Question on Warlocks and Beth'tilac

Hello!

I am a "part-time-raidleader" for the second raidgroup in my guild and got a question for this boss
    and Warlocks (I do the raidlead only in some cases for this group, depending on who is online,
    and it is the group with the weaker dps so everything is a bit more difficult).

We tried to let the warlock (who is affliction) handle the medium spiders, but noticed a BIG
    drop in his dps (which was not enough for these spiders) compared to when he did the Drones.

Is this task bad for a warlock? (I have the alternative of using a hunter for this, but would prefer
    to let the hunter deal with the small spiders). Or is this maybe a specc issue? Is there another
    specc which he could use for this fight making it easier for him (I sadly do not know that much
    about warlock raiding)? Or even a specc which would be good for him to do the little spiders
    (demo specc is good for AOE if I understood right, or is this wrong?)

What task in this fight do warlocks feels is "theirs", the one where they are best suited for?
    Which specc should this fight be played in for best performance? (especially in the context of
    a "weaker" raiding group).

Actually yesterday I was in a random group and the warlock there also did lower DPS in this fight,
    he then talked something about "better using destro specc for this fight", I *think* it was about
    adds dying too fast for the dots to get serious dmg or something like that.

Any recommendation appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MagicSN

Deleted
    demolock is the best thing a wl can do at this encounter. just let him kill the small spiders.
    if u want to stick him to the medium ones, he should use destro. affliction should just be used if he kills the big spider or is on the web

imo destro is the best for this fight

-you can boh the boss before she goes up
    -has stun for the little adds
    -most burst out of any 3 specs

if your raid has decent/good aoe dps and can kill the small spiders at a pretty good pace, destro will be your best bet, otherwise go demo

Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    demolock is the best thing a wl can do at this encounter. just let him kill the small spiders.
    if u want to stick him to the medium ones, he should use destro. affliction should just be used if he kills the big spider or is on the web
    Thanks a lot! Actually I had not thought about the option to use him in the web yet. I will have a chat with him what of the tasks (combined with the specs as you list them) he feels most comfortable with.

i do play demolock...quite easy and comfortable for me. just killing the small spiders, doing some dps on the rest that is moving around
    not much u can do wrong

Deleted
    If you -need- to control the spiderlings, ie not Frost Trap or any other slows, then I think Destro is the best spec. If the Spinners were clumped and needed to die fast because they were a massive threat, then Demo might be best. I still think Affliction is.

You can multi-dot and Seed the Spinners, they're not remotely dangerous while on the floor and can be slowly whittled down and cleaved by other DPS while more important adds are focused. Keep DoTs up on the Drone (with CoE, Jinx puts it on everything), you can glyph Shadowflame if you need to slow the Spiderlings in place of Soul Swap. Unless spinners are being left to hang and so need to be bursted fast, in which case Destro would be better. This isn't even factoring Affliction's higher Execute damage, which comes at the most important time of Phase 2 when her damage goes nuts. If he can't keep up decent damage on Spinners and the Drone, then it's a problem with him rather than the assignment or spec.

We we're actually doing this fight last night, at point with just one lock (myself) and then with two later on.
    Destro is my passion as a warlock so I play it whenever I can and it works really well on spinner detail, I BoD'd beth before she went up and utilized BoH on spinners, with the burst of destro it's really easy to time the deaths of spinners so that the team up top can almost immediately go back up after dropping down for devastation and reduce the aoe dmg. I also kept dots running on the drone and shadowfury on the little spiders if needed.

Our affliction lock came in and we swapped out one hunter that had been on adds. And the afflic lock went on spinner detail with double dotting and did fine, time was a little more difficult for him so we used taunt's and deathgrips to pulls spinners down to make strings readily available. I went on a mix of drone duty and helping the hunter on spiderlings and putting BoH on Beth at the start of the pull.

If your wl is good either of the 3 specs is viable for at least one of the assignments.
    Nice girls don't. But I do

I just go Demo and wreck stuff.

Our hunter and mage go uptop, and myself, another lock (or dk), and a shadow priest stay down and kill everything.

All three specs have advantages and disadvantages on beth, but personally I just stayed Aff since it's my primary spec.

It depends what your raid is struggling on, locks are capable of killing all three adds, but if you want to talk about theoretical max dps you should probably just be multi-dotting like crazy on anything within range. I know personally on our 25man kill I just dotted everything up, mostly damaging drones and spinners, and if any spiderlings got in range I'd SoC them too (although usually the spiderlings seemed to evaporate pretty damn quick).

Deleted
    Have tried boh demo and affliction. Gotta say that affliction is kinda intense while you're on spiderlings but It's doable if you're good at massive multidotting!

I personally am demo for this fight. With a slow on the little spiders I am able to take care of them by myself. This is on 10m.

Demo just wrecks the small spiders. Being able to Hellfire on the move is hax for this encounter.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.