Off my sleep schedule...

I've gotten severely off track with my sleep schedule. I've pulled a few many all nighters lately and have been trying to get it back to normal. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Deleted
    The usual;

Set a target time you'd like to go to sleep at. Say 9:30 (Mine). Start with your current 'normal' or 'average' (Not counting the days you skip sleeping.) time you go to sleep at and adjust down by 15 minutes every day/days (Figure out what works for you by experimenting.) Till you wake up in the morning out of yourself without being tired and are near your target time of going in to bed.
    Last edited by mmoc66d44c450f; 2011-07-03 at 11:16 AM.

if you let's say go to sleep normally around 10:00-12:00 in the "morning" just don't, stay awake and go to sleep early later that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxytrott View Post
    if you let's say go to sleep normally around 10:00-12:00 in the "morning" just don't, stay awake and go to sleep early later that day.
    thats wat im planning on doing today.

Old trick i use. Pull an all nighter, dont snack through the night. Then eat when you plan on waking up and deal with the rest of the day and sleep when you plan on sleeping.
    Its called breakfast for a reason.
    Breaking the fast of the night.

Physically tire yourself out during the day, then go to bed around 10 o'clock. Pull out a book to read and keep your eyes away from any computer screen. If you're going to listen to music, make it long, slow and drawn out music. Set your alarm early, around 6-8ish, and force yourself to get up. Don't nap the next day, and you should be good.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't do an all nighter, they're terrible for you health.

As Badpaladin said, tire yourself out. Don't site around all day watching tv or browsing the internet. The best way to tire yourself is through mental stimulation (ie, reading a book).

If that doesn't work: try over the counter sleeping pills. Take them one or two nights in a row and you'll be back on track. (Or prescription sleeping pills if you want the good stuff >.>)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Oh, if you've got a muscle relaxer laying around, you can always take that as a last resort.

I just use some pills called quiet life or something when i mess my sleep schedule very light and they simply relax you a bit so you can sleep easier. They dont need prescription since its natural remedy or something.

You still wont sleep though if you dont lie down early and turn off your tv etc.

I suggest 1 banana and a glass of warm milk and then try reading a book.

Deleted
    I did this myself yesterday/today and have done it the past week.. Couldn't fall asleep until 7 am, then woke up at 5 pm :/
    Wasn't because I was playing computer though, my dog is getting put down tomorrow and I am totally depressed atm, so it'll probably get better soon.

Is it because you're just enjoying playing computer you stay up so late, or is there a problem you need to deal with where computer becomes your escape mechanism instead of lying in bed thinking about everything? I'd suggest trying to deal with it, I am trying atm, not succeeding though...

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Physically tire yourself out during the day, then go to bed around 10 o'clock. Pull out a book to read and keep your eyes away from any computer screen. If you're going to listen to music, make it long, slow and drawn out music. Set your alarm early, around 6-8ish, and force yourself to get up. Don't nap the next day, and you should be good.
    ^ This. I did this exact same thing 6 months ago because I was waking up at 12 pm... ugh. Now I wake up at 4:30 AM every morning and go to bed at 10:30-11. Feels great! And when he says physically tire yourself, you really have to. I rode my bicycle something like 80 miles that day, boy was I tired afterwards.

Deleted
    A really easy quick way.. go to sleep whenever you want but set 2-3 alarm clocks to 7 or 8 or whenever is your normal wake up time. First it's going to suck though, waking up but after that, you'll get tired at the right time.