Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    You should know its about squeezing performance out of the CPU :P
    Using purely imaginary numbers...

If CPU A has a benchmark score of 100 and CPU B has a benchmark score of 50 to start with but overclocks whopping 50% reaching a score of 75, it's still whole boatload of crap compared to A.

Not aimed to Saithes, but the thread in general.

Not really impressed by any overclocking results anymore after seeing what the Sandy Bridges can do, just want to see raw and uncensored scores before and after OC.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Using purely imaginary numbers...

If CPU A has a benchmark score of 100 and CPU B has a benchmark score of 50 to start with but overclocks whopping 50% reaching a score of 75, it's still whole boatload of crap compared to A.

Not aimed to Saithes, but the thread in general.

Not really impressed by any overclocking results anymore after seeing what the Sandy Bridges can do, just want to see raw and uncensored scores before and after OC.
    Yeah true haha. I'm getting pissed about all this damn secrecy behind Bulldozer. By now you'd expect AMD would either be showing it off if it'll truly live up to its name or do what they're doing now and hide everything because they may be ashamed? lol... This shit is just getting ridiculous.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Yeah true haha. I'm getting pissed about all this damn secrecy behind Bulldozer. By now you'd expect AMD would either be showing it off if it'll truly live up to its name or do what they're doing now and hide everything because they may be ashamed? lol... This shit is just getting ridiculous.
    I don't recall much more information being out for Nehalem or Sandy Bridge until a couple months before they were actually being sold.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I don't recall much more information being out for Nehalem or Sandy Bridge until a couple months before they were actually being sold.
    There was stuff out as early as September prior to release for Sandybridge. Intel also featured Nehalem in early to mid 2008 prior to its release in Q4'08/Q1'09.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2011-07-05 at 05:13 PM.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    There was stuff out as early as September prior to release for Sandybridge. Intel also featured Nehalem in early to mid 2008 prior to its release in Q4'08/Q1'09.
    But there wasn't much in the way of benchmark information then. No more than the miniscule amount we currently have for Zambezi.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    But there wasn't much in the way of benchmark information then. No more than the miniscule amount we currently have for Zambezi.
    AMD waited until less than a month before the original release date to give anything at all and even with that info we're no closer than when they announced Bulldozer back in 2006. We did have benchmarks of Nehalem before release. On the Intel forums the marketing rep(forget his name it was too long ago) posted tons of 3DMark, wPrime, SuperPi benchmarks of Nehalem comparing them to a Skulltrail system. Sandybridge had the same treatment.

Deleted
    True there wasn't. But Intel were very confident about their product to the point that they advised consumers who were in the market for a new PC to simply wait for their SB launch. This was before any benchmarks were released. Other than the Cougar point saga, SB's launch was also right on time. AMD's Bulldozer launch was expected near June time. Tapei's showcasing event has come and gone and still nothing concrete from AMD.