10+ Year Old Account

New Graphics Card Lag, WTF!?

Ok so I just bought a nVidia GTX 550 Ti. I run WoW in recommended settings. I start the game, cool it's 55-60 fps. Then 2 minutes later (without changing anything to my graphics option) BAM! 15 to 30 FPS everywhere, WTF someone explain that please?
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club

i5-3570k Overclocked@4.2GHz | nVidia GTX 550Ti | 12GB DDR3 | Asus P8Z77-V LX | Coolermaster 650W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition |

Do you have VSync on? If so, make sure that the Triple Buffering option IS checked (under advanced)

If it's unchecked, the FPS-counter will drop to half if it can't maintain stability on 60. And then down to 15, and cap vsync there.

Deleted
    Just to be completely sure, you DID install drivers for the new card, right?

After you have checked your driver and messed around a bit you might want to make sure the cooler working correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes my drivers are installed.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club

i5-3570k Overclocked@4.2GHz | nVidia GTX 550Ti | 12GB DDR3 | Asus P8Z77-V LX | Coolermaster 650W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition |

Turn off all of your addon's before you login, then see if you still get bad fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow is cpu dependant. dont expect high rates with a gpu change.

even with my trifire 6950 setup with everything maxxed i was at around 30 fps hover in SW/ogrimmar when it was busy @3.84Ghz turbo core. hover at 50 now with it at 4.0Ghz
    Last edited by sizzlinsauce; 2011-07-09 at 01:42 AM.