Deleted

Speakers - no idea what i want or need! :D Help please

I am looking to get some speakers for my macbook pro, which i use to game with in boot camp, play wow, listen to a lot of music and also use it for watching HD movies. It is pretty much what i use for everything.

I currently am a university student and live in halls so i can't have the bass too loud but i do like some bass as i think it makes things sound a lot better, i did have some cheap 20 pound rubbish speakers from HMV which broke but i am thinking of looking into it more this time before i buy!

Should i go for a 2.0 system due to the bass issue? i was thinking the Creative t20 as i am look to spend around 50-60 pound on these.

Or should i go for a 2.1? I would love 5.1 for surround sound but don't think in my budget its worth looking at and with my noise restrictions, anyone got any ideas?

I might also from time to time want to use them on the xbox if possible too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using a pair of Creative T10's and they sound pretty decent with good bass and high/low's. T20 is an improved version of those with better sound quality and functionality, I'd take them. They're also a lot BIGGER than I had expected, the photo doesn't do them justice! 23cm x 14cm x 8cm lol.

I dislike individual subwoofers because they're not exactly portable and tend to degrade in sound fairly quickly.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-07-03 at 10:23 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze