Prot Paladin - Baleroc

So, my guild recently killed Baleroc, and I was the Decimation tank.

Been wondering, since decimation blade's damage cannot be mitigated, I was wondering if avoidance stacking would be somewhat viable for this fight? We can't reduce the incoming damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes,avoidance-stacking is not only absolutely viable, but extremely desirable for the deci-blade tank... you can evade all 2-3 decimation-blade hits if you're lucky enough, saving your healers some 750k dmg they would have had to heal.

on a slightly different point:
    it actually happened to me sometimes that i would evade the decimation blade effect with just *blocked* showing up on my screen - i mean, parry and dodge are normal methods of heavy-hit-evasion... but.. block? Oo
    anyone had that happen to themselves and care to elaborate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post
    yes,avoidance-stacking is not only absolutely viable, but extremely desirable for the deci-blade tank... you can evade all 2-3 decimation-blade hits if you're lucky enough, saving your healers some 750k dmg they would have had to heal.

on a slightly different point:
    it actually happened to me sometimes that i would evade the decimation blade effect with just *blocked* showing up on my screen - i mean, parry and dodge are normal methods of heavy-hit-evasion... but.. block? Oo
    anyone had that happen to themselves and care to elaborate?
    I noticed that a time or two myself. I certainly got the full 90% hits much more often than my block %, though, so this is probably some sort of bug.
    "Let's eat Grandpa!"
    "Let's eat, Grandpa!
    PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES

Absolutely. Our druid tank dodged about 2 of 3 decimations every time.

What we do, <Blades of Wrath> is tank swap every two stacks. For every Decimation Blade we both take two hits. The first tank in that rotation will use a Guardian Spirit or Ardent Defender. I.E, life saver what have you. Though I have parried a few of the strikes.

The best tips I can give is using any trinket CD. I.E, Dodge/Parry or Ardent Defender to completely protect yourself from a chance of death.
    Last edited by Inclusion; 2011-07-05 at 08:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    we just used one tank, our bear. he certainly dodged a few of the decimation blade attacks, at the best times too(though i guess any decimation dodge is a good time)

i see no reason why a pally couldnt do the same.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    we just used one tank, our bear. he certainly dodged a few of the decimation blade attacks, at the best times too(though i guess any decimation dodge is a good time)

i see no reason why a pally couldnt do the same.
    I tanked the whole thing myself. Both ardent defender and lay on hands can be utilitised pretty effectively too.

15+ Year Old Account
    lay on hands can be utilitised pretty effectively too.
    yeah..as long as you watch out for the heal-debuff thats being placed by a non-evaded Decimation Blade

*slaps himself silly*