10+ Year Old Account

Graphics card help

I have tried everthing I can to get the drivers for my radeon hd 4650 agp to work. When ever I install the drivers and restart my computer, right before the user login screen my screen goes a dark blue and freezes. Again I have tried installing and uninstalling many times with a few versions of the drivers. I use windows xp 32-bit.

Might just have a bad card (or one that went bad), either that or your power supply isn't supplying efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    Did you install the right driver for your AGP card?
    Are you positive that you have an AGP slot in your computer and not PCI express?
    Did you have previous graphics cards before this one?
    If so, did you uninstall the driver for that/those graphics card?
    Do you have enough power in your Power Supply? What's your PSU's specification? Watts and volts on 12v rail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Might just have a bad card (or one that went bad), either that or your power supply isn't supplying efficiently.
    I specificly bought a new 400watt power supply so the graphics card will work.

---------- Post added 2011-07-06 at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jennydroid View Post
    Did you install the right driver for your AGP card?
    Are you positive that you have an AGP slot in your computer and not PCI express?
    Did you have previous graphics cards before this one?
    If so, did you uninstall the driver for that/those graphics card?
    Do you have enough power in your Power Supply? What's your PSU's specification? Watts and volts on 12v rail?
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    Its a 400wat graphics card i have 400wat power supply,diablotek 400watt power supply, whats that?

Deleted
    I think you just have a bad card, the PSU should be enough for it. Can you return the graphics card?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I think you just have a bad card, the PSU should be enough for it. Can you return the graphics card?
    Its an issue with the drivers and im not the only pne whp has this porblem according to google.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlich View Post
    Its an issue with the drivers and im not the only pne whp has this porblem according to google.
    Have you tried installing a much older driver? Maybe one that is before the latest driver?