Last on the DPS - Feral cat - Tell meeh what i do wrong

Yo fellow lovely cats.

i recently was allowed to reroll Feral Cat and was overjoyed! weehu, finally i where going to show those bastards that i could pull my own weight.
    but oh boy, i couldent be more wrong, in almost every encounter in scrathing them buttom of the dps. and it pisses me off.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otionel/simple
    i just ditched my reforging and gemmed full agi in my shit. the new 4.2 post made me confused on what the hell i should reforge now.
    besides my reforging and gemming i would like to know if anything else needs a change.
    my rotation maybe? ive read the cat guide stickied on the forum and tries to follow the rotation from there.
    My guild is 6/7 Firelands atm. and im pulling an avarage dps from 20-23k in my gear.

EDIT: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v4s9zlb7o1zfm82l/

HALP FROM A DESPERATE CAT
    i love the spec, really do. but pulling my raid down by sucking isent what i had in mind :/
    Last edited by Unproven; 2011-07-08 at 06:04 PM.

Reforge all your gear to expertise/hit to the cap (prefer to reforge crit and haste over mastery), feral cats don't need +movement speed so change your feet enchant to 35 agility (also regem them to 20 agility), exchange your glove enchant to 65 mastery, I'd also suggest checking out the forums at the fluid druid. That's all I can tell you without more info. Edit: also change out your meta gem to the 54 agility one.

Deleted
    erm you are not supposed to reforge to expertise/hit untill you hit a certain amount of gear, which he does not have.

If you have another piece of tier 11, you should be using that to gain the 4p bonus. Even if it means replacing your 378 chest for just a 359. The tier bonus will be worth it.

You also shouldn't of spent your valor points on a relic. You seem to only opt for ilvl and don't factor in how huge of a dps increase the set bonuses are. Basically you have 4p t11 and don't break that til you can get 2p t12 and then only replace your 2pt11/2pt12 until you can get 4pt12. All of those 4 set bonuses are very good and outweigh the non set pieces even if they are higher ilvl.

20-23k dps really isn't that bad tho if you're new to feral. I bet you could use more general tips in how to play than how to set up your toon. Those types of tips I really couldn't give from just seeing an armory link... I'd have to see a WoL parse or a video from your perspective.

Your dot uptime is WAY too low. Rake, Rip and Savage Roar should all have 90% + uptime on Staghelm. If you aren't using any dot tracking addon or some way to condense what you need to look at, I'd suggest downloading one. Satrina's Buff Frame has worked very well for me over the years, and although it is no longer being updated, it still works fine with no errors. I set up an additional bar and blacklist everything except Mangle debuff, Rip, Rake, Faerie Fire and then have an additional one for checking the same debuffs on my focus. There are plenty of other tools you can use as well and it becomes personal preference at a point.

Staghelm is an excellent fight for feral dps. Single target with low movement and hardly any attacking from front. During the scorpion phase you can attack from behind for a huge chunk and then move in front of the boss right before his energy bar reaches full because that is when he does his frontal aoe that you need to split. This can be harder to do the more stacks he gets of both debuffs, but for the first 5-6 stacks you can spend most of the time behind him.

so seeing my uptime isent as it should be, i guess its because i FB to much?
    i have been wondering about this aswell, i just feel like a Rtard sitting with 5 combo points :<

EDIT;
    oh yea, could somene tell me if i should reforge to hit/exp or still go for mastery?
    Last edited by Unproven; 2011-07-08 at 07:46 PM.

reforge to expertise cap it worked wonders for me. try it out for couple of days of raiding than decide if you want to be hit capped too.

Sitting on 5 CP is just part of being a cat. It feels wrong, especially if you've played a rogue, but it's just how we are.

Thank you, All of you (:
    Ive Regemmed and re enchantet almost all of my gear.
    im gonna log on and reforge my gear aswell. i will be trying out to get my exp cap and might even hit.
    seeing on the comments here and on the forum / armory theres like 50% doing one thing or another.

anyways, more tips is allways apriciatet (: