Baleroc and Disc healing?!

Hey guys, I havent had the chance to heal this fight yet on my priest and was wondering does the increased healing buff also increase the amount absorbed by PW:shield and the healing portion of Attonement? I know the aegis are buffed due to your healing inc and bigger crits but I havent seen any info on the other two.....thanks guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shields are larger. 200k PW:S is sexy. Don't know about smite, people still spec it?

Awesome, thanks for the reply

Deleted
    IS Aegis buffed?

I know that they should be larger due to the larger heals being cast, but are they still capped to 30% of the priest's health?

Also, be sure to cast a direct heal on the tank to get the Vital Flame buff before putting your first shield on the tank or the shield won't get any of the bonus healing applied to it.

I've seen no reports or testing on Atonement for this fight but it seems like a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they are because doesn't the tank gain a stacking HP buff? Atonement wouldn't trigger Vital Flame because its not a direct heal, same thing with hots. Now that I think about it, atonement is not affected by that buff because its based off the damage of smite so I guess it would be okay for that extra % healing.
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Bruen View Post
    IS Aegis buffed?

I know that they should be larger due to the larger heals being cast, but are they still capped to 30% of the priest's health?

Also, be sure to cast a direct heal on the tank to get the Vital Flame buff before putting your first shield on the tank or the shield won't get any of the bonus healing applied to it.

I've seen no reports or testing on Atonement for this fight but it seems like a bad idea.
    Yes. I had a GHeal crit our MT for 480k, and it dropped a RIDONCULOUS DA on him.... however:

See the fight mechanics. His HUGE hitting ability cannot be mitigated at all. Disc is absolutely fine for this fight, you just have to remember the tank HAS to be topped off before the Decimation hit or he's dead. Shields don't work, neither does Pain Sup, GS.

The large DA's DO make it awesome for the regular melee hits on the tank though, each GHeal crit gave a DA that would absorb 2-3 of his reg melee hits.

Later edit: Atonement works fine so long as you get a direct heal on the tank for the buff first. The smite hits regular, but the heal is big. This was as of Tuesday when we killed him.
    Last edited by Ebbikenezer; 2011-07-09 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    oooo nice def going disc for this next week!
    [/CENTER]

Deleted
    The boost does affect atonement...
    [22:04:47.083] Ferin Holy Fire Baleroc 15344
    [22:04:47.579] Ferin Atonement Harathar +73349

Definitely buffed there...

Atonement doesn't trigger vital flame or vital spark however so you have to weave in a lot of penance and other heals to maintain stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    Yes. I had a GHeal crit our MT for 480k, and it dropped a RIDONCULOUS DA on him.... however:

See the fight mechanics. His HUGE hitting ability cannot be mitigated at all. Disc is absolutely fine for this fight, you just have to remember the tank HAS to be topped off before the Decimation hit or he's dead. Shields don't work, neither does Pain Sup, GS.

The large DA's DO make it awesome for the regular melee hits on the tank though, each GHeal crit gave a DA that would absorb 2-3 of his reg melee hits.

Later edit: Atonement works fine so long as you get a direct heal on the tank for the buff first. The smite hits regular, but the heal is big. This was as of Tuesday when we killed him.
    Healed this fight last night as disc and the only thing thats a pain is topping the tank back up quickly after he gets WTFPWNED and dropped to 10% or so. You have such little time to top him back up, even with spamming flash heal its close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk92555 View Post
    Healed this fight last night as disc and the only thing thats a pain is topping the tank back up quickly after he gets WTFPWNED and dropped to 10% or so. You have such little time to top him back up, even with spamming flash heal its close.
    In that case either you tank has too many stacks of Blaze of Glory or you have too few stacks of Vital Spark. Or both.

Decimation Blade will always hit the tank for 90% of their total health, and their health pool can be MASSIVE when they have lots of Blaze stacks. It's one of the reasons 2 tanks is a lot easier because the tank who eats the Decimation Blade tries to keep his Blaze stacks as low as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk92555 View Post
    This is a good time to cast a PW:S - to provide that melee swing buffer while the tank gets topped up.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruen View Post
    In that case either you tank has too many stacks of Blaze of Glory or you have too few stacks of Vital Spark. Or both.

Decimation Blade will always hit the tank for 90% of their total health, and their health pool can be MASSIVE when they have lots of Blaze stacks. It's one of the reasons 2 tanks is a lot easier because the tank who eats the Decimation Blade tries to keep his Blaze stacks as low as possible.
    ^ This, we have a soak tank pick him up first and grab 3-4 stacks, just enough to get above 250k hp, then the main tanks takes it the rest of the fight. On decimation blade, the OT grabs it, gets hit for 250k, and is super easy to heal. The other tank soaks all that fire damage(that can be mitigate =) )

Deleted
    Healing a Torment-target with Penance generates a stack PER "healing-bubble" gaining 3 stacks per penance. Save up Penance if your going to switch from tankhealing to torment healing.
    Casting PW:S on a Torment player will also generate a stack ( I'm using the PW:S glyph, maybe you dont get a stack without the healing effect)

PW:S gets the +healing buff
    DA gets the +healing buff
    Atonement gets the +healing buff

you may want to configure Power Auras to track the buff. The +healing buff for tanks is called "Vital Flame" lasting 15 sec. You should track the remaining Flame time to prevent yourself from blocking gathering Vital Spark stacks. Once you're in tank healing mode you're locked there for 15 sec so be careful and stop casting in time
    I've also configured Grid to know who is taking dmg from the crystal the Debuff on a crystal-player is called "Torment".

Good luck, Baleroc is a great encounter for healers ;-)

We did it with 4 healers , 2 groups who switch each time. If your 5 dps get 20k dps then u will just make it in time for enrage. Any lower dps will not make it. We only used one tank since easier we found(dk). Basicly the only thing that will kill tank is decimation blade. Just spam fast healz even when tank is full hp and you'll make it.

We switch healer team each special attack, each decimation blade or inferno blade, we switch and other team stacks sparks. Which means switches every 30 seconds and dps take about 12 stacks . Dps classes with damage reduction cooldowns help alot to make taking many stacks easier.

Overal easy fight, i would suggest to start with more healers to get the healing rotation down, then once everything runs smooth and u hit enrage, take better dps or go with three healers.

The damage is pretty weak sauce, only decimation blade is spam fast healz unless your dps fail at shards, if u keep tank up throw decimation blade its a kill

Offcourse if your healers dont stack up enough sparks then you'll maybe not have enough healing power.

It should be noted that the effect for gaining stacks by healing players with Torment is: The healer gets 1 stack for every 3 stacks of Torment on the target.

So let's say you have a setup like us and your ranged are taking 12-15 stacks. You penance the target at 12 stacks and you just gained TWELVE stacks of the healing buff. Not 3. So what I personally do is hit them with penance early on in the stacks and then have it again just before they are to swap with the next person in the rotation. Lots of stacks.

can see the amount of sparks gained by each healer on wol, in buffs gained, good way to verify if the sparking rotation worked as intended i guess.

On wowhead baleroc there is a power auras string to add so u can see vital flame and vital spark, make sure to import it into an empty page since it overwrites the page and thus all your things will be lost

like yeah DA follows all the rules it has before INCLUDING the cap on it at around 52k for a raid geared priest ( i think 1/3 ure max hp )

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iujob2qjf5cpu0nu/details/10/?s=12011&e=12323

thats the logs from today avg DA was 16k avg crit gheal was 106k

u can also see PW:S got buffed too by the buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostkill View Post
    like yeah DA follows all the rules it has before INCLUDING the cap on it at around 52k for a raid geared priest ( i think 1/3 ure max hp )
    Doesn't seem to cap:
    [22:04:10.480] Harathar gains Divine Aegis from Ferin (Remaining: 68293)

Cap is 40% of max hp, I'm pretty sure I didn't have 170k hp.