Page 1 of 3
LastLast

25man guilds killing 10man content for world firsts

I had a look, but I couldn't see a post about this anywhere...

All three guilds that have killed at least three heroic bosses so far are self proclaimed "hardcore 25 man guilds", yet both Vodka and Blood Legion have decided to go for a 10man instance for this weeks progress. Only Premonition have set a 25man raid.

This does seem rather strange to me. I guess most fights in Firelands lead themselves to be slightly easier on 10man, but it sets a very dangerous precedent.

What are you views on this? Do you think that if a guild calls itself a 25man guild, then they should be that (talking top end progression here)? Or should they only compete in their "bracket", as it were. I mean obviously a guild is free to chose and do what it pleases, still... seems a bit cheap...

They did not go 10 man, even if wowprogress is saying so. You can check the guilds armory pages if you want to know for sure, 6 peices of loot and of some bosses 3 tokens means they definatly did do 25 mans :P

what does it matter atleast they killed bosses on herioc and made progress with their guild. It's all about killing bosses and making progress. does not matter if they go 25 on some and 10 on others, only thing is that its important for those guilds they reach top 10-100 or realm first.

Quote Originally Posted by reutis View Post
    what does it matter atleast they killed bosses on herioc and made progress with their guild. It's all about killing bosses and making progress. does not matter if they go 25 on some and 10 on others, only thing is that its important for those guilds they reach top 10-100 or realm first.
    Excatly what he has said... who cares if its 10m or 25m... doesnt matter how you win aslong as you win imo(well without cheating of course)
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Hmm, interesting that wowprogress has the kills registered as 10man kills.
    Looking at armoury and screenshots however they've clearly been done on 25man.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just like at the start of cata, most of the progression reporting sites have a hard time distinguishing 10 man raids from 25 man raids. My guild has killed a few bosses so far, all on 25 man and both wowprogress and guildox show them as 10 man kills. Wowprogress just developed a way to verify 25 vs 10 man, but it requires the guild to do it and to find 12 people (for 25 man kills) with the same kill date to qualify a kill as 25 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what raid size it was killed in so long as it was killed. The only thing is if it was actually 10 man's they killed (armory showing 25 man number of loot dropped) that would make them a 10/25 guild, as apposed to a 25 guild. Not an exploit, just a "this fight is easier in 10/25," which as we all know is true (I'm looking at you, H Al'akir).

they register at first as 10m because not enough people logged out. they are in fact 25 though.

WoWprogress is bugged for some reason, they are doing 25m kills, not 10m

Quote Originally Posted by twopac187 View Post
    Just like at the start of cata, most of the progression reporting sites have a hard time distinguishing 10 man raids from 25 man raids. My guild has killed a few bosses so far, all on 25 man and both wowprogress and guildox show them as 10 man kills. Wowprogress just developed a way to verify 25 vs 10 man, but it requires the guild to do it and to find 12 people (for 25 man kills) with the same kill date to qualify a kill as 25 man.
    Good explanation, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd View Post
    I had a look, but I couldn't see a post about this anywhere...
    All kills here, be great if people can update that thread during the day with random kills. Method and FTH already 1/7.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/932789-Random-Updates-with-Firelands-Heroic-Progress

Last edited by freelapdance; 2011-07-06 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Still baddies, who raid 10 man, who did not raid 25 man before because they were not good enough for that guilds, will claim, that 10 man is waaaaaay harder....because they raid 10 man and don't down bosses like the good 25 man guilds, but never raided 10 and 25 man in this addon...long story, whateverI think it's much cheaper than the Faction CHange for World Firsts.
    10 mans harder

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    10 mans harder
    Says the 10man raider. 10man is beyond lame (regardless of difficulty). Do it right and app to a 25man guild.

Deleted
    Still baddies, who raid 10 man, who did not raid 25 man before because they were not good enough for that guilds, will claim, that 10 man is waaaaaay harder....because they raid 10 man and don't down bosses like the good 25 man guilds, but never raided 10 and 25 man in this addon...long story, whatever
    Laughable post.

1. They killed the bosses in 25-man.
    2. T11 was clearly harder in 10-man.

If you would do your research before making assumptions you'd go look at websites and notice that Blood Legion had 25 players. The only one that you really can't tell if it's 10 or 25 man is Beth'tilac.

These were 25 man kills. you can see for each kill they get the extra loot.

Also I raided both 10s and 25s in T11 and I guarentee you the majority of the fights were much harder on 10 and faceroll on 25.

We have yet to see for this tier. I do know that although trivial 10man shannox and beth are easier than 25 man beth and shannox (reg).

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Laughable post.

After the nerf to the overtuned bosses in 10 man only Sinestra remained harder on 10. All the other heroic bosses were of "Laughable" difficulty on 10 man compared to 25 post-nerf. The only reason people even say 10 was harder was because they were overtuned at the start, that got changed within a month. I'm not saying they were easy. I'm saying they were easier than their 25 man counterparts. Don't take it the wrong way.

sorry but this thread fails on so many points.i'll just quote someone above
    Laughable post.

also have you even tried T12 in 10 man heroic ? no you didn't for sure.anyway yes in this tier the 10 mans are indeed easier still better than the overtuned t11 10 man fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldobar View Post
    Says the 10man raider. 10man is beyond lame (regardless of difficulty). Do it right and app to a 25man guild.
    25 elitists are hilarious

just like last teir right, 25 was SOOO much harder then 10

oh wait...it wasn't.

lmao

Beth'tilac 10man heroic adds have the same health as Beth'tilac 25man heroic adds.

So yea, no. I'm pretty sure that Blizzard overtunes 10mans on purpose for the start of tiers so that 25mans aren't forced to downsize to stay competitive.

---------- Post added 2011-07-06 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    sorry but this thread fails on so many points.i'll just quote someone above

also have you even tried T12 in 10 man heroic ? no you didn't for sure.anyway yes in this tier the 10 mans are indeed easier still better than the overtuned t11 10 man fights.
    Normal modes being easier =/= real modes being easier.