15+ Year Old Account

Heroic Rhyolith : Affliction over Destuction?

Hey,

just wondering from those who've done the fight on heroic mode which spec they think is better? I'm thinking soulburn: corruption would be nice for the adds as well as Soulswapping for the bigger add.

What do you think?

Ek

demo would be most ideal , if you dont like demo then aff

Deleted
    demon!
    you are with aoe the best for killing the adds, u got a root for the slimes and u can power meta under 25% for more dps than other dd`s.
    but if you don`t want to play demon, use destro. u got a stun aoe, conflag can also stun on the slimes while killing them and you got a dmg-reduce cd for the last 25%

If you're struggling on the oozes go Affliction, if you're not - Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    Hey,

just wondering from those who've done the fight on heroic mode which spec they think is better? I'm thinking soulburn: corruption would be nice for the adds as well as Soulswapping for the bigger add.

What do you think?

Ek
    It is really going to depend on what your guild needs. My guild needed more DPS on the legs, and affliction allows for constant dots on the left and right leg, as well as soul swap every 30 seconds. Soul Burn: SoC also proved to be quite useful. My guild pretty much ignored all of the liquids, as most were just AoE'd down with the Fragments. We typically had 6-12 reach the boss, but this made little difference for us. I honestly don't see much reason to play Destro on this fight. BoH on the legs will just mess up with the direction your guild is trying to turn the boss, and you shouldn't need to stun.

Demo unless your guild is already aoe heavy (there were attempts where between my pet and I, I doubled the next highest person on Fragment damage)

---------- Post added 2011-07-08 at 02:09 AM ----------

Logs for reference: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/81511/

It says normal, but it wasn't normal

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Demo unless your guild is already aoe heavy (there were attempts where between my pet and I, I doubled the next highest person on Fragment damage)

Hmm... I barely had enough time to get a SoC off with my guild's AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro is just really terrible for the fight in general its pretty much demo or affliction. You are gimping your raid by not being demo though.

Made by dubbelbasse

Just hope that you won't get forced to play Destro for the whole of Firelands because of Replenishment

Do I sound bitter? (/mumble something about the blasted Resto druid going on his vacation)
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Destro is just really terrible for the fight in general its pretty much demo or affliction. You are gimping your raid by not being demo though.
    i wouldn't say it's too bad.. you can boh the legs or the big add while dpsing+stunning the small adds, it's not terrible..

15+ Year Old Account
    I went Demo ; AoE was insane and needed. Normally I would Fraps, however I found my framerate dropped to 15-18 dps during the encounter ; not sure whether this was due to the damage having an effect of some kind combined to the absolute mess of clutter that amasses etc ; I've heard people are having issues on the official wow forums. Anyone else have FPS issues? Done on 25 man.

Ek

---------- Post added 2011-07-08 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post

Sometimes our adds went down slow ; new adds come up and I channeling Hellfire, having to stop cast and let the tank take aggro of me. You get any issues like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    Sometimes our adds went down slow ; new adds come up and I channeling Hellfire, having to stop cast and let the tank take aggro of me. You get any issues like this?
    A little bit, usually they spawn far enough away that I can wrap up what I'm doing and end my cast or just run away from them so that I'm not spamming AoE while they are being grouped up.

If not, that's what shatter was saved for on that fight. The only other aggro problems were when meta was up, but I can tank adds just fine at that point. Just have to make sure you are tanking them where you need to.

My frame of reference is from 25 man. If you are in 10 man you probably should be demo for the sp buff, but I very much prefer affliction. Keep in mind you should probably have at least 1 affliction lock for Jinx.

The only thing I would give the edge to on demo is the aoe on the fragments, but affliction does decent aoe on them, and isn't a lame duck for every other aspect of the fight. Not saying demo is bad, just inferior when compared to affliction for this fight specifically.

Affliction can roll dots on the legs, be on mercury dps (we had no boomkins avail for our kill, so they were an issue at times), aoe the fragments, make sure every add in the fight is jinxed, dps the sparks, and it can do it all at once (just requires some focus).

Once near the end of p1 you need a heavy burn on the legs to push and despawn all the adds (which it is totally a waste to dps), double rolling dots is going to be way better for this, and I won't bother getting into affliction's edge in the execute phase.

I'm a fan of demo, I just haven't found any place for it in firelands (not that I'm even close to doing all the hard modes).

Can't post link for WoL, but it is at Coalition1 on Destromath.