Uh, yep, that's what I said.
    oh God I'm getting lost. XD
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    what is your resolution? for fullhd(1920*1080/1200) the cards is good, for 1680*1050 a 6870 would be enough
    take a quality 450-550w psu
    16gb of ram is too much for gaming, 4gb are fine but you can take 8gb because they are dirt cheap atm

as already mentioned, a sandy bridge cpu+mobo would be way faster

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Sandy Bridge.

edit: gd 30 second spam timer...-_-
    <3 your god damnit Deltrus edit reason is so loving and I love you too. :P hhahaahhaa
    "A flower.

Oh btw guys he has no intention of overclocking!

You should swap your motherboard for p8p67 Pro if you can afford and as others have already suggested try get an i5 2500k (make sure not just 2500 as you can easily overclock to 4 ghz on the 2500k version)

Edit: Just read he has no intentions of overclocking but it's been made so easy on the new intel K's, 2 minute job..

10+ Year Old Account
    Also.... with only Windows 7 Home Premium your computer can only use/recognize up to 8GB of RAM. The other 8 would be a 100% waste.

Windows 7 Professional: 16GB of RAM.
    Windows 7 Ultimate: 192GB of RAM.

Yup, for all those times you're going to have the option of 192GB of RAM on a non-server board. ;p
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by lorx View Post
    what is your resolution? for fullhd(1920*1080/1200) the cards is good, for 1680*1050 a 6870 would be enough
    take a quality 450-550w psu
    16gb of ram is too much for gaming, 4gb are fine but you can take 8gb because they are dirt cheap atm

as already mentioned, a sandy bridge cpu+mobo would be way faster
    I chose to get 16gb ram because he might want to run multiple WoW's and/or other heavy duty programs at once without lag. My thoughts were better safe than sorry ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmlol View Post
    You should swap your motherboard for p8p67 Pro if you can afford and as others have already suggested try get an i5 2500k (make sure not just 2500 as you can easily overlclock to 4 ghz on the 2500k version)
    Yeah he JUST said his friend does not have any intention of overclocking, so nawp. He could get an H67 + 2500 NON K CPU and still beat out the AMD CPU by miles.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    That case is going to cook your internals! The antec 300 is perfect for keeping everything cool.

and the V.Card is great but you'll regret not going for the 6970 or at least plan on unlocking that card into the 6970. The hdd is fine too, but i strongly recommend getting another one perhaps smaller and ssd if you can afford it but if not that's fine, just put the OS on a separate hdd than where the bulk of your data is going go. If the OS gets corrupted then you wont have to lose all your stuff reformating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaild0rf View Post
    I chose to get 16gb ram because he might want to run multiple WoW's and/or other heavy duty programs at once without lag. My thoughts were better safe than sorry ^^
    Let's say he got Windows 7 Professional so he could actually use those 16GB of RAM.... he'd still have a very hard time even using 8. It's tough to get 1 open WoW to even use 1GB of RAM. You need a boatload of heavy duty addons to pull that off. He'll be fine with 8 as I suggested.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    you should look for somewhere else to buy....

i've made the exact same system for 170€ less^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    That case is going to cook your internals! The antec 300 is perfect for keeping everything cool.

and the V.Card is great but you'll regret not going for the 6970 or at least plan on unlocking that card into the 6970. The hdd is fine too, but i strongly recommend getting another one perhaps smaller and ssd if you can afford it but if not that's fine, just put the OS on a separate hdd than where the bulk of your data is going go. If the OS gets corrupted then you wont have to lose all your stuff reformating.
    jeez dude, did you read his whole post? They're looking at a 1k budget, a 6970 and SSD, plus even maybe another HDD? That'll add up SUPER fast. So no. With the Windows 7 Home Premium OEM disk there, the budget essentially drops to $900 for the computer parts itself, I think he'll be fine with a 6950, it's a great card. He doesn't need the 6970 - much less an SSD.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Also.... with only Windows 7 Home Premium your computer can only use/recognize up to 8GB of RAM. The other 8 would be a 100% waste.

Windows 7 Professional: 16GB of RAM.
    Windows 7 Ultimate: 192GB of RAM.

Yup, for all those times you're going to have the option of 192GB of RAM on a non-server board. ;p

So with a Windows 7 Home Premium I should opt for 8gb max? ^^

Edit : Nvm you beat me to it

Well so you're somewhat aware as to performance I have roughly the same build with
    P8p67 LE (Shoulda got pro)
    I5 2400 (Shoulda got K)
    8 gig ram
    550 TI gfx card

With that on everything ultra and /Console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4 there's not a problem FPS wise in raids / dungeons, although cities can be a bit slow to load all characters and stuff. (Hence why i should've got the 2500k or so for another 1.2 GHZ or so)

Plays crysis 2 etc on ultra perfect..

With all that said 1000 Euro = 898£ so you should make sure you're ordering from the cheapest place as it seems a little steep for this price. (Maybe try a family run local PC shop?)
    Last edited by hmmlol; 2011-07-05 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Illiterate when i drink :x

Deleted
    seeing as you most likely missed my post

[FONT=arial, helvetica, 'liberation sans', 'dejavu sans condensed', sans-serif]

[/FONT]

yes I read he doesnt want to OC, but the 2400 is only 20 euros cheaper, so i dont see a point in getting the 2400.
    There is room for an extra cpu cooler, windows 7, maybe an extra 4 gb of ram.

You can chose another mobo if you like. But i heard good things from asrock so why not

edit: Link for the list, so its easier to check shops.

http://tweakers.net/gallery/307637?w...#tab:wenslijst

Thank you so much for the input guys, I don't want to make my friend buy anything less than he should get for his money ofc ^^

I made another setup for 90eu less, with the i5 2500k and a z68. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Looks solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    seeing as you most likely missed my post

[FONT=arial, helvetica, 'liberation sans', 'dejavu sans condensed', sans-serif]

[/FONT]

yes I read he doesnt want to OC, but the 2400 is only 20 euros cheaper, so i dont see a point in getting the 2400.
    There is room for an extra cpu cooler, windows 7, maybe an extra 4 gb of ram.

You can chose another mobo if you like. But i heard good things from asrock so why not

edit: Link for the list, so its easier to check shops.

http://tweakers.net/gallery/307637?w...#tab:wenslijst
    Thanks mate ^^ The reason I chose alternate though, is that they assemble stuff for you, and I have good experiences with Alternate so far

Deleted
    go to another shop...... unless you wanna stick to alternate.

Get another psu, corsair or seasonic imo

edit:

Well, a lot of shops assemble pcs. But altho alternate has a lot, they are also quite expensive imo
    Last edited by mmoc24391763c2; 2011-07-05 at 04:53 PM. Reason: reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    go to another shop...... unless you wanna stick to alternate.

Get another psu, corsair or seasonic imo

edit:

Well, a lot of shops assemble pcs. But altho alternate has a lot, they are also quite expensive imo
    Ok I switched out the Aerocool for a Corsair CMPSU-750HX, I'm wondering though, why?