Razer Carcharias

I've been looking for a good headset to use for a while. I'm very picky when I go to buy accessories that aren't extremely cheap. I'm currently only using the iPod headphones, and they really suck! After looking around for a while, the one I see to be most appealing is Razer Carcharias. I've only ever used the Naga as a Razer product, but I am very happy with that. I have heard mixed reviews about the Carcharias, and was wondering what you guys thought about :

- Comfortability
    - Sound Quality
    - Sturdiness (I drop things a lot, my Naga refuses to break)
    - Does it hurt your head at high volume?
    - Can I hear whats going on outside of my headset?
    - Can others hear what's going on inside my headset?
    - Overall microphone quality and voice filtering (I get complaints a lot about how loud I type)

Thanks!

EDIT : If not the Carcharias, then what would you suggest? <3
    Last edited by Aerrus; 2011-07-05 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer headsets aren't amazing. I'd say the best gaming oriented headset is the Steelseries Sibera V2 USB. I have Turtle Beach DX11s, and they're not awful, but I've had my share of issues with them.

I have experience with both the Carcharias and Megalodons (basically USB/7.1 version of the Carcharias). They didn't exactly blow my mind with greatness, but I definitely enjoy them. I have only owned some low-mid grade Logitech and Turtle Beach headsets in the past that have served me well so I don't have much to compare them to. I will say the Carcharias/Megalodons are extremely comfortable, but more often than not, comfort can be a personal preference as well. In the end it all really depends on your budget. Carcharias are somewhere in the upper middle range while I consider the Megalodons a tad pricey. Personally, I'd stick with my Razer's, but if you venture into the upper end of headsets I've heard good things about the Logitech G35.

I own a pair. The noise cancellation isn't great, they can easily be heard from a distance. Everything else is great imo. They are pretty sturdy, but at one point my left headphone went out and I had to get a replacement