Thread: Titan

Titan

I keep hearing that it's going to be more casual and have a broader appeal then WoW was. What else could they do?

Hopefully it actually has an epic world in it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYK_Gqyf48Y) WoW is more of just queue and farm some boring heroics and then do an epic raid once a week

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they slap in some neato RP elements into it. WTB loads of custom stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It's a new MMO. That's all anyone knows, anything else you read is just some random neckbeard making up shit for the lulz. Unless that neckbeard has a link to an --OFFICIAL-- Blizzard post talking about Titan on an --OFFICIAL-- blizzard website.

Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    It's a new MMO. That's all anyone knows, anything else you read is just some random neckbeard making up shit for the lulz. Unless that neckbeard has a link to an --OFFICIAL-- Blizzard post talking about Titan on an --OFFICIAL-- blizzard website.
    it doesnt need to be on an official site

also its been said before and reported on many websites and this one of the many links that will show your "proof" http://www.gamespot.com/news/6226767...e-broad-appeal
    Last edited by Tauren; 2011-07-04 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    it doesnt need to be on an official site

also its been said before and reported on many websites and this one of the many links that will show your "proof" http://www.gamespot.com/news/6226767...e-broad-appeal
    "Michael Morhaime, CEO of Blizzard, stated earlier today the Titan project has been shut down."

cwutididthar?

"Michael Morhaime, CEO of Blizzard, stated earlier today the Titan project has been shut down."

cwutididthar?
    Wait, what? I'm confused. Are you attacking the quote from Kotick or Gamespot...or neither. Because that post makes no sense.

cwutididthar?
    Unless I completely misunderstood the OP, this thread was meant to be about speculating on what Blizzard could do to make Titan a more casual MMO.

This isn't a news post on a major blog, this is a thread in a forum, and the OP isn't claiming that it's a hard fact that Blizzard is going to make Titan more casual. Stop overreacting and trying to derail the thread, please.

All of that said, I've been hearing the same stuff all over the net. It only makes sense that they would want to make another MMO with a casual appeal in order to bring in as many customers as possible. Here's hoping for customizable mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Wait, what? I'm confused. Are you attacking the quote from Kotick or Gamespot...or neither. Because that post makes no sense.
    I'm pretty sure his saying anyone can make something up and claim it as fact - So untill it comes from blizzard then nothing should be considered true.

just my two cents. - But still i'm hoping titan when its released gives me that same buzz that WoW did back in the day.

but it came from activision. the guy was just an idiot trying to look smart.. nuff said. thanks krosork but i want to hear more on what people think about casual

Based on Koticks statements an opinions from a number of people with tons of experience in the industry (i.e. people who are usually right about stuff), the game has a good shot at being a more casual MMO.

Does that mean that it is guaranteed to be a casual MMO? No
    Does that mean it's likely? Yes
    Do we know exactly what is meant by "casual" (i.e. how casual)? No

Deleted
    Didn't ensemble studios have a Halo mmo that was codenamed Titan?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see with what it turns out to be and what it'll be like. xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    I keep hearing that it's going to be more casual and have a broader appeal then WoW was. What else could they do?

Hopefully it actually has an epic world in it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYK_Gqyf48Y) WoW is more of just queue and farm some boring heroics and then do an epic raid once a week
    Pretty sure that's what end game is all about. That happens in 99.99% of all mmo's has nothing to do with being casual or hardcore. Also, casual and hardcore are the same people, some just have more time than the others. As for Titan, one can only hope it's truely 100% new, not content that we've seen in WoW before, but before I even want to speculate on that, I just wanna know at least the environments worlds and universe we will be in. Most likely small details that will be announced at Blizzcon.

i really like blizz's games , I have played warcraft , diablo ,starcraft and wow. if they release Titan , i must buy at once.....

There is a more substantial Titan thread going with all of the information currently known about the game and sourced back to actual interviews with Blizzard officials.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nd-speculation

It would probably be more productive to keep the discussion on that thread.

How can it be any more "casual" than WoW currently is? Epics are handed out for free, everyone can see all of the content with only minor effort.

if its any more casual then wow it will be how this guy wants his game...roosterteeth ftw!!