Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 Rag Normal help

My guild is throwing ourselves at him for the first time tonight. I have a few questions and I was hoping someone can help me out.

1. Are there still 8 adds in the transitions. and how much health do they have?

2. How many stacks should the tanks take before a switch?

3. is there only 1 scion or 2? and how much health do they have

4. In phase 3 how much do the meteors actually hit for? Im wondering if we dispersion or wings a person and let them hit the meteors will they die?

also if a meteor explodes does a new one spawn right away or does the next spawn stay on the same CD? Basically im wondering if our 2 paladins can bubble or our shadow priest can disperse or our holy priest can wings someone to get rid of the meteors and still survive.

Also if you have any general advice please feel free to share.

Thanks in advance

1. Yes 8 adds, I think 150k?
    2. I think four
    3. Two scions, 2 mil health each
    4. The meteors one shot you

If a meteor explodes, it doesn't despawn. It sits there for a few seconds then targets a new person. You can try doing wings and seeing if it saves them, but it might bypass those sort of things. Not sure, we never tried it.

As for general advice, here's our 10m Rag video. 2nd day of 4.2 and this was like our second time of seeing P3 so the end was pretty sloppy, but still I hope it helps you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHKz4...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Matik; 2011-07-10 at 12:24 AM.

Do not hit the meteors at all. Even with dispersion you will die because of the major knock back. It will knock you off the platform, into the lava.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    My guild is throwing ourselves at him for the first time tonight. I have a few questions and I was hoping someone can help me out.

1. Are there still 8 adds in the transitions. and how much health do they have?

2. How many stacks should the tanks take before a switch?

3. is there only 1 scion or 2? and how much health do they have

4. In phase 3 how much do the meteors actually hit for? Im wondering if we dispersion or wings a person and let them hit the meteors will they die?

also if a meteor explodes does a new one spawn right away or does the next spawn stay on the same CD? Basically im wondering if our 2 paladins can bubble or our shadow priest can disperse or our holy priest can wings someone to get rid of the meteors and still survive.

Also if you have any general advice please feel free to share.

Thanks in advance
    1: There are still 8. Tanks and healers can practically solo them though they only have ~150K HP unlike the 830,000 on 25. Just assign people to one of the eight spawn points left to right. Ragnaros will sometimes place his hammer left, centre, or right so it's good to have roamers who can go to the closest spawn points. Stun them, snare them, death grip them, above all get them below 50% quickly and switch to a new add.

2: We found three to be good.

3: 2 Scions, 2 million HP each. Drag them over to Ragnaros and cleave him while you bloodlust and blow them up.

4: Meteors hit for enough to one shot you through dispersion. They DO NOT despawn after killing someone and will simply pick a new target. Kite them to the edges of the room and hit them with anything, then get back in your spot. Healers should bind some sort of damage spell, you only have to damage them. Melee can use a thrown weapon.

I didn't fraps our 10-man kill, but 25-man should still give you an idea of how meteors work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQ4FnAnl70#t=7m10s
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2011-07-10 at 12:38 AM.

can the meteors get knocked off the edge of the platform?

Regardless of where they get knocked back, they still come back to track their target

They just roll right back up and lose no time doing so. You'll have to do the mechanic properly.

Deleted
    paladins can bubble
    What others said and for this:

General rule is that in firelands you can no longer cheese any mechanics by iceblock, cloak, bubble, wings etc. For example baleroc debuff, majordomos debuffs (from "orbs" too) cant be just removed (they kept stacking even in iceblock).

The best thing you can do is to have pre-assinged places to kill adds. Like "You two, kill the two here" etc. Stuns, death grip is pretty important here. Make the best nukers to extreme left and right cos the hammer can be those sides and they are extremely close then.

Oh and yeah, healers should help too. Palas stun and priests mindspike etc

how often do they spawn in 10 man?

Deleted
    what ^ said.
    if you need a good video about how to handle the meteors with classes that struggle with having ranged attacks here is ours, I know some people found it usefull.

www .youtube. com /watch?v=HjIskNQ5ufQ&feature=player_embedded
    Delete spaces, new on forums so cant post links

Starts at 9:00
    Last edited by mmoc21d5ec7fa4; 2011-07-10 at 01:21 AM.

how often do they spawn in 10 man?
    One every 45 seconds in 10-man.

Two every 45 seconds in 25-man.

Aim for three, no longer than four, minutes in phase 3 on your first kill.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2011-07-10 at 01:24 AM.

Deleted
    http://i53.tinypic.com/2ztf30g.gif

also this

Edit: Too big image to put here to annoy. Sorry, click instead =P
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2011-07-10 at 01:24 AM.

Deleted
    This is where mmo-champion should have a like button :P awesome

update. we r having no issue with phase 1. how long shouyld phase 2 last? how many sets of adds should we get?

update. we r having no issue with phase 1. how long shouyld phase 2 last? how many sets of adds should we get?
    3 or so, 4 is not good

r the adds in p2 tankable?

r the adds in p2 tankable?
    Not tankable, they are stunnable. Three sets is good. Two sets is great. Four sets is pretty bad and probably a wipe. Five sets is... well.

Also tip for getting through the phases faster, all your DPS can keep burning Ragnaros while he's casting splitting blow and about to phase.

in p2 does he do a rotation of smash and engulfing or is it random?

in p2 does he do a rotation of smash and engulfing or is it random?
    They are both on a timer

huh weird. mine doesnt seem to show them in p2.