Deleted

if mages could have all talent trees filled what would be mage´s rotation?

single target and multitarget fights, im not smart enough to figure it out...help me with your theories

scorch, living bomb on cd, spam arcane blast, pyroblast on proc, pet freeze for fof then deep freeze
    Just a guess btw
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would only hot bar the skills pertinent to the 3 trees none of the filler just cooldowns lol.

Deleted
    Orb>Living Bomb>Freeze/DeepFreeze>Pyro and use Arcane as filler?

Opener: PoM-Pyro, mirrors, living bomb, FFO, freeze, deepfreeze, cold snap, deep freeze, FFO, Icey veins, Arcane blast spam.
    Priority rating: Scorch (for debuff), Deepfreeze (when off cooldown used in combination with freeze), Pyroblast (proc), FFO, Arcane blast.

Quote Originally Posted by elgato View Post
    Opener: PoM-Pyro, mirrors, living bomb, FFO, freeze, deepfreeze, cold snap, deep freeze, FFO, Icey veins, Arcane blast spam.
    Priority rating: Scorch (for debuff), Deepfreeze (when off cooldown used in combination with freeze), Pyroblast (proc), FFO, Arcane blast.
    You forgot Arcane Power and Combustion

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Deleted
    Not enough mana !

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebonzai! View Post
    With the infrequency of ignite procs in this rotation (them only coming from pryroblast crits) it really wouldn't be worth it to throw it in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebonzai! View Post
    and iv the first time :G

My face when I saw this:

Assuming that you got all the passive bonuses and masteries from each tree(And ergo stacking mastery), there's absolutely no way that Arcane Blast would beat Glyphed Frostfire Bolt, esp since it procs both FOF and improved hot scorch. (And benefitting from Brain Freeze Procs during Frostfire Orb)

Hell, it's probably worth it to Frostbolt every 15 sec with Early Frost anyways.
    Last edited by DrPancake; 2011-07-06 at 08:53 AM.

Haha =P funny.

If mages could have all the talents + summary bonuses... they would be so op =P... swapping FM giving 6% crit + 15% crit from PoM/Clearcasting 3x crit rate whenever they are frozen. icy veins 20% haste , arcane power 20% more dmg, Deep freeze and cold snap for another deepfreeze/icyveins etc. Theres gonna be so many instant FFB and pyroblasts with that. and frostfirebolt would be insane. dubble ice block, cauterize, instant invis, stunning poly, blink speed, blazing speed from both melee and spells... There is no word for how OP mages would be with that xD

Then again im sure other classes would be insane aswell if they had all points. blood dk with howling blast and slow a tank that never dies and can kite ya for ages with unholy shields that absorb spell dmg etc etc =P. but yea.

Dragon Soul 4/8 Heroic <Strife> Hellscream EU! ->Armory<-
    Proud owner of Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest!

Deleted
    Hmm that would be so much fun

First thought - LB > Frostfire bolt > Deep freeze (if procd) (frostfire bolt if procd) if none then ABlast > ABarrage

so many combinations :S

i like dis thread

It would be really fun to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    You would never have to Scorch, let me just get that out of the way. Also, you would not be able to cast Arcane Missiles at all, so I'd say you really wouldn't cast any Arcane spell, it would go back to being the tree it was in Vanilla/TBC: support for the other two. Your primary nuke would be FFB, oddly enough, since it would gain benefit from both Frost and Fire specializations, and it would proc Hot Streak, FoF, and Ignite.

My guess? PoM benefit pre-pull (casting it for the Crit bonus then clicking off the buff)-->AP-->Pyro-->LB-->Freeze-->IV-->FFO-->DF-->CS-->FFO-->DF-->FFB spam (refresh IV when the first one wears off).

Those Combustions would be pretty potent.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    You would never have to Scorch, let me just get that out of the way. Also, you would not be able to cast Arcane Missiles at all, so I'd say you really wouldn't cast any Arcane spell, it would go back to being the tree it was in Vanilla/TBC: support for the other two. Your primary nuke would be FFB, oddly enough, since it would gain benefit from both Frost and Fire specializations, and it would proc Hot Streak, FoF, and Ignite.

My guess? PoM benefit pre-pull (casting it for the Crit bonus then clicking off the buff)-->AP-->Pyro-->LB-->Freeze-->IV-->FFO-->DF-->CS-->FFO-->DF-->FFB spam (refresh IV when the first one wears off).

Those Combustions would be pretty potent.
    ^ This rotation is probably your best bet. If you are running out of mana during a boss fight, you can try jumping once or twice inbetween one of the spells

Arcane Blast.

That is all.

Under AoE conditions such as Halfus with whelps or any multiple targets with Combustion off CD, i would totally love Arcane Power, Icy Veins, Mana Gem and some fire spell spam to get one hell of Combustion rockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    I just fill all my 1-10 keybinds with arcane blast, arcane barrage, Frostfireball, pyroblast, deepfrezze, and all cds. Then just hit my face on keyboard and do a wild rotation xD