Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    I'm really going for ease of install, and knowing that the cooler will work... I'm not going to try and push a chip to the 5Ghz club... I'd be happy to have it stable at about 4.3 or 4.4 running at comfortable temps.

I will gladly add a second fan to the 212+. I was just wondering if the price difference was that worth it. If I can get the 212+ for $28.00 and a second fan for the $20.00 range, that all of a sudden makes it a $50.00 cooler instead of $30.00

So, if there's something in that $50.00 that is easy to install and works well, lay it on me! ^_^
    I remember reading somewhere that the 212+ didn't really benefit that much from having a second fan compared to other tower coolers.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks ^_^

After all of the feedback, unless something changes going down the timeline, come christmas time I'll likely have a 2500k with an a70 on it in my haf912 ^_^
    Wait...christmas?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Wait...christmas?
    I just got the i3 system this spring. I have my best friend's wedding to tend to in September (have to get him a nice gift - he's like a brother to me), as well as handle the bachelor party, travel arrangements, and the like. Best case scenario is bulldozer will come out in the fall, drop the SB prices slightly, and I'll make out like a bandit. I feel like waiting for ivybridge is too long for me (though I'd kind of like to), and the 2500k will perform beyond well enough for the time being.

The GF is buying me this as an X-mas present, and I in turn am buying her a motherboard and giving her the i3.

I am truly hoping to have all of this by late october, we do early Christmas a lot (because who wants to wait for computer upgrades?!) and nothing should really change too insanely in the next 3 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/revi...k_knight/4.htm

I'd rather go with facts and reviews than "luck" when recommending coolers, but that's just me.

Dark Knight is awful bang of the buck.
    Hence why I stated that there were a ton of options in that price range. It really is possible to reply to posts without being a total jackass, you know?