Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Need a new MMO. Now.

So, I've stopped playing WoW, well... Playing on a private server, lol'ing around in arena atm, but I do not enjoy it anymore and I'm looking for something else to play, preferably without a monthly sub as it's only supposed to hold me and my buddies busy until D3 or GW2 hits the stores.

Any ideas? Please post them here! =D

A game with alot of PvP would be awesome, but not necessary =) Just something that you can casually play for a while, and not needing to play 5h a day every day every week =/

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is supposedly the #2 MMO right now, maybe give that a spin?
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Too bad you can't be reported to Blizzard

Deleted
    Yeah, but the monthly fee is not helping it right now =/

Only one that comes to mind is GW acctually. But there are som free like FLYFF that doesn't cost money

Deleted
    you have PvP in SC2.

but seriously, you can play vs people in SC2 too. it's good, fun and challenge!

I stopped playing MMORPG's entirely about a year ago. I spent too much time on WoW, put too much devotion into it to simply start over again on a different game. I also realized that I found MMORPG's to be my second job, and I wasn't having any fun with them anymore. They demanded me to be on at said time, to said time, and earn "DKP" to get "Rewards" that would be obsolete in a few moneys. It's...a...job...

When I quit, I found I was open to do so many more things without feeling obligated to stay with them when I got bored.

The description of what you're looking for sounds like GW to me. No sub, lots of PVP and since you'll be playing GW2 you'll have some sort of items, rewards or some shit carry over I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto View Post
    Another person who posts on MMO forums that doesn't play an MMO. I don't think I'll ever get this. And no, I don't think "I'm here for my friends" or whatever really makes much sense.
    I don't play WoW anymore either.

There's a reason my bookmarks are set to the Video Games and General Off-Topic Sections. I don't need to play WoW to talk about topics that aren't related to it.

I don't think you'll ever get it because you're slow.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another person who posts on MMO forums that doesn't play an MMO. I don't think I'll ever get this. And no, I don't think "I'm here for my friends" or whatever really makes much sense.
    MMO-C > Forum > Off-Topic Forums Just because I, and many others, quit WoW doesn't mean we have less of a reason to be here.

OT: Rift is fun when you have people to play it with. Get's a little less enjoyable when you're by yourself. I say move on from the MMO genre for awhile.

I'm here for the 3500 Pages of Ponies!

But seriously, if you stalk me, you will find that I never post in the WoW Threads, just the Off-Topic Threads.

Deleted
    Countless MMOs have gone F2P recently and there should be plenty of opportunities to try out new games.

Just watch the BFF Report to get an idea of what current F2P games are out there.

If you prefer classic single player games, give "The Witcher 2" a shot or try Portal 2.

Here's a list on metacritics on the more recent PC releases: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/gam...s/pc/metascore

Deleted
    Cheers for all the answers =P I'll check out Rift, and maybe Guild Wars =)

Your description sounds like Guild Wars would be the perfect game, it's a change from WoW for sure.

There's a sale on Steam right now where you can get the first 3 campaigns for 15$ together and the expansion for 10$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift or GW. Both are hot and on sale right now.

Deleted
    Guild Wars is really quite a steal at the moment. Get it !

Off topic forums, cheers!

Also, I suggest GW as well.

Aion has lots of pvp but its kinda lame lol

Alot of ppl don't play MMOs and still stay here. Oddly enough you could not touch this game for a year and still be able to speak on the issues that come up because they are always the same.

"OMG THIS CLASS IS OP or underpowered or faceroll"
    "Something is too hard or too easy"
    "Casualz r bad"
    "Hardcores r bad"

The wow topics are pretty much almost always the exact same, and have been for the past couple of years lol.

if your bored of WoW don't go to rift, you'll just be wasting you and your friends time and money.
    rifts pvp balance doesn't exist.
    and the titular rifts might aswell be a guy randomly poking you in the back of your head with a stick, at first bearable... then infuriating.

spiral knights is a MMO hack and slash, just read up and work together once you reach T2 just work on making a pile of money.