Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolldruid View Post
    Not sure if serious...

A series that is fight, lose, train more, get stronger, kill random bad villain repeat 20 times must be best!
    You missed the 10 minutes per episode where the heroes stand there cowering in fear and disbelief of how strong the villian is.

Ah, memories of the Cell Saga.

Not sure if serious...

A series that is fight, lose, train more, get stronger, kill random bad villain repeat 20 times must be best!
    Yes

...... ... . . . . . .....
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Yes

...... ... . . . . . .....
    Then you certainly have low expectations for a series

FMA (manga version)
    Code Geass

I mostly read manga due to anime being slow as fuck to develop plots but I have many more favorites just can't think of them atm.
    Basically anything with a good story & action. Minus romance faggotry and slice of life anime's.

Then you certainly have low expectations for a series
    No

..... .. . . . . . ....
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Well id have to say outlaw star it had lots of action great story some romance and great comedy I would have said DBZ but most of GT killed the whole franchise to me
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

No

..... .. . . . . . ....
    This world will explode in 5 minutes.

3 hours of episodes later, This world shall explode in 2 minutes

3 hours of episodes later, OH NO I HAVE TO ESCAPE THE PLANET BEFORE IT EXPLODES!

No

..... .. . . . . . ....
    Well dragonball only got fights since the story and mostly everything else sucks, and even those are just done very badly. Punches are just thrown randomly, and there is no thought involved. In the anime entire episodes go into powering up or cowering in fear...

I used to love Dragonball as i kid, and i still love it, but now i have discovered soo many other series that beat Dragonball by far. You probably haven't give any other anime a shot, and now think dragonball is the best...

Saying Dragonball is the best anime is like saying Lady Gaga is the best artist in the world because her songs make top lists...

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 12:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
    This world will explode in 5 minutes.

3 hours of episodes later, This world shall explode in 2 minutes

3 hours of episodes later, OH NO I HAVE TO ESCAPE THE PLANET BEFORE IT EXPLODES!
    HAHA i almost forgot that, wow hahah
    Last edited by Trolldruid; 2011-07-18 at 12:39 AM.

I've just recently gotten into Anime as a whole about last year, as a kid I only watched what was on Toonami. Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam, and Rurouni Kenshin. Once I got back into Anime I bought all those shows, except Gundam, to watch them from start to finish. I have to to say only a few anime's thus far can actually give me chills, Yu Yu Hakusho gave me chills multiple times, spectacular f*cking show. DBZ also did it plenty, especially every time Goku hit a new SSJ level (the first transformation being the most epic).

As for recent great Animes that I've been watching, I have to say Trigun is an all around masterpiece, Samurai 7 is good but I wouldn't call it great, Trinitity Blood has some awesome scenes, but it's too slow and religious for me, I'm not a fan of catholic church based lore. FMA:Brotherhood is probably so far, my favorite anime. It's deserves a 10/10 in all categories across the board. I never watched the original FMA, but I hear Brotherhood is better, and more true to the manga, so I really have no reason to go back and watch the inferior one...

I've recently been watching through Sacred Blacksmith, and I have to say I'm enjoying more than anyone said I would, it's hilarious and the fight scenes aren't bad at all, not to mention the animation is among the BEST I've ever seen.

I used to love Dragonball as i kid, and i still love it, but now i have discovered soo many other series that beat Dragonball by far.
    That's how I feel. To me Dragonball Z was sort of like the original over-the-top shonen series. I liked it as a kid, grew up and hated it, but over time have come to appreciate it in an odd way. It's not the best anime by a long stretch with plenty of faults, but there's something unpretentious about it. It isn't really a copy of any other franchise, so the ludicrous powering up and episode-long standoffs along with a bit of self-deprecating humor is just what the series does. That's not an apology for its faults, but I've sort of come full circle and just sort of accept DBZ for what it is and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlycaster View Post
    i'm actually thinking of getting into an anime now (few friends been bugging me to do it) they say i should start with Naruto or Bleach.

What do you guys recommend for a newbie anime-watcher? xD
    Bleach. Naruto annoys me. :P Just seems cheesy. Get the Zanpakuto Unknown arc and you'll like Bleach.

My all time favorite is probably The macross franchise- not any paticular series in it, but Macross as a whole. Of course I'm referring to the non Robotech filtered version .

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Love that series, its themes on Human Emotion and Politics make it pretty amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favourite (if you can classify this as anime) is Avatar the Last Airbender. Just brilliant.

For a Japanese anime I'd say Death Note, but that's the only one I've watched lately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdozze View Post
    Code geass by far the best.Seconded by Great Teacher Onizuka.

Also:Full Metal Panic,Ergo Porxy,Durarara,Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom,Busou Renkin,Serial Experiments Lain,Detroit Metal City,Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni,Bakemonogatari..etc. are worth mentioning.
    You use Elfen lied as your avatar but you don't mention it!
    Blasphemy.

Ps. Elfen Lied, Fairy Tail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unifybe View Post
    You use Elfen lied as your avatar but you don't mention it!
    Blasphemy.

Ps. Elfen Lied, Fairy Tail.
    I didn't mention the anime in my avatar. Don't get me wrong, I love the series, but I just dont think it is the "best" or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I didn't mention the anime in my avatar. Don't get me wrong, I love the series, but I just dont think it is the "best" or anything.
    Hey, me either, then again I just watched Utena. I'd say it's one of the best in terms of symbolism and stuff.

Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, InuYasha, TriGun, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, and all of Dragonball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soul eater is my favorite anime too bad its really short...

Everyones self-worth should only be measured by how useful they would be in the Zombie Apocalypse.