Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eend View Post
    What do you mean?

You still have the cooldown as it is now and you can use it when it is the most urgent.
    If you'd rather be healing as a humanoid why don't you play a Paladin or Shaman then?

Druids are made to play in forms don't tell me you play a druid because you'd rather be a human they have played as a tree for over 3 years. I guess you've started playing your druid since cataclysm then? or did you never like the tree form at all? Which seems odd according to the class and talent specialization you've chosen to be.

I mean that I only want to be a tree when i choose to pop the cooldown, not at other times. And you ask why I wont roll a shaman or paladin because I dont like a cosmetic feature of resto druids? Thats the last reason I would reroll my class, I love healing on my druid. Besides, having to shift to tree form just to gain benefits of your spec would make resto druids in pvp even worse than they are now.

And as for when I started healing, it was late wrath of the lich king. I have had my druid since vanilla now, switching specs every now and then. Then resto druids didn't even have a tree form and didnt use any forms as resto.

If you do not like tree form, why have you decided to play a restoration druid and not a restoration shaman?
    but your idea for a glyph is nice too
    Believe it or not, balance and restoration druids existed for a long time before they added the clown suits to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelluss View Post
    Druids are all about the forms they turn into. So humanoid appearance just looks like a non-druid thing on WoW.

I used to enjoy more Resto build before these changes, although I've been always a Boomkin, when we could turn into treants.

I've been thinking on possibilities to combine both ideas of permanent form of treant, and the new empowered ToL form.

Could be something like, you shapeshift into treant to get a few and minimal benefits on healing done. More like be in ToL form to get 25% more healing.

And then an empowered ToL, or Ancient of Life like someone has suggested, to take the form of new ToL skin; bigger than a treant and somehow more resembling to a tree or Ancient. Which could get all benefits from the current ToL. The different however could be a mechanic applied to it, like: When on AoL, the caster entangles its roots into the ground to withdraw powers of the nature, empowering some of his/her nature abilities. But increases the range of all nature spells in 30%.

Then the Treant Glyph could be turned into, remove the rooting effect of AoL but doesn't increases its range no more.

Just a few ideas to spread out.
    So, basically you want the old ToL back with an added Healing CD.
    Selfish bastard, what about the other 80% of the resto community that does not want ToL?

10+ Year Old Account
    (I have copied my post from the official World of Warcraft forums, so please do not bother the phrases that refer to the development team specifically)

Greetings,

I am Morphisto and I play as Restoration druid since the beginning of TBC.

The reason for making this post is, I have the perfect solution for making "all" restoration druids happy again.

Tree of life has been removed as a permanent form. I still remember the reason why Tree of life got changed and also the amount of QQ that caused it. Many Druids have tried to rage and ask to get tree of life back as a permanent form, well I've got the perfect solution for it.

Right now when we choose the restoration tree we get:

Swiftmend
    Meditation
    Gift of nature*
    Disentanglement
    Harmony

*gift of nature increases your healing by 25%.

Instead of gift of nature, we'll get tree of life. A permanent form that increases your healing by 25%. This is like a Balance druid, when you choose the balance spec you get certain bonuses but without Moonkin form your damage will be low so you use Moonkin as a permanent form to gain maximum benefits.

Well now with Tree of life form added instead of Gift of nature, tree of life gives you the 25% healing bonus, so you have to use this (permanent) form like it was and you do want to use it to gain the maximum benefits like Moonkin form.

You have designed Tree of life to work as a major Cooldown which seem to work pretty well, but many players want tree of life as a permanent form.

Now let's change this cooldown into something else because we have the Tree of Life as a permanent form now instead of Gift of nature.
    Tree of life talent changes into "Empowering tree of life" for example.
    This talent gives the same benefits like Tree of life does now but you don't change into a tree, your permanent tree form instead gets assisted by the powers of nature.

This won't affect the druids healing and it will only make the druid healers happier again and I'm 100% sure people will start playing their druid or Restoration spec at least again because of this.

Tree of life is not useless this way because you want the gift of nature buff from the tree of life. The tree of life talent does the same as it is now but it empowers the tree so you get the same benefits without changing anything in the way druids heal or how much they heal.

Druids are designed to be fighting, tanking, healing in forms. Like: Cat form, Bear form, even a Swimming form, an Owl form to deal damage as ranged and even a cheetah form to travel faster, but unfortunately we are missing the healing form now. It is really something.. well.. druidish and I hope my thoughts I've shared with you will get the tree of life back into the game as a permanent form.

Do not let the druid healers die! If they want to heal in a human form, let them play priest, paladin or shaman but I have asked many druids around that I've met in the last couple of months from the release of Cataclysm and nearly all of them think this is a good idea and would love to have the tree of life back.
    I'm 100% sure players will want to spec Restoration more than it is now and some even get to play as (restoration) druid again.

I hope the development team will like this idea.

Thank you for letting me share my idea

Regards,

Morphisto
    i like this, but some people wont and dont. Id much rather just have a glyph that lets me be in tree form when i want.

The reason many players don't want TOL as a Perm. form are for PvP reasons, which.. I. think is quite BS. Blizzard needs to make seperate trees for PvP. Stop nerfing PvE for PvP

I miss it. I would love the OPs solution, but I would be grateful for a simple cosmetic minor glyph.

Great idea!!!!

I miss my poor flapping branches as I danced around...

I would like a glyph but i do not believe it is the solution. You would even get balance druids sitting around with a glyph of ToL confusing ppl.
    Last edited by Eximess; 2011-07-09 at 01:37 PM.

The most reasonable way I see this issue resolved is by changing our current minor glyph to where it makes caster form (in resto spec only) a treent with no pvp advantages and shifts you to the new ancient looking tree when popping the ToL cooldown. There would obviously be no +healing as a treent as that would be your 'caster form' and the ancient would be your 'tree of life'.

Doing that (IMO) would be the best way to make both sides happy. I personally miss bouncing around as a tree tossing my hots and dancing.
    Last edited by Speshuled; 2011-07-09 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Clarification
    This space for rent.

Bah, simple put: when you chose resto talents an extra shapeshift button appears enabling tree of life form - no buff, no effect, nothing but graphic change.

So greeks and Trojans would be happy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kladd View Post
    Wow op, you think everyone plays druid just because they wan't to be in a treeform and not because they like how the class works? Also, this would be quite a nerf and i don't think people would like blizzard to delete their best CD just for cosmetics.....

As someone above said, the best solution is just make it a minor glyph and those who wants to play as a tree can.
    I don't believe they have to be mutually exclusive. Make Tree of Life a permanent form like it used to be, the slightly upgraded from treant look, but when you blow the cooldown, you grow in size and have branches and leaves grow from your body.
    The potential for a truly amazing animation is huge for this, I feel.

But mostly, I miss /dancing with my tree friends with their goofy little twist. Now I just dance with the bears.
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

See you just reverted the change. You're going to get split feedback because some people like tree form and others don't.

What you need is to maintain the removal of the need to be in Tree form and change the cooldown that ToL currently provides to something else. People who want to heal in tree all the time can and the people who don't don't have to. That's what is really needed right now. Blizzard should realize that the best way to solve this problem(If you even want to call it that) is to let both sides be happy. You shouldn't force one side to just "deal with it" when you can easily implement it so both sides can frolic through the forest not as a tree or a caster...but as a Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    But but... I don't want to be in Tree form all the time. The idea of an optional, cosmetic Tree form with 100% uptime is fine, not stepping on anyone's toes, but I like being able to heal effectively in my caster form.

I'd pretty much just like the choice of a cosmetic form, or humanoid, then the actual cooldown. So there's still the nice healing cooldown, but if I wanna mess around as a tree I possibly can.
    The thing that's imporant is choice, like with raiding now. When you level up to 85 and get your heroic gear, you can either grind through the older raids like T11, to do T12, or you can get the justice points to buy the T11 stuff so you can do T12.
    Some people like ToL form and want it like back before Cata? Sure, here's the form. Want to stay in humanoid form while casting? Sure, there ya go.
    Either way there's still the healing cooldown, and bam.

Deleted
    As some said already, they should make us able to chose between healing in caster form or tree. That way all would be happy.

The way I see it to be done right is:

Remake the ToL glyph - Then you can switch in and out of ToL without popping the Cooldown. You will get the old skin while in this form.
    When you use your ToL cooldown, you will be changed into the new skin and have the same empowerments as you currently have.

Can't see how this would be a problem?
    You can chose to either heal in humanoid or ToL form. People will still be able to see, when they can CC you in arenas, hence to different looks when cooldown used.
    Those who wanna heal in ToL all the time can do that, and those who wanna flash their shiny shoulders all the time, can do that.

Job's done!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelluss View Post
    Druids are all about the forms they turn into. So humanoid appearance just looks like a non-druid thing on WoW.

I used to enjoy more Resto build before these changes, although I've been always a Boomkin, when we could turn into treants.

I've been thinking on possibilities to combine both ideas of permanent form of treant, and the new empowered ToL form.

Could be something like, you shapeshift into treant to get a few and minimal benefits on healing done. More like be in ToL form to get 25% more healing.

And then an empowered ToL, or Ancient of Life like someone has suggested, to take the form of new ToL skin; bigger than a treant and somehow more resembling to a tree or Ancient. Which could get all benefits from the current ToL. The different however could be a mechanic applied to it, like: When on AoL, the caster entangles its roots into the ground to withdraw powers of the nature, empowering some of his/her nature abilities. But increases the range of all nature spells in 30%.

Then the Treant Glyph could be turned into, remove the rooting effect of AoL but doesn't increases its range no more.

Just a few ideas to spread out.
    This is a fantastic idea.

I hate having permanent tree form, I like it the way it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    And many don't.

Why not just make it a minor glyph instead.

That said, with the T12 non-kilt look, I'll be in permanent noggerfogger or similar :/.
    T12 is so darn ugly. I feel very sorry for restos >_>
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminomeph View Post
    I liked the original ToL and would love to see this implemented
    The original Tree of Life did not let you cast Remove Curse, Innervate, Rebirth, or Healing Touch in it. You were required to shift out to cast any of these, and then back in again for your rolling of Lifeblooms. By that extension, Nourish would also be prohibited.

The original Tree of Life was also a permanent 20% snare. Everything that made Tree of Life an interesting and valid point in TBC when it came out was eroded to be nothing more than passive bonuses, that should've been in the spec to begin with. It's better this way, trust me.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I greatly disliked being stuck in my Treeform during tbc and wotlk, when you got purplez you want to show them! So they should just make a minor glyph aviable that makes you look like your in treeform while in combat.

10+ Year Old Account

The reason for making this post is, I have the perfect solution for making "all" restoration druids happy again.
    Yeah. Right. Except for the people who like seeing their character and gear. But hey, they don't matter because they aren't real druids, anywayz.

I love the melodrama and dire sense of urgency you try to communicate in your post. lol

This won't affect the druids healing and it will only make the druid healers happier again and I'm 100% sure people will start playing their druid or Restoration spec at least again because of this.
    Do not let the druid healers die!
    I'm 100% sure players will want to spec Restoration more than it is now and some even get to play as (restoration) druid again.
    Thank you for letting me share my irrational obsession
    Just let go already. Please. It's gone. And it's not coming back. Be grateful you can still do your goofy /dance for thirty seconds every three minutes and get over it.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2011-07-10 at 05:21 AM.