Need Advice From Good Mages. Mana Concern

Ok I am a mage posting on here for some advice. I have Great gear, I already have 5 378 pieces, I feel like my dps is not where it should be with my current gear. Please do not ask for armory or logs I just need help keeping my dps up.

My Rotation is pre pot ABx4 ,Mana Gem, Arcane Power, Mirror Images all the way down to 35%, then Evo.

Ok now the problem is, with Mana Gem & Evo being on cool down...what is my rotation..simply keep ABx4 then Arcane missles, maybe throw in a barrage in there? I did 21k on Baleroc and thats with switching in and out for the shard.

I heard something about keeping your mana above 85% while everything is on Cooldown.

Please give me some insight on what the proper rotation is for conserve phases.

AB3AM or AB4AM, you wanna keep your mana as close to >95% as possible between burn phases. When Evocate hits 25-30 seconds left on CD, pop CD's again and mash AB until 30%, evocate, resume rotation.

Also, an armory would greatly help as itemization, gemming/enchanting, and spec could one of the causes. 21k seems low for Baelroc, even on 10. Baelroc 25 I'm pushing 29-31k reliably without external buff feeding.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Deleted
    Proper rotation for conserve phase is simply mana-neutral. You have to hoover between 90% and 100%. The more the better due to the effect of our our mastery. That is also the reason why mastery is one of our best stats.

After you have reached a certain point of gear (since you have sow you have reached this point), the standard-conserve-rotation is: FO, 4xAB, AM or ABar(if AM has not procced). If your gear is not good enough to stay over 90% Mana (without any Int-procs, take a look at mage manabar) you have to switch between 4xAB, AM and 3xAB, AM.

85% is too low unless you had to burn an add or something. In this case switch your rotation to 2xAB, AM (FO is extremely usefull to get AM-procs)in order to get over 90% again.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    Proper rotation for conserve phase is simply mana-neutral. You have to hoover between 90% and 100%. The more the better due to the effect of our our mastery. That is also the reason why mastery is one of our best stats.

After you have reached a certain point of gear (since you have sow you have reached this point), the standard-conserve-rotation is: FO, 4xAB, AM or ABar(if AM has not procced). If your gear is not good enough to stay over 90% Mana (without any Int-procs, take a look at mage manabar) you have to switch between 4xAB, AM and 3xAB, AM.

85% is too low unless you had to burn an add or something. In this case switch your rotation to 2xAB, AM (FO is extremely usefull to get AM-procs)in order to get over 90% again.
    Ok so i'm on the training dummy now and I get to 6-ish% while Abx4 & Arcane Missles. Now when Arcane Power is off CD I still have a good 30seconds for my mana gem to get off cooldown as well. Should I pop AP and burn till 35%? Also should I use flame orb to and cast constant Missles to get some mana back?

Your burn phase should be ~30 seconds if not longer, so pop CD's, burn, etc, evocate and then go conserve. 1.5 mins of waiting will bring AP+Gem off CD aswell as let your Evocate come off CD just as you need it. One of the mistakes alot of newer arcane mages make is waiting until evocates CD is completed before going into burn phases, which on an average fight will cost you anywhere from 1-2 extra burn phases.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Deleted
    pop a flame orb too to help get mana back up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirusx View Post
    Ok so i'm on the training dummy now and I get to 6-ish% while Abx4 & Arcane Missles. Now when Arcane Power is off CD I still have a good 30seconds for my mana gem to get off cooldown as well. Should I pop AP and burn till 35%? Also should I use flame orb to and cast constant Missles to get some mana back?
    Training dummy is not raidenvironment. You are missing replenishment, Pallybuff, Mark of the wild and so on. In order to find out what your neutral rotation is you need a raid environment. I think withou these buffs almost nobody is able to maintain his mana above 90%.

Concerning the burn phase: you should wait until both managem and arcane power are off cd. Your burnphase has to end when you evocation is off cd again. So usually 30-40 secs before evo is off cd you have to start your burnphase.

But please consider raidencounter. If you cannot burn alysrazor in phase 3 for examplte because you followed a strict pattern that is dumb. Somethime you also have to use you arecane power to burn an add because dmg is missing. In this case you have to try to get your mana up again as fast as possible in order to be ready for your next burnphase (i.e. that is the place for AM procced by FO).

Arcance is all about knowing encounter-mechanics. The better you know the mechanics, the less you have to move, the better you are able to time your burn-phases.

Do not bother to much about new encounters, if you know them better, your damage will rise significantly.