Help with new computer

I just got a new computer from cybpowerpc and it is working pretty good but i had a few questions i was hoping someone could answer.

First, i updated all the drivers, but it still says that my usb drivers are out of date but it cant find updates for them, should i worry about that bc my usb ports are working fine.

Second, I think there is something not right with my video card. When i tried playing Wings of Prey, it gave me some error message about not having enough memory for my video card, and i got a similar error message about memory when playing wow. Plus, wow isnt running on a much higher setting than my 3 yr old laptop, and my computer should be able to run on ultra. I know i havent given great detail on the errors, but is there anything i should do and can do to check my video card and make sure its working right.

Thanks,
    Flasper

I would say post what video card you are using so we can check if its fulfilling the minimum requirements to run these games. Also, there should be some kind of code when you receive a error message. Try copying that code and also post it here.

For now, I would say ignore that USB update. Try updating your video card's driver form the vendor and let us know if it makes any difference and more importantly post your PC specs especially your GPU.
    FPS News
    Latest First Person Shooter, First Person and FPS News .. Get daily updates!

CAS: * Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans

CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [-49] (BLACK COLOR)

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [-110]
    CS_FAN: Default case fans

FAN: Asetek 570LX Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) [-20]

FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

HDD: 750GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-46] (Single Hard Drive)

HDD2: 64 GB ADATA S501 V2 SATA III 6.0G/s Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+129] (Single Hard Drive)
    IEEE_CARD: None

MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)

MONITOR: 22" Widescreen 1920x1080 ViewSonic VG2228WM (Viewable 21.5 inch) LCD (Black Color) w/ Built-in D-Sub & DVI Input [+199]

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX MB w/ Lucid Virtu + Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)

MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    OS: * Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
    OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)
    POWERSUPPLY: * 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+76]

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card

WNC: Zonet ZEW1642S IEEE 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card [+29]

I dont remember what the error message was, when i get it again i will post it. I did update all my drivers from the AMD website

Edit: I tried making the info more readable, but with these specs my computer can't even run wow on high without a drop below 30 in the framerate, how can I check that everything is running how it is supposed to.

Edit2: When i use dxdiag to look up or go to System Information, it says that my display device is Intel (HD) Family, (that may not be exactly what it says but im at work right now so i cant check it), but I know my graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6900. Is this a problem?
    Last edited by flasper; 2011-07-07 at 01:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your post was caught by the mod filter. Reposting it 4 times doesn't help. In any case, I've approved the post, so here's a free bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Your post was caught by the mod filter. Reposting it 4 times doesn't help. In any case, I've approved the post, so here's a free bump.
    Sorry about that, my computer kept freezing up and I never got the message that i usually get saying that my post will need to be approved by a mod first. Thanks for catching it for me.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you experiencing this drop in frame rate?

And yes, dxdiag not detecting the video card is definitely a problem. I would assume at this point(since you've stated you've installed the drivers) that either the card is probably bad, came out of the slot during shipping, or power cable ran to it jarred loose during shipping.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Where are you experiencing this drop in frame rate?

And yes, dxdiag not detecting the video card is definitely a problem. I would assume at this point(since you've stated you've installed the drivers) that either the card is probably bad, came out of the slot during shipping, or power cable ran to it jarred loose during shipping.
    I was in elwynn forest where everyone was dueling. When the game first loaded it was set on Good and it was running fine, but i bumped it up to ultra to see how it would do and it dropped to 5-9 fps.

Ill check the actual card when i get home to see if something is loose, but when i go to System->Device manager->Display Adapters, it shows both the Intel and the AMD video card and when i try to update the card it says it is up to date. Would it be showing up their if something was faulty with it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you plug the monitor to motherboard or video card? There should be 2 options behind your computer, the lower one is video card.

I plugged the cord with the blue ends into my monitor and desktop, I only saw 1 place where it could go on both of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flasper View Post
    I plugged the cord with the blue ends into my monitor and desktop, I only saw 1 place where it could go on both of those.
    Then you probably plugged it into the VGA slot that would have been on the motherboard and not into a DVI slot on the graphics card. If your system didn't come with a VGA/DVI adapter(usually comes with graphic cards) you'll need to get one to connect the monitor to the card itself.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

It came with a few other cords (I apologize for not knowing the names of them). One was white on both ends and the other one was a USB on one end and it was square on the other end.

The first time i turned my computer on, it was only connected with the blue cord. Once it was on and running, i plugged the other 2 cords in. The white one does the same thing as the blue one (although the part that you insert looks different than the blue cord) so now I have the blue one plugged into my TV and the white one into my monitor.

10+ Year Old Account

Ok, thank you for the pic. However, last night when I was playing my comp was plugged in through the DVI while the VGA was hooked up to my TV. Should my computer be recognizing this automatically?

---------- Post added 2011-07-07 at 05:55 PM ----------

I just want to say thanks to everyone that helped me, I got my card working and it is awesome. Thank you very much

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flasper View Post
    Ok, thank you for the pic. However, last night when I was playing my comp was plugged in through the DVI while the VGA was hooked up to my TV. Should my computer be recognizing this automatically?
    If it doesn't you can always go to control panel -> hardware and sound -> display -> connect to a projector. Or maybe fix it in catalyst control center.