ever remember going oom on since cata, of any spec I've ever played that is not healer, and when not mana burned.

Quote Originally Posted by ReeL View Post
    Elemental is the only spec I can ever remember going oom on since cata, of any spec I've ever played that is not healer, and when not mana burned.
    I'm expecting that they have a pretty fine line to walk on with regards to mana, since there's no other mechanic restricting your healing. Balance druids and shadow priests both have a damage form that they have to leave to heal, which I'm sure costs a fair amount of mana to constantly cycle in and out of.

Deleted
    They both have better healing than elemental shamans, though. Or at least shadow priests do, not to mention a good team won't let an elemental shaman cast damaging spells, let alone heal. Elemental does have mana problems, but that's solely because they need fulmination to actually deal some form of damage and using water shield instead is the only way for them to reliably conserve and/or get mana back. Then again, so do shadow priests, but not because switching in and out of shadow form is pricey, just because seeing as their heals actually matter quite a fair bit they tend to heal more than they should just to play safe, at times. Moonkins I honestly don't know, but I really don't think I've faced a moonkin in arena (which in itself only happened like 5 times this season, TR + live) that had too many troubles keeping their mana up.

Elemental Shaman is not bad for PVP. Just get better.

Simply put, elementals shamans are a burst class. They were designed around almost zero CC abilities, relatively few snares/gap-opens, elementals shamans job was similar to a warrior, apply a large amount of pressure.

In cataclysm, this is changed. Blizzard is driving away elemental shamans away from their norm, into something they're not, and saying that's ok. Elemental shamans rely on burst to be a solid PvP spec. Blizzard has taken away their burst, and thinking giving them a halfass slow and casting LB while moving is going to cut it. I don't care that my LB can be cast while moving, when it hits for ~4k, and my super charged awesome LvB a whole 12k.

Blizzard is trying to make elemental shamans into something they're not, and it's just killing the spec. Destro lock are in the same boat, they are a burst class, now that they're burst is gone, they have basically nothing.

If u think elemental is face roll go try it lol u won't live for more then like 18 seconds i bet. Novoz makes me want an elemental shaman thou : ) plus i got beaten by an elemental shaman in 80 gear and he was wrecking people on the ptr.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    I don´t say that elemental completley sucks cause they don´t
    They are good I know it , if you kite well you have the fight , like a caster version of hunter in tbc , kite kite kite kite then dmg and when you get openfire , release your cooldowns and kill it
    tho I found the mana is a big big problem and still I stand for my opinion , they are easiest to lock down of all classes

Quote Originally Posted by tibbywinkz3 View Post
    Wonder whose in worse spot, ele sham or boomkin. That novoz video was pretty lame, that was probably around a 1900 mmr...Cant wait to meet some ele shamans in the arena this season. I just cant see them going anywhere decent. I might try to give ele a shot, just to see if I can mess shit up or not, im usually pretty good with the under powered classes in pvp.

LOL. I didn't know you could get glad with a 1900 mmr....weird.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I'm expecting that they have a pretty fine line to walk on with regards to mana, since there's no other mechanic restricting your healing. Balance druids and shadow priests both have a damage form that they have to leave to heal, which I'm sure costs a fair amount of mana to constantly cycle in and out of.
    All true, but the thing is :

they goo oom waaay slower in generall, AND they have cooldowns (priest have several) that can bring their mana back up again, as well as the passive talents that bring in much more noticable mana then rolling thunder.

So here we have elemental with a worse talent for gaining passive mana AND not a single way to get it back up once your oom. Not to mention the other classes/specs you mentioned can use them several times in an arena match : /

cant make a call till arena starts in my opinion

Then specc resto and be a god, like others.
    There are CLASSES that dont work in pvp ...and yet ppl whine about
    a specc, while they got a god pvp specc already.
    The i dont like blabla..its not really in place. If you dont like, then ok, but then dont come
    whining either.

Quote Originally Posted by kunn View Post
    Then specc resto and be a god, like others.
    There are CLASSES that dont work in pvp ...and yet ppl whine about
    a specc, while they got a god pvp specc already.
    The i dont like blabla..its not really in place. If you dont like, then ok, but then dont come
    whining either.
    to be fair, when a class doesn't well in pvp, hunters really being the only one, it's because the fault is in the cote mechanincs of the class and thus making every spec bad.

Also, hybrids can't be considered the same as different specs within a pure class.

Saying an elementl ahould just go resto doesn't woek, there's just too much difference in the specs (allthoug alot of the feel is similar). You can't tell a dps to go healer you know.