Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to get into serious PvP?

I love PvP. Run BGs all the time while waiting for the guild to get their act together to raid. Actually its the only thing I really want to do in WoW anymore.

Never bought any resilience gear or anything but I think I want to make the switch to PvP endgame instead of Raiding. What do I have to do to get into Arena? Any recommendations? Can I start without and resilience gear?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get a friend, get PVP gear and start killing stuff. Very easy.
    Thrall's Balls

10+ Year Old Account
    With S9 available through Honor, you're going to need to grind out that set. The longer you wait, the better geared people in 2200+ are going to be. Hurry hurry!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowreach View Post
    With S9 available through Honor, you're going to need to grind out that set. The longer you wait, the better geared people in 2200+ are going to be. Hurry hurry!
    Pretty much this, its the best week right now to be grinding out honor because there is nothing going on.

You wanna get into serious PvP?

Learn the mechanics of all classes. Once you know how all your opponents work, you'll understand how to counter them.

You pretty much missed out on the best week to get into PvP.

They gave people this week to get geared in the vicious so the start of arena wasn't TOTAL rofl-stomp with people in full vicious and people in bloodthirsty.

But you can still learn.

Just do ALOT of bg's grind the gear,learn when to interrupt casters,CC or Focus healers,keybind etc

and usually in trade chat someone is looking for a 2s or 3s partner.

Just try and talk to someone that isn't a total jackass that gets upset over a loss and you'll be fine *but then again most PvP'ers nerd rage when they lose,specially arena*

Do bgs till you get full vicious or close too it, properly gear, spec, and enchant. Then look for arena partners in trade or your realm forums. I'd suggest doing a little 2v2 to get used to it then trying 3v3 soon after, as it is much more fun and you can get real rewards.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/ forums is a great place to go learn about everything you need to know for pvp.

Deleted
    roll a dk and you can become successful in arena, nothing more to say.

Deleted
    Farm resilience gear and once you get into arena don't be shit. Don't play with shit partners.

Deleted
    - Farm honour and get resilience gear (you can get full epic now, even weps).

- Then get a friend and do some arenas to find out if you actually like it and if you are any good.

- If so then duel often in front of ORG or SW/IF. Especially at peak times (6pm to midnight). I know the game isn't 1v1 based but many if not all good (and the best) PvPers of your realm are there and duel in between arenas or just simply duel for fun and out of boredom.

- Eventually one of them will like your skills, you will start doing arenas with him and that's how you get serious PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    get into arena don't be shit. Don't play with shit partners.
    When looking for arena partners you GOTTA avoid people like this.

Biggest problem with being new to arena,everyone has a mile long stick up they're ass..mostly cause most PvP'ers are teens with no job responsibilitys or anything of the sort so they take it SUPER SRZ like their life depends on it.
    Last edited by Kiva; 2011-07-03 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    just do this tinyurl.com/3bf43

Duels. To learn how to counter each class.
    Arena in 2s as MMR doesnt matter in 2s as 2s doesnt matter atall.

Get some exp in 2s then go 3s.

Same way as i did it

OR be pro like me get 2k in last week of S9 on a disc priest with quest blues and greens...but not everyone is a BAWS like me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grind honor, get gear, duel a lot of players to learn mechanics and how to counter classes, get arena experience find some people or get some friends who are interested as well.

When doing arena don't rage, if you do you'll most likely suck and never learn. When you lose always question why you lost and piece the answer yourself and you'll learn very quickly.

Also what class are you playing? Because it makes a HUGE difference in getting to 'endgame PvP'.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

Deleted
    Its good to play with people around your own level, learning to play and climbing in rating

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just work on your resil, and find a kind friend to fail through a few arena's till you get some decent gear then keep building on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMac84 View Post
    I love PvP. Run BGs all the time while waiting for the guild to get their act together to raid. Actually its the only thing I really want to do in WoW anymore.

Never bought any resilience gear or anything but I think I want to make the switch to PvP endgame instead of Raiding. What do I have to do to get into Arena? Any recommendations? Can I start without and resilience gear?
    Running BGs for gear is very easy now. Get yourself full Vicious and start making connections with the good PvPers on your server. A lot of them won't be very accepting because you don't have a lot of previous experience, but they do have alts!

Just work at, we need some more PvPers.

Most important thing for Arena PVP is to KEY BIND EVERYTHING.

Im gonna be rolling a DK.

I have a Lock too but have grown tired of her.

Deleted
    get intressted.