Any addons that make it so an ability can't be used under certain conditions?

For example:
    Exorcism will not function (w/e the button is) unless you have Art Of War active?
    Templars verdict not usable unless 3 holy power.

If not, any addon creators who can make something like this? I'd be willing to compensate for your time.
    Last edited by GodTier; 2011-07-03 at 11:01 PM.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

No, Blizzard specifically forbid doing actions based on conditions, otherwise you would get 1 button wonders, that would literally play your character for you doing optimal dps. You used to be able to, but then they stopped it for exactly that reason.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    No, Blizzard specifically forbid doing actions based on conditions, otherwise you would get 1 button wonders, that would literally play your character for you doing optimal dps. You used to be able to, but then they stopped it for exactly that reason.
    I'm not asking for a long conditional cast sequence type thing... it will be a button you press separately (example: 1 = crusader strike, 2 = templars verdict, 3 = exorcism) I know it is doable because I had something similar last patch but the creator didn't and won't be updating it. (though it was not for pressing buttons it was for clicking)

I can show the person the LUA for that addon to start off of.

I'd be fine with it duplicating the process it actually did. Which was create a clickable overlay displaying three buttons that only lit up based on certain conditions.
    Last edited by GodTier; 2011-07-03 at 11:32 PM.

There's potentially a long winded way of doing this with a bar mod, your own invisible textures and power auras... As for addons that do this I know of none, I didn't actually think they were allowed anymore to be honest.

Deleted
    Addons can prevent your keys from being pressed i guess, yes. But it will block the whole key, so whatever is on that key will be blocked, be it macro or spell

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Addons can prevent your keys from being pressed i guess, yes. But it will block the whole key, so whatever is on that key will be blocked, be it macro or spell
    It can then unblock it based on certain constraints, like unitpower = 3 and such.

An additional note in regards to Exorcism, if you jump right before you go to press it, you're guaranteed to not be able to cast it unless AoW has procced. Your auto attacks are not interrupted by movement, but they are by casting.

However, in a perfect world you may wish to begin training the muscle memory to only hit Exorcism whenever you see the aura warning for AoW, or only hitting Templar's Verdict on three Holy Power. My experience with Ret is limited at best, however among other classes there are usually reasons to use an ability for something other than its primary intended use. An example would be casting Exorcism on a Mage at range to keep him from drinking, if you're Nova'd with Hand of Freedom and Judgement on cooldown.

As to a sub-optimal templar's verdict.. right before your target dies, where three would mean the attack wouldn't go off. My examples are poor but I hope you get my meaning. The difference between a good player and a skilled one, is the ability to react to certain situations optimally, without following a concrete set of pre-defined criteria.

If you absolutely need these AddOns, I'm sure they're out there, Google is your friend, but I hope you can work on an alternative as I believe you will come out better off in the long run.

Best of luck.
    -Vin-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind you're talking literally about conditions.

Still brings idea, if addons can control action bars (think hiding or making buttons inactive) as well as hold aura informations, it should be doable, at least I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2011-07-04 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GodTier View Post
    I'm not asking for a long conditional cast sequence type thing... it will be a button you press separately (example: 1 = crusader strike, 2 = templars verdict, 3 = exorcism) I know it is doable because I had something similar last patch but the creator didn't and won't be updating it. (though it was not for pressing buttons it was for clicking)

I can show the person the LUA for that addon to start off of.

I'd be fine with it duplicating the process it actually did. Which was create a clickable overlay displaying three buttons that only lit up based on certain conditions.
    doesn't the lightening up happen by Blizzard's UI around the ability itself now? it does for my abilities :P
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-07-04 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicer View Post
    An additional note in regards to Exorcism, if you jump right before you go to press it, you're guaranteed to not be able to cast it unless AoW has procced. Your auto attacks are not interrupted by movement, but they are by casting.

However, in a perfect world you may wish to begin training the muscle memory to only hit Exorcism whenever you see the aura warning for AoW, or only hitting Templar's Verdict on three Holy Power. My experience with Ret is limited at best, however among other classes there are usually reasons to use an ability for something other than its primary intended use. An example would be casting Exorcism on a Mage at range to keep him from drinking, if you're Nova'd with Hand of Freedom and Judgement on cooldown.

As to a sub-optimal templar's verdict.. right before your target dies, where three would mean the attack wouldn't go off. My examples are poor but I hope you get my meaning. The difference between a good player and a skilled one, is the ability to react to certain situations optimally, without following a concrete set of pre-defined criteria.

If you absolutely need these AddOns, I'm sure they're out there, Google is your friend, but I hope you can work on an alternative as I believe you will come out better off in the long run.

Best of luck.
    -Vin-
    Hard to react to procs on 5 toons man.

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Addons can't change keybindings, or interfere with them in any way whatsoever during combat. They cannot block spell actions being performed based on logic that cannot otherwise be handled by macro conditionals. All they can do is make visual suggestions as to what to press/not to press, and even then they cannot interfere with protected frames in combat by changing their size/opacity/anything and showing or hiding them, unless the show/hide is in response to something that can be handled by macro conditionals.

If you're still adamant that they can, or if you're looking for something completely different than you're letting on, then I'd suggest posting the link/source of the addon you mentioned in your second post.
    What existed before was as follows.

Creation of a new bar which held inquisition, TV and exorcism and put overlays over them which made it so you could not interact with said bar unless certain conditions were met (3 holy power, divine purpose, art of war) and would not let you TV unless you had inquisition up.

It worked similar to the atremedes shield clicker addon.

If there was a way to make spoiler or code boxes on here I'd gladly post the LUA for the other addon.

I have an inexperienced coder trying to do it for me as we speak, i'd rather pay someone who is decently knowledgeable and can get it done faster though.

From the creator about if his addon needed to be updated.
    Yeah it had to be updated for the CLEU
    So it still works, but he's no longer distributing it as far as I know, but it seems like a decently easy fix if anyone wants to give it a shot.
    Last edited by GodTier; 2011-07-04 at 02:42 AM.

I'm also interested in this addon and seeing how it works. Please provide a link.

If it is broken just because of the CLEU, then it is an incredibly easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    That's a much better explanation, you just forgot the link to the addon so anyone here can fix it
    Creator updated it.
    Last edited by GodTier; 2011-07-04 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicer View Post

Best of luck.
    -Vin-
    For future reference, if you want an easy way to only cast exorcism when it's instant, you can do

Code:
    /cast Exorcism
    /stopcasting
    It'll successfully cast exorcism only if it's instant, as otherwise it'll stop casting it immediately.

Deleted
    Basically, it overlays a transparent click-interactive frame over the action button whenever the condition is not met, thus preventing mouse interaction (clicking). There's no way of doing that with key bindings.