Destro spec for beth'tilac?

So I was doing 10man Firelands last night and I came up with the idea of using my Bane of Havoc on the boss while I stay down below and dps drone/spinners/flickers (spider-lings)

So in a 25man situation would it not be possible, if not smart to have all warlocks go destro and do the same for extra dps on the boss?
    For us personally it becomes a huge dps race and leads to alot of wipes due to the splitting of dps from top to bottom.

Anyone else have some thoughts?

I used demo in 10men for killing the little spiders.
    To cast BoH on Bethy you need to go up first right?.. as far as I know, you cant target her when you are below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

Deleted
    if you are fast enough you can place 1 dot/debuff on her, so BoH is possible. I also want to try this tactic next week, should be a good amount of dps increase.

On my 25 group, I, the destro lock, usually pull the boss. Since she doesn't attack or anything and just fall back you can start the encounter by placing your bane of havoc on her. best regards

Yeah I've been pulling her with bane of havoc at the start of the encounter

how big is your dps in a 10 man fight on her? i did BoH too and got only 14k... :S

even in a 25-man raid my dps was quite low...i had to bomb these little spiders only in p1...that was my job...and even in p2 starting dps'ing the broodmother itsselfe with BL doens't help you up in overall dmg...well thats though luck as long as you do your job right and you guys kill the spider...everything is fine

Deleted
    We killed it last night. At first I went demo to deal with the small spiders, but we wiped during the 2nd phase so I switched to Destro for bigger DPS. DK dealt with the spiders just as good (if not better, more slows than shadowflame).

But for the first phase, my destro DPS was nothing special. I had BoH on the boss (BoH-pull), but it doesn't really matter there as long as things die on time. So even though you're not gonna be seeing big recount numbers, I don't think that should bother you.

I also had a feeling that DPS is lower on this fight on average for everyone, but I don't really know why. I mean as demo on trash before it I had easily 50-60k on silly spider pulls, but on boss never got anywhere close, as if they had a dmg reduction buff or something.

I used affi, bashed the little spiders like a king. got help from time to time from a shaman, but nothing else.

I played aff for our 10man kill. I mainly just multi-dotted all the spinners and the drones. I occasionally managed to get a SoC or two off on the spiderlings, but with two hunters and a spriest it was pretty hard to get anything off before they were dead.

I finished on around 22-23k dps, which seemed ok-ish to me considering our group setup was pretty lame for buffs and I'm not exactly in heroic raid gear or anything.

I'm not entirely sure which is the optimal spec for that fight. Destro is definately nice for BoH, but Jinx CoE makes a pretty big difference too. Demo definately feels like the weakest spec for that fight imo, it lacks Jinx and BoH, and doesn't really offer anything useful instead. In all honesty it doesn't matter a great deal, the normal mode version of this fight was seriously easy so if you're struggling with it there are much bigger issues than the difference between aff, demo and destro.
    Last edited by avengingbt; 2011-07-05 at 05:56 PM.

I'll have to see how heroic is, but as it stands it really doesn't matter for normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    So I was doing 10man Firelands last night and I came up with the idea of using my Bane of Havoc on the boss while I stay down below and dps drone/spinners/flickers (spider-lings)

So in a 25man situation would it not be possible, if not smart to have all warlocks go destro and do the same for extra dps on the boss?
    For us personally it becomes a huge dps race and leads to alot of wipes due to the splitting of dps from top to bottom.

Anyone else have some thoughts?
    unfortunatly from what i understand you can only have 1bane of havoc on the boss no matter how many warlocks are in the raid

Umm... did they stealthily implement that in with 4.2? Because I've definitely seen 4 working Bane of Havocs on a boss at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbombin View Post
    unfortunatly from what i understand you can only have 1bane of havoc on the boss no matter how many warlocks are in the raid
    You can have more than one, but the additional BoHs need to be cast very quickly after the first. I can't tell you how reliable it is, since she really didn't survive long enough to try out too many ideas. Though it seemed convenient at the time, it probably would have been a good idea to take it slow on the bosses the first week to gain a full understanding of the mechanics for heroic mode.

I did the fight as affliction.. not a big deal for normal.. might change with heroics tho we will have to see.

You won't be able to BoH the boss. We tested this with other debuffs and noticed she clears all debuffs when she reaches the top of her web.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    You won't be able to BoH the boss. We tested this with other debuffs and noticed she clears all debuffs when she reaches the top of her web.
    Unless there is a delay on this debuff clearing, this random 10-man video I found seems to indicate no such thing happening. You can see that the debuffs stay up for at least the first 13 seconds of the fight, and a lot of that time includes her sitting on the top of her web.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE1wcDa-ogY

10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild had me pulling with a BoH indeed, we had 2 hunters being main-prio assigned on the lings, me and an arcanemage on drones, with me multidotting all the spinners as well. Enha went up to the top with 1 tank and 1 healer, got Beth to 75% before p2, and made sure we all bunched up on the lings that spawn just before the boss comes down, as we had some not dieing in time, making the red lazer of boss-healing doom giving us 10% more to go through:P.

As long as we could go through to p2 with that BoH and the enha shaman, we could make the soft-enrage np.

Demo for just those lings might be a bit overkill, the only thing I really use demo on is stuff that requires at least half a minute of succesive AoE damage, like Halfus and Maloriak.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

demo all the way
    got some movies from FL in my sig, 3rd boss uploading soon aswell