Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking For a Graphics Card for BF3/COD3

So im preping for the end of the year games and I want to get a card that works with my build(650 psu) and will play it all at max. My budget is 300-400. I would prefer to stay with ati if possible but I'm looking for the best option. If you think I should just wait a few months i'll be happy to hear that as well. Thank you for your time.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want the best value for your money, wait until the game is closer, who knows we could even see a few new video cards by the time BF3 is in our hands.

Given your system (I like to pair AMD video cards with AMD CPUs) I would get a Radeon 6970 based on your budget.

Onboard graphics will play Cod3 trolololol jk jk
    On Topic:
    I'd also suggest a 6970 if you want AMD, the 2gb model from xfx, they tend to have nice support.
    Intruders detected. Primary defense matrix initiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If I could sleep next to a running vacuum cleaner, I woudn't care. I cannot, therefore, I care.

Deleted
    COD3? Any GPU will do.
    Don't be fooled there, It's MW3.

Both games are not released yet, and thus we can't provide you any advice at this point, but MW3 will obviously require less punch than BF3.

Deleted
    New GPUs are expected to be released (or at the minimum, more information about them) around the time of BF3 release.

Furthermore, Dice have claimed that no current computer (with any degree of sensibility) can run the game maxed out. You'll preferably want to wait for the next gen cards which will sport more power, and will certainly receive numerous optimizations to run the game even better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's put it like this.

GTX 560/HD 6870 and up will most likely play BF3 on max at 60+ fps without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Furthermore, Dice have claimed that no current computer (with any degree of sensibility) can run the game maxed out. You'll preferably want to wait for the next gen cards which will sport more power, and will certainly receive numerous optimizations to run the game even better.
    Where have you heard that? When making statements like that you should like to a source.

You wont need the newest 600/7000 series to run BF3 on max (since it were running on max with 1 GTX 580 without any problems at E3).
    Last edited by nalle; 2011-07-06 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Dice have claimed that no current computer (with any degree of sensibility) can run the game maxed out

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Let's put it like this.

GTX 560/HD 6870 and up will most likely play BF3 on max at 60+ fps without any problems.
    Have you actually looked at any footage Nalle? No 560 or 6870 is gonna push that kind of graphics at 1920x1080/x16/60

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Have you actually looked at any footage Nalle? No 560 or 6870 is gonna push that kind of graphics at 1920x1080/x16/60
    It will.

My old GTX260 runs BC2 on all max at 60+, and BF3 will be better optimized then BC2 for starters.

You wont need the newest series of GPUs to run BF3 on max (but sure go ahead and spend twice the amount needed if you want to).

It will.

My old GTX260 runs BC2 on all max at 60+, and BF3 will be better optimized then BC2 for starters.

You wont need the newest series of GPUs to run BF3 on max (but sure go ahead and spend twice the amount needed if you want to).
    Better optimized doesn't mean more FPS for starters. Nobody knows what you exactly need for it to run at max settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will.

Let's use Witcher as an example. 580's aren't even getting 60+ FPS maxed out... So...

Where have you heard that? When making statements like that you should like to a source.

You wont need the newest 600/7000 series to run BF3 on max (since it were running on max with 1 GTX 580 without any problems at E3).
    It was in atomic magazine but heres a thread about it
    http://www.overclock.net/video-game-...ification.html

He went on to claim that the computer that will be able to run BF3 on Full settings has yet to be Built.
    Also at E3 they were useing a 580 in the computers, i dont think a 560 will run it at max with 60 fps

It will.

I agree with this fellow. Since this guy can play BC2 maxed out in 800x600, you obviously won't need more than a GTX 560 (non-Ti) or even something as high-end as the 9600 GS to max out BF3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I agree with this fellow. Since this guy can play BC2 maxed out in 800x600, you obviously won't need more than a GTX 560 (non-Ti) or even something as high-end as the 9600 GS to max out BF3.
    I love you.

Gaming on 800x600 totally rocks!

Diablo 2 manual
    "Now in 800x600 resolution, Its amazing!!"

Deleted
    So the OP is worrying that crossfire 5770's isnt good enough for BF3?

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Let's use Witcher as an example. 580's aren't even getting 60+ FPS maxed out... So...
    That's also taking into consideration Ubersampling, which, it may be just because my lower resolution I play at 1400x900, but I just didn't see much of a difference between that being on or off.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    So the OP is worrying that crossfire 5770's isnt good enough for BF3?
    Well currently I run wow at about 100fps except in crowded SW i drop to 50. In Portal 2 I for some reason drop to 30fps every so often. In Crysis 2 At mid settings im getting hieroglyphs anytime I have alot of fast action and can't stay above 60 fps, 40 being the avg sometimes lower. So if those games are doing that I can only imagine what BF3 will do. Chew it up and spit it out.

I guess I could be having driver issues. You uninstall old drivers, restart reinstall new ones, restart, then install CAP, then restart, correct?
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    In Crysis 2 At mid settings im getting hieroglyphs anytime I have alot of fast action and can't stay above 60 fps, 40 being the avg sometimes lower.
    Sorry, just to clarify.
    By hieroglyphs, do you mean artifacts? Or that the gaming-experience is more akin to slideshow than fluid gameplay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    Well currently I run wow at about 100fps except in crowded SW i drop to 50. In Portal 2 I for some reason drop to 30fps every so often. In Crysis 2 At mid settings im getting hieroglyphs anytime I have alot of fast action and can't stay above 60 fps, 40 being the avg sometimes lower. So if those games are doing that I can only imagine what BF3 will do. Chew it up and spit it out.I guess I could be having driver issues. You uninstall old drivers, restart reinstall new ones, restart, then install CAP, then restart, correct?
    I have a hard time believing your 955 @ 3,6 handles crowded sw at 50fps when my 965 @ 3,8 dips to 25 in front of AH.