Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Because when a mage get stunned, they should obviously stay stunned and let their superior armour take the beating of melee classes... oh wait?

Well, you shouldn't be trying to stun early on a mage, it won't go so well. As said before, you have to force a blink before stunning. It can be difficult to do against a good frost mage as a pally, but not impossible. And its better in group pvp, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzest View Post
    To bad iceblock puts a debuff on the mage regaurdless of cold snap, they can't use it in succession.

---------- Post added 2011-07-06 at 04:09 PM ----------

Also, we have to kill a pally at least twice before they are really dead.
    Are you talking about ret? Because our mana pool cannot sustain the heals required to go back to full, let alone the duration of Bubble being too short for it as well.

LOLOLOLOL blood dks? seriously? they cant do shit against mages. change server and fight some real mages my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoran View Post
    Because when a mage get stunned, they should obviously stay stunned and let their superior armour take the beating of melee classes... oh wait?

Mages only have about 2500 armor less than leather classes, which translates to about 5% less physical mitigation.

Frost Armor gives you 15% physical mitigation. You're not making any sense.

Besides, the melee has to get through Ice Barrier, Shattered Barrier, Nova, Imp. CoC, Freeze, Deep Freeze, Ring of Frost, Ice Block and potentially Cold Snap first. Dispel? Sure, but now it's 2v1. And you still have to dispel through Frost Armor's Chilled proc and possibly the Mirror Images' Frostbolt Spam of Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    PvP isn't balanced for 1v1.
    Nor is it balanced around 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 etc.,

PVP isn't balanced.

If you have a silence, lining it up with a stun will render the mage imcapable of blinking. Personally, when I kill mages myself, I often do deep freeze + counterspell.

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Cataclysm pvp: Epic fail.!! Im stopped playing this shit 3 month a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-no View Post
    Me too, lol.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Oh man. People in this thread are terrible at PvP.

First of all. Complaining about ret paladins? RET PALADINS? Rofl.

Second. A skilled mage will generally kill a ret paladin, just too many escapes. But, you can do some things to even the odds. Like: judgment is a gap closer now. Use it well with hand of freedom to get face smashing. Repentance is for post blink. But you also can do some mean ranged damage if you pop wings. Hammer, exorcism, judge to get back in range etc.

You'll probably have to use all your "oh sh!t!" cooldowns to win and die by the next thing you fight, but that's apparently how paladins are designed now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    easy to say, so you are assuming the mage is an idiot and will waste his blink in stuff like repentance or charge or any kind of short cc?
    Well, considering
    1) this has been in-game since vanilla yet we have the OP complaining about it and
    2) mages, erm how to put this nicely, largely haven't been challenged at all in PvP
    the odds aren't too bad that the mage is a slightly less gifted person* as well.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2011-07-07 at 03:46 PM. Reason: //edit: *rephrased

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoran View Post
    That's what a warlock do.

Oh and portal is not usable while stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Obviously, based on this thread, it is 100% impossible to kill mages and no mage has ever died to the hands of another player.
    Welcome to Cata.

ot:Been this way since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's totally unfair another class has something I don't.

Apparently the game is balanced around 1v1 PvP.

Deleted
    I remmember how back in WLK it was easier to duel mages than any other casters out there.
    Good times, however instead of bringing casters to mage level, they just buffed instacasts for everyone and made this game absolute mess.

Still waiting for their announced interrupt/dispel changes, so that I can see they once again manage to screw something else that was working.
    Or maybe they'll finally balance PvP first and then do PvE. (Do not even attempt to say, nerfing 10% dmg is harder when you haven't even yet put health on dragons)

For example Cataclysm health pools were last minute fix.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2011-07-07 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidboyy View Post
    ok so i have noticed that mages can blink out of stuns i waste my hammer of justice on my pally on a mage and guess what they blink out of it same thing on my druid when i used maim i just dont think its fair that we waste like 5 second stuns and they just blink out of it which is totally not fair
    play a mage against a warrior or a rogue or a dk or a feral druid and after they stun you don't blink.
    then after 1.3 seconds that you will be dead come back here at this forums and tell us if blink is unfair.

the game is not balanced around 1v1
    retri paladins are not the only melee dps class and that means things cannot change in a way that will benefit you cause it will boost every other melee against mages to heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Some mages waste blink when you use http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20066 on them and hit them after.
    Yeah those mages are called 2400 rated arena. A good mage can control, lock down pallies easily.

---------- Post added 2011-07-07 at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Mages only have about 2500 armor less than leather classes, which translates to about 5% less physical mitigation.

Frost Armor gives you 15% physical mitigation. You're not making any sense.

Besides, the melee has to get through Ice Barrier, Shattered Barrier, Nova, Imp. CoC, Freeze, Deep Freeze, Ring of Frost, Ice Block and potentially Cold Snap first. Dispel? Sure, but now it's 2v1. And you still have to dispel through Frost Armor's Chilled proc and possibly the Mirror Images' Frostbolt Spam of Doom.
    Well said. As a lock and I'm sure priest can attest, we would love to have the abilities of frost mages to protect our little clothy butts.

---------- Post added 2011-07-07 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    PvP isn't balanced for 1v1.
    Drink Blizzard's Kool-aid. Blizzard knows when they started catering to arena folks that they created a mess and when people QQ'd they easily washed themselves of the matter by saying "pvp is not balanced 1v1". Of course that is impossible to do so they are right but its also Blizz easy way out of the issue. The well, duh part is yeah its going to be balanced for 3v3 you should have a team that compliments each other that goes for everything in life.

Just saying when one tree has so many counters and control and on top do very good damage its an OP spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr-no View Post
    And yet you're still here, posting on the PvP forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desminn View Post
    the 1 min hypothermia? ok.

freeze, cone of cold, frost nova, deep freeze, more blinks, ice armor....i mean shit take your pick that would easily cover the debuff. if your a frost mage and cant kite some one for a min+ your going to die regardless.
    All of this is only relevant in 1v1. Get a healer to spam a magic Dispel on you and, well, Frost Mages lose a lot of their effectiveness against melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    All of this is only relevant in 1v1. Get a healer to spam a magic Dispel on you and, well, Frost Mages lose a lot of their effectiveness against melee.
    Why is this even an argument? Are people too stupid to understand how wrong this question is? Yes, healers get to use every GCD dispelling and the mage's teammate(s) are doing nothing. I'm not sure what game you play but healers hardly ever get to spam dispel that much mainly because they shouldn't have time to be dispelling.
    War is peace Freedom is slavery Ignorance is strength