10+ Year Old Account

1 Button, 2 spells

Was just thinking about this tonight, is it possible to have 1 keybind for 2 spells?

Example: I press MB5 (Mouse Button 5) for Aspect of the Fox while I am currently in Hawk. Is it possible to make it go back into Hawk if I press it while in Fox?

You can make a /castsequence macro.

*Edit*
    To elaborate, the macro you're looking for would go something like:
    /castsequence Aspect of the Fox, Aspect of the Hawk
    Last edited by Dargon; 2011-07-07 at 05:09 AM.

I'm not familiar with how hunter aspects work, but I doubt this is possible, you can however add a modifier:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] Aspect of the Hawk; Aspect of the Fox
    This will put you in Aspect of the Fox if you just press MB5, and put you in Hawk if you press alt+MB5. Of course you can change that to shift or ctrl

I use

#showtooltip
    /cast !Aspect of the Hawk; !Aspect of the Fox

works well

/cast aspect of the hawk
    /cast aspect of the fox

very simple macro that i use to swap those two aspects. may look odd but i guarantee it works for how you want to use it. i also have #showtooltip aspect of the fox at the beginning but that is personal preference

Quote Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
    You can make a /castsequence macro.

*Edit*
    To elaborate, the macro you're looking for would go something like:
    /castsequence Aspect of the Fox, Aspect of the Hawk
    You could try it, but I doubt it will have the desired effect, as if you are already in Fox to begin with, it will try and cast Fox again and either it will waste a global "refreshing" Fox or it will produce some sort of error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by domzai View Post
    You could try it, but I doubt it will have the desired effect, as if you are already in Fox to begin with, it will try and cast Fox again and either it will waste a global "refreshing" Fox or it will produce some sort of error.
    With that, what it would do is alternate between the two. Pretty much, every click would change you between Aspect of the Fox, and Aspect of the Hawk. And, due to the way Aspects work, it would be impossible to be in Fox and have that macro showing fox, providing that you use only the macro for switching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think that it would actually remove the aspect entirely, if he were in Fox to begin with. Ratmranter's solution seems to be ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not familiar with how hunter aspects work, but I doubt this is possible, you can however add a modifier:

This will put you in Aspect of the Fox if you just press MB5, and put you in Hawk if you press alt+MB5. Of course you can change that to shift or ctrl
    That's still 2 buttons, what I am trying to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I use

#showtooltip
    /cast !Aspect of the Hawk; !Aspect of the Fox

works well
    That just keeps me in Hawk.

dargon's suggestion works perfectly and is superior due to it showing which aspect you are switching to (if that matters to you). for the record aspects have a seperate GCD to other spells and does not start a GCD when you remove the aspect. which is why my macro works. if in any aspect but hawk (or none at all) it casts hawk and then is unable to cast fox due to gcd. if in hawk its removes hawk then casts fox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ratmranter View Post
    /cast aspect of the hawk
    /cast aspect of the fox

very simple macro that i use to swap those two aspects. may look odd but i guarantee it works for how you want to use it. i also have #showtooltip aspect of the fox at the beginning but that is personal preference
    Exactly what I was talking about. I guess the solution was very simple, never thought to try it...

Thanks bud.

Edit: And now I see Dargon's shows me which I am switching to, very nice.
    Last edited by Indiglo; 2011-07-07 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    Exactly what I was talking about. I guess the solution was very simple, never thought to try it...

Thanks bud.
    You should be careful, as I believe this type of macro will ONLY work for stances/aspects, that don't activate the GCD when toggled off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
    You should be careful, as I believe this type of macro will ONLY work for stances/aspects, that don't activate the GCD when toggled off.
    Yeah, just switched to yours, showing what your switching to is very handy.