Deleted

Frame rate problems :/ help ?

Cpu: Pentium dual core E5300 2.60GHz

MotherBoard: Asus P5KPL-AM IN/GB

Ram: DDR2 4096 Mbytes

Gpu: Radeon HD 5830 1GB GDDR5

So here's my problem, my wow will run at around 20fps and maybe 25 at the recommended settings which is high and im pretty sure that really low for my computer and I have tried disabling all my ad-dons, running no background programs but still no difference and its really starting to bug me, and im pretty sure that i have my drivers on my graphics card up to date. Does any one know what the problem could be ? Could really do with some help cause its really starting to annoy me a lot! Thank you

I find that after a new patch, I need to do the following...

If you haven't already done so, download an addon that lets you activat/deactivate addons without the need to log out. I use 'addon control pannel' for this. Also make sure your addons are all updated, and watch out for ones no longer being maintained.

Now, before you log onto a toon, disable all your addons, exept for the addon control pannel.

Literally, one by one, re-enable all yr addons. Enable an addon, run around abit in org/sw see how yr frame rates go. Keep doing this with all until you find an addon that slows yr framerates. This will prob be the culprit.

I understand my answer is only biased towards addon failures, but I thought I would give you my two cents worth as I have managed to get rid of unforgiving addons this way each patch

To add to this I would concentrate on addons which use the combat log in any form (bossmods, buff/debuff mods, scrolling combat text,
    damagemeters,...). There was a change in 4.2 in WoW which might cause the behaviour you mention. You might also look at a memory and performance profiler addon (like for example is contained in TitanBar), if you see an addon constantly getting larger and larger chunks of memory, this is not unlikely to be the culprit. A friend of mine who had the same problem found it by doing this.

15+ Year Old Account
    actually, I would say that on high settings, 20-30 FPS is all about you'd be getting with that setup.

Your CPU and memory are actually bogging down your graphics card alot as well as your motherboard. the pentium dual-core models have very low cache and your memory, while you might have 4GB of it, may not as fast as a single 1GB stick of the newer DDR3 memory.

I believe wow mostly uses your graphics card as the benchmark for your recommended settings, and that might be why it is recommending high settings, you're probably most likely closer to medium settings.

However, if this is a recent problem, I would try messing around with shadow settings and water settings, as those settings like to affect ATI cards quite often.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

He said he already tried disabling the addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.