[TV] Looking for a new series

Hello dear readers,

Well the post is pretty simple.Its like the title says, I'm looking for a new series to watch and was hoping to find smthing similar to Game of Thrones or Spartacus. Any suggestions ?

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Hello dear readers,

Well the post is pretty simple.Its like the title says, I'm looking for a new series to watch and was hoping to find smthing similar to Game of Thrones or Spartacus. Any suggestions ?
    trueblood. the books are decent but the show is nice. and lotsa nekkid anna.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard "Rome" was pretty good. Its a HBO show like Game of Thrones. I have not seen it myself though.

Deleted
    Rome is good, but more historic than any of the previous ones.

While there aren't a huge number of history/fantasy shows out there I can recommend:

Pillars of Earth: Also based on a popular book about the building of the Cathedral of Kingsbridge. Very similar style to GoT.

Starz - Camelot: Was competing with GoT and while not nearly as epic, it does have a unique flavor. 1 season s far.

The Tudors: Show about Henry the...8th (iirc) and his many wives. Elaborate sets for a TV show and very popular. Lots of politics and intrigues. 4 seasons

BBCs Robin Hood: A tongue in cheek British spin on the Robin Hood legend. Doesn't take itself too seriously but is still epic enough to tell a great story with memorable characters. 3 Seasons.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-07-06 at 01:52 AM.