10+ Year Old Account

biowares announcement at comicon sd?

What do you think it will be? They've hinted it will be something big. You can look at the map here:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_exhib_1.php

Yes, apparently la/bioware is going to have a presence at comicon bigger than dc, or marvel. So what do you think their announcement will be, and I'm curious why they would wait to announce stuff at comicon instead of e3? Then it kind of hit me. How many other mmo companies do you see there? Maybe you can count the sony area, but pretty much they are it. So if they announce anything to do with swtor they will be guaranteed no other lame game company can upstage them.

By the way, there is something I find interesting. Both Bioware, and Lucasarts are listed differently there. Yet they share the same space, and the area for them is covered by the LA while not sharing the same area as EA. I wonder if that's more about associating SWTOR with LA and distancing itself from EA?

I could be way off, and that could just be some tinfoil hat conjecture. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing it on g4.
    Last edited by lunaspike; 2011-07-10 at 11:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They will probably be dedicating their time to TOR and the Mass Effect movie.

They said something about the movie on gamesradar the other day. It was from a reliable source

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm wondering about is they are supposed to make a big announcement concerning The Old Republic. Was kind of hoping someone here might have heard some rumors or something. I am hoping for a release date announcement, but honestly I don't expect that at all. Still seeing as they didn't announce it at E3, like so many believed they would, I'm curious when they will actually announce it.

10+ Year Old Account
    SW:TOR, Mass Effect 3, and the new Dragon Age 2 DLC "Legacy"...Those 3 are slated for an appearance at the comic con (I wish I could go )
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

Im curious, why did comic con become a place to talk about video games? Its like going to a dnd convention and talking about star wars
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-07-12 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Im curious, why did comic con become a place to talk about video games, its like going to a dnd convention and talking about star wars
    Well now you have MMOs that are comic-book based. I remember Cryptic (when they still ran City of Heroes) going to the San Diego Comic Con way back. This particular convention is a mixed bag of folks, sci-fi and fantasy lovers. It's a good venue for a Star Wars-based game at the very least.

For comic book super hero mmo's i understand, and star wars i get it a little, but isnt there other games going to comic con or am i just imagining it?

Love your sig btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    For comic book super hero mmo's i understand, and star wars i get it a little, but isnt there other games going to comic con or am i just imagining it?

Love your sig btw
    Heh, AMC and CBS/Showtime are going to be there too...AMC? What the...O.o

I guess if they can go than a few games companies can go too, but honestly the only big name game dev that I heard is going is Bioware. This comic con is 90% comic book vendors/artists/etc.

[Edit: My bad Capcom is gunna be there too.]

Thanks! My favorite NPC(s) in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Thank you for posting that. I hope we get some more live feeds like the ones from e3. Hell I would be fine with a replay of a walkthrough. Really interested in the companion system. From what's been said they will be fine for doing the flashpoints, so I hope (doubtful considering it's a lottery just to play) that we will get to see a few people do them using cc.