Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubasage View Post
    While this is 100% right, the vast majority of "bads" hide behind the "casual" label.
    This, this and 1000x THIS. They hide behind the "I have a life because of X so I have to be casual. I don't have to <insert every reason here>," and it makes us casual players look really REALLY bad.

I'm a casual and proud of it damn it.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Casual to me is relaxed and unconcerned
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danawhitaker View Post
    And your sense of entitlement that people shouldn't have an opportunity to see the final bosses comes from...?
    I never said they shouldn't have the opportunity.

But that doesn't mean they should have it served to them on a silver platter. The way video games work (as do many thing in real life) is that better performance warrants higher rewards. No performance warrants little/no reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I never said they shouldn't have the opportunity.

But that doesn't mean they should have it served to them on a silver platter. The way video games work (as do many thing in real life) is that better performance warrants higher rewards. No performance warrants little/no reward.
    I would pay money to see blizz say this in a blue and then watch the qq.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasage View Post
    While this is 100% right, the vast majority of "bads" hide behind the "casual" label.
    You got me wondering... What's a hardcore bad like?

Deleted
    I don't get it either tbh. Isn't it supposed to be fun for the game to be challenging? why would you WANT to steamroll through a dungeon without effort?
    Honestly, this game is already easy and no-brainer-ish enough, if they nerf it further, I'm out for sure. cause the easyness that is WoW, is already boring at times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    So......

20% more HP and 20% more damage done makes HMs difficult you say?
    That and new additional mechanics that can turn a simple fight into a pain in the ass. The higher damage + healing requirements force you to perform. You can't slack behind. While the additional mechanics make it harder to perform. Those factors combined are what makes heroics harder. There is no room for slack. No room at all. A single fail from a single raidmember on for example omnitron heroic can pew pew the entire raid in a matter of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    You got me wondering... What's a hardcore bad like?
    They're the people in "hardcore" 16 hour guilds clearing 6/13 right before firelands comes out thinking they're complete badasses. Or the guy that always fucks up defile in an actual hardcore guild.

OT: The normals really arent that hard. I was a hardcore raider (not true hardcore, but 9 hours/wk and almost competing for server first with a 20 hr/wk guild) and went casual, we now do alt raids and this week we raided a little with people who have never raided seriously and had alts in the group and cleared 4/7. No idea why people are complaining, I see Beth'tilac being 100% puggable as we 2 shot her.

15+ Year Old Account
    And your sense of entitlement that people shouldn't have an opportunity to see the final bosses comes from...?

My complaints in Cataclysm aren't specific to the difficulty of the encounters themselves. The biggest problem a lot of casuals (or people who would be hardcore if they had more time to devote to the game) have is that it's so difficult, if you can only run 4-5 dungeons a week, to even get *geared* enough to get into that raid in the first place. My guild is *still* gearing people. We are just now approaching a point of having enough people geared to do T11 raids. Even with that, we've lost all the alts people had and the ability to swap them in and out for various fights as needed. Most people in my guild are only running two characters that are geared at a T11 gear level, and usually one of those is so borderline it would be hard to swap in. The only thing pulling my guild out of the mud right now is having several members who are in high school (read: lots of free time) who can chain run heroics and gear faster than any of us were able to. I'm already looking at ways to augment their contributions in the fall when school starts up again.

What changed from Wrath to Cata more than anything is not the difficulty, but the fact that running heroics is no longer nearly as easy, ergo, gearing is not nearly as easy. For smaller guilds, this is brutal. If you had to ask most "casuals" why they aren't raiding yet, I bet it would ultimately boil down to that.
    Seriously WHAT? Gearing never have been easier than it is now. NEVER. There are Valor point limits that mean everyone puts the same amount of time. Tbh, for months I have hardly anything to do in means of gathering gear than going to a raid.

And gear hard to get to start T11 content? I've started T11 content BEFORE nerfs at the firts week of Cata with a lot of blue gear. You don't need epics to raid normals - you need brain. You don't even need a lot of time.

The only reason for people to not be able to raid is:
    - they are bad
    - they don't have more than 4 hours a week to play (I cannot understand why people with so little free time try to play mmo rpgs ... there is so many other games which don't require adjusting your playtime to other people; games which you can solo)

Stop treating WoW as an single player game. It's a multiplayer and a very specific one. You need to be able to comit at least a bit. I've been playing this game for over 6 years now and I know what it means having to spend a lot of time and effort in order to achieve anything. And I don't write this to show that I'm better than someone who started later on - not at all. It's just funny to hear that Cataclyms needs too much time gear up when I have experience the mechanics of gearing up in Vanilla and TBC. I don't say they were particulary good - they had a lot of flaws - but for people with that experience Cataclysm is extremly casual in terms of time requirements. In Cataclysm you have to spend hardly any time. In fact a lot of old time players are quitting becuase of that: they have nothing to do in the game. I personally don't feel that way since I prefer if things are achieved by skill not tons of time. However, even I admitt the time needed to put into game now to keep up with everyone else is minimal.

Also, there is one more thing. The better player someone is the less time the game requires from him to spend on the game. So I will stand by assuming that people who feel they need to spend tons of time in order to achieve things in WoW simply do something horribly wrong.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2011-07-03 at 09:36 AM.

I seriously don't understand casual players.

If I am casual, I don't care about defeating a boss.
    If I am hardcore I do care about defeating every one of them.

If I complain about difficulty, then either I am a messed-up hardcore who is weak and can't defeat bosses, or a messed-up casual who cares about defeating a boss but has not yet been able to motivate his casual friends (who do not care about defeating a boss) or he just wants things in life for free.

Casuals have all the 85 levels worth of questing to enjoy.
    Casuals have all the dungeons to enjoy.
    Casuals have all the heroic dungeons to enjoy.
    Casuals have all the normal past raids to enjoy and beat while sleeping at they keyboards - getting epics.

Casuals also have the right to shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normals are not hard to pug, did one on my alt yesterday they have nerfed them so hard we one shot everything. Give it a months and everyone will know fights and there will be ALOT of pugs on every realms. Blizz asked people to read on wow with the Journal, i am sure most don't.
    Aye mate

I am casual and im not complaining, if people are complaining bout difficulty, there are 3 really nice raids nerfed now, so easy pugable.

Deleted
    I fully understand the fact that the part of "casual gaming" implies that you do not have the time to progress heroic end-game content at patch day every single tier. This is fine, Blizzard does not intend for the casual gamer to be abled to do this.

But since when, does being a "casual", entitle you to being absolutely terrible at a computer game that requires hardly anything of you? I'm a hardcore raider myself, I'm right at the top of raiding. But when I look at normal-modes, and see players inability to pug it... It's far from a matter of difficulty, you have only yourselves to blame. "Casual gaming" implies nothing more than a time constraint.

Every means of improvement is out there for you through medias like Elitist Jerks, stating that you do not have "time" to do homework for a computer game is ridiculous and you should know it yourself. Honestly I do not even see how you can have "fun" playing a game if you're utterly incapable of playing it properly.

Shape up casuals, cut the whining.

normal modes are almost retard friendly.

My complaints in Cataclysm aren't specific to the difficulty of the encounters themselves. The biggest problem a lot of casuals (or people who would be hardcore if they had more time to devote to the game) have is that it's so difficult, if you can only run 4-5 dungeons a week, to even get *geared* enough to get into that raid in the first place. My guild is *still* gearing people. We are just now approaching a point of having enough people geared to do T11 raids. Even with that, we've lost all the alts people had and the ability to swap them in and out for various fights as needed. Most people in my guild are only running two characters that are geared at a T11 gear level, and usually one of those is so borderline it would be hard to swap in. The only thing pulling my guild out of the mud right now is having several members who are in high school (read: lots of free time) who can chain run heroics and gear faster than any of us were able to. I'm already looking at ways to augment their contributions in the fall when school starts up again.

What changed from Wrath to Cata more than anything is not the difficulty, but the fact that running heroics is no longer nearly as easy, ergo, gearing is not nearly as easy. For smaller guilds, this is brutal. If you had to ask most "casuals" why they aren't raiding yet, I bet it would ultimately boil down to that.
    So you're basically saying that you need epics to be able to do t11 raids, and that gearing up your characters is hard because Cataclysm heroics are too hard for your casual guild? And you don't have time to do heroics or raid becaused you are casual?? The first 2 points just equals bad players and the third point is just an excuse for being bad.

What i don't understand is that these "casuals" are willing to spend $15 a month and apparently only play the game ~4-5hours a week. They claim they don't have time to do this or that or whatever. To me, this sounds like someone who really shouldn't be throwing their money away on an MMO in the first place.

As far as Blizzard acknowledging someone complaining about even normals, that worries me more than any other implications people have brought up. If they're acknowledging it, then they're seriously considering it to be an issue, which means we could have another dumbing-down of the game... but hey who am I kidding, that's guaranteed to happen.